La Toyah: Not sweet but calculating

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong...I like the fact she is scheming and plotting and I really, really like the way she is doing it but it makes me laugh all the (dare I say) patronising "awww" and "soooo sweet" posts on the forum she attracts.

She has distanced herself cleverly to observe. She's staying with the men as she knows this will keep her in for the longest, and picking off the women - her nomination of Ulrika was a startling case in point....try the 'sweet' reason for getting rid first, when BB don't approve, a strong, definite, not-so-sweet answer comes tumbling out.

She is smarter than the others in that she is not doing the female self-destruct thing...not too much bitching, not being overtly sexy, not being emotional (manipulative) not being opinionated (not a woman's job, you know - ask Tommy:p) and not forming any close friendships with another woman or man.

She's one to watch.;)

*** disclaimer *** all my opinion of course, but I am so right. :D:D

Great post, spot on :)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    La Toyah is a people-watcher.

I think she's just fascinated playing amateur psychologist.

I'm enjoying her obersvations. It's almost like she's one of the viewers watching from the inside and reporting back!
  • academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't get me wrong...I like the fact she is scheming and plotting and I really, really like the way she is doing it but it makes me laugh all the (dare I say) patronising "awww" and "soooo sweet" posts on the forum she attracts.

She has distanced herself cleverly to observe. She's staying with the men as she knows this will keep her in for the longest, and picking off the women - her nomination of Ulrika was a startling case in point....try the 'sweet' reason for getting rid first, when BB don't approve, a strong, definite, not-so-sweet answer comes tumbling out.

She is smarter than the others in that she is not doing the female self-destruct thing...not too much bitching, not being overtly sexy, not being emotional (manipulative) not being opinionated (not a woman's job, you know - ask Tommy:p) and not forming any close friendships with another woman or man.

She's one to watch.;)

*** disclaimer *** all my opinion of course, but I am so right. :D:D

Great post. And you are SO right. She's a highly manipulative persoanlity and gameplayer.
    Nohting sweet about her except the way she puts herself across.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sid_1979 wrote: »
    I don't find La Toyah scheming. I find her astute.

And perhaps the reason she's closer to the guys is because the other women in the house don't give her the time of day.

I totally agree with you Latoya is very intelligent and astute. She in essence told one of the young guys ( Oh God I forgot his name, you know the guy who was in that band A1) that he should ignore him.

I just think Michelle is immature and ultra sensitive she
    should just ignore Coolio. I want Latoya to win, buut she's not given enough TV coverage
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, just like her brother she's a complete and utter loon. I think she has already said she doesn't have many friends in real life either.

"I know who's nominated whom" she said tonight. She clearly has some type of mental disorder.

OMG, the classic signs of someone who has a mental disorder - quick, call the men in white coats! ;):p

Like all the Jackson's they say they've led a sheltered life, but being in the entertainment business I doubt this is entirely true ;)

However, she's obviously a very private person and shy so has probably become very good at observing people and there's nothing wrong with that!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    radiofan wrote: »
    I want Latoya to win, buut she's not given enough TV coverage

I think La Toya is given just the right amount of coverage. She leaves us wanting more which maintains our intrigue and interest in her.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    I agree that she isn't so sweet but a calculating person. She creeps me out somewhat.
    I think she is a bit of a sh*t stirrer

wasnt she the one who went to foolio and told him people were talking about him last week and wasnt she the one who was telling Tina that Michelle fancies Ben

She does all this stirring in a 'sweet' way, but its stirring all the same
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is overly paranoid.. Not calculating I don't think its in her.
  • autumnautumn Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

wasnt she the one who went to foolio and told him people were talking about him last week and wasnt she the one who was telling Tina that Michelle fancies Ben

Everyone's a 'stirrer' then because they all talk about each other. Latoya nominated Ulrika because Ulrika didn't bother to speak to her. And, like Ulrika, I do think that LaToya does find her a bit scary. She has that 'don't cross me' look.
  • Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think La Toya is given just the right amount of coverage. She leaves us wanting more which maintains our intrigue and interest in her.

They are slow burners, those Jacksons. Jermaine was the same and I ended up loving him.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Telling Coolio people disliked him - and that was news to Coolio?? And again about Ben and Michelle - that was old news when she brought it up. But I have to ask then, why is Latoya being called a sh*t stirrer, when every single last one of them is talking about the others behind their back? Is this still BB we're watching??
  • BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    Good point. Although, I can't help thinking she only turned against Ulrika after Coolio lied about Ulrika's supposed "bitching"....:(

He didn't lie! Ulrika was very rude after the rice thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She hasn't stirred anything up, she was simply stating FACTS to a few people about Ben and Michelle to Tina and Coolio.

