Humax HDR-1000S Firmware Update 1.00.16 - Now Available

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Why is anyone buying this unit? Since the .16 update my unit does not chase play and cannot record anything, let alone the first recording. Only one channel is working. It's an overpriced no-recorder!

I also have low hopes for the .22 firmware. I'll keep the unit to see what the OTA does in a few weeks but have bought a replacement unit from another maker - at less than half the price. It can't be any more disappointing than this experience. No problems up to Christmas either, which adds insult.

The Humax goes back at the end of Feb if no +ve feedback on this and other forums by then. Clock's ticking

Wish Topfield did a dual tuner freesat box :-(
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dry cork wrote: »
    Why is anyone buying this unit? Since the .16 update my unit does not chase play and cannot record anything, let alone the first recording. Only one channel is working. It's an overpriced no-recorder!

I also have low hopes for the .22 firmware. I'll keep the unit to see what the OTA does in a few weeks but have bought a replacement unit from another maker - at less than half the price. It can't be any more disappointing than this experience. No problems up to Christmas either, which adds insult.

The Humax goes back at the end of Feb if no +ve feedback on this and other forums by then. Clock's ticking

The beta .22 firmware solved all my recording issues.
    Why not try it?.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member

if i was u i would seriously update ur unit to the .22 update vua the beta software site, many have done it on here, including muself, and has resolved just about all the issues i had, the main 1 being the recording issue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Thanks, some +ve news.

I'll wait for the OTA. I don't have the time to check the warranty situation regarding Betas and feel I've done enough testing for them.

If it's as good as you say and all known critical issues are resolved then it shouldn't be long to GA via OTA
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, some +ve news.

I'll wait for the OTA. I don't have the time to check the warranty situation regarding Betas and feel I've done enough testing for them.

If it's as good as you say and all known critical issues are resolved then it shouldn't be long to GA via OTA

It's an interim fix for the recording issues. The next ota is expected to be feature adding (and will of course incorporate the fix).
    Forum Member
    Thanks, some +ve news.

and i dare say installing the beta firmware from the humax site would void ur warranty, if that was the case i very much doubt they would publish it online where it can b downloaded and installed, with instructions....
  • FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member

I'm over the moon with mine, I actually rate it above a Sky+ HD box which it has replaced. A work colleague who bought one at the same time as me this last weekend is similarly impressed. The .22 firmware appears to have worked a treat too, so for me so far, highly recommended.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    markdyer72 wrote: »
    and i dare say installing the beta firmware from the humax site would void ur warranty, if that was the case i very much doubt they would publish it online where it can b downloaded and installed, with instructions....

Firmware upgrades are easily removed simply by installing a new one over the top. Done hundreds of recordings on the new version without issues.
    Forum Member
    Firmware upgrades are easily removed simply by installing a new one over the top. Done hundreds of recordings on the new version without issues.

yep and snap i havent had a failed recording since installin .22, well happy with it now, and as say only thing that needs now is 4OD and 5 and will be complete, ohh and maybe flixster or blinkbox wouldnt go amiss :D
    Forum Member
    Resolving the text wrap would be nice, it's most annoying
    Forum Member
    Faust wrote: »
    Resolving the text wrap would be nice, it's most annoying

yes i must agree and thats first thing i noticed when got mine, it never did it on thefoxsat hdr and doesnt do it on my technisat..... scroll once to let me know what is but that will do, and even then doesnt need t do that as i go into my recording so i know what i watching lol
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Ha Ha regarding the scrolling text, seeing Coronation Street constantly moving accross the front of the box is quite annoying out of the corner of my eye.
    My wife keeps moaning about not having a clock display instead as we already know what we're watching as that's what we chose to watch in the first place.
  • scotorcascotorca Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    markdyer72 wrote: »
    yep and snap i havent had a failed recording since installin .22, well happy with it now, and as say only thing that needs now is 4OD and 5 and will be complete, ohh and maybe flixster or blinkbox wouldnt go amiss :D

Do you not think that the programme Information Text could be a wee bit larger as well?
    Forum Member
    scotorca wrote: »
    Do you not think that the programme Information Text could be a wee bit larger as well?

maybe just a tad, but i manage wi the size it is, as i say i know what i watching from the recorded list so doesnt even necessatily need to b there, let alone scrolling
    Forum Member
    I'm talking about the text wrap arounds in the listings/recordings etc. not the ticker banner on the front - that doesn't bother me one way or the other.
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know what Automatic power down does in the power saving menu?
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Does anyone know what Automatic power down does in the power saving menu?

Puts the unit into standby if there has been no remote control activity for, I think, 3 hours.
    Forum Member
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    Puts the unit into standby if there has been no remote control activity for, I think, 3 hours.

Thanks, I best let the wife know as it has been know for her to leave ITV on in the morning watching Jezza and This Morning with no remote activity.
    It would of been nice if there would of been some sort of summary in the booklet with a brief description of all the settings options.
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Thanks, I best remember this just in case there's an influx of 3 hour long films on :D.
    It would of been nice if there would of been some sort of summary in the booklet with a brief description of all the settings options.

hence y i have mine set to 'off' :D
  • Edward DrexelEdward Drexel Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    I'm talking about the text wrap arounds in the listings/recordings etc. not the ticker banner on the front - that doesn't bother me one way or the other.
    Yes, I'm not a great fan of this myself, and have posted several grumbles about it on the Freesat forum.

The more recordings you accumulate, the more annoying it becomes, I find, and the page numbering - "12-5/16" or whatever - is no help at all.

After all, if this forum were designed so that, when you've scrolled past the most recent post, you come to the start of the conversation again, and that continued ad inifinitum, with no dates on the posts to help, I think that would be similarly annoying :-)
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    Yes, I'm not a great fan of this myself, and have posted several grumbles about it on the Freesat forum.

The more recordings you accumulate, the more annoying it becomes, I find, and the page numbering - "12-5