She probably will win just like like last years BB8 winner, because she is not bitchy . I just loved her when she participated in the tasks VERY ENTERTAINING comapred to the over bitchy women in the house.

Have you noticed only one person nominated her for fickle reasons
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't find La Toyah scheming. I find her astute.

And perhaps the reason she's closer to the guys is because the other women in the house don't give her the time of day.

I agree, after her dreadful relationship with her ex, I bet she got masses of therapy and learned inner ways of coping.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are slow burners, those Jacksons. Jermaine was the same and I ended up loving him.:)

Absolutely.

This is a marathon, not a sprint ;)
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The diary room did make me laugh. All sweet and then bang, out it came.

I love how she sneaks around and listens to everything, then has her little theories!!!!

She's playing the game really well.

I do like the way she does try and look out for Coolio though. Almost like he's her naughty son she's trying to guide in the world. Today the 'come in here' 'sit down' was like a mum about to tell off her kid.

I think there is something slightly, can't think if a nice way to put it, crazy about her, but it makes her interesting.

I think she does have her sweet sides, but I also think she's quite tough, so good for her!!!

I must admit, I wasn't overly excited about her being in there....but then saying that I wasn't overly excited about anyone being in there, but I do love the little bits we have with her.
  • ageappropriateageappropriate Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    I don't find her calculating at all but I do think she's very intelligent and seems to have a talent for getting the sum of people through careful observation.

As for spending more time with the men, well I'd do the same as the men look like so much more fun to hang out with. Ok, so Tina's potty mouth can be amusing, but as for the rest of 'em.... what a bunch of moaning harpies!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jende wrote: »
    The diary room did make me laugh. All sweet and then bang, out it came.

I love how she sneaks around and listens to everything, then has her little theories!!!!

She's playing the game really well.

I do like the way she does try and look out for Coolio though. Almost like he's her naughty son she's trying to guide in the world. Today the 'come in here' 'sit down' was like a mum about to tell off her kid.

I think there is something slightly, can't think if a nice way to put it, crazy about her, but it makes her interesting.

I think she does have her sweet sides, but I also think she's quite tough, so good for her!!!

I must admit, I wasn't overly excited about her being in there....but then saying that I wasn't overly excited about anyone being in there, but I do love the little bits we have with her.

I think she's slighly kooky and very complex.

We just don't know what to make of her which makes her all the more fascinating to watch.

She's unique, not your run-of-the-mill BB contestant. A breath of fresh air.

I can't praise her enough (in case you couldn't already tell!)
  • abercrombieabercrombie Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose she has had a lot of practise people-watching because of growing up in such a large family and with the background she has had.
  • oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is incredibly sneaky, sitting around looking as if butter wouldn't melt in her mouth but listening in to conversations, storing them up ready to bring out later. Although she gives the impression of detachment, how she loves the gossip game, with the little whispered confidences. Goodness, she is a player.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't find her calculating at all but I do think she's very intelligent and seems to have a talent for getting the sum of people through careful observation.

As for spending more time with the men, well I'd do the same as the men look like so much more fun to hang out with. Ok, so Tina's potty mouth can be amusing, but as for the rest of 'em.... what a bunch of moaning harpies!

I CONCUR, I think the "Latoya haters" are watching a different programme and I agree about about being a slow burner. I think she's going to win this
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oulandy wrote: »
    She is incredibly sneaky, sitting around looking as if butter wouldn't melt in her mouth but listening in to conversations, storing them up ready to bring out later

La Toyah is hardly listening into other people's conversations when there is one room and they are all sat about talking openly!

Yes she does store up information and form insightful opinions of her housemates. That's the name of the game. We all do it too.
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her, and think she is very accurate in her observations of hms. She is also caring in the way she tried to talk to Coolio about his behaviour making Michelle cry.

So far, I like her and hope she is in the final.
  • Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    La Toyah is hardly listening into other people's conversations when there is one room and they are all sat about talking openly!

Yes she does store up information and form insightful opinions of her housemates. That's the name of the game. We all do it too.

Yes, I don't think she deliberately finds a conversation to listen in on...but when she does, she stores it and uses it. To be honest, I would do EXACTLY the same.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I don't think she deliberately finds a conversation to listen in on...but when she does, she stores it and uses it. To be honest, I would do EXACTLY the same.:o

What impresses me most is that La Toyah's bedroom is isolated from the rest of the house so her impressions are based only on what sees and hears during group chats.

She's highly intuitive and very good at reading body language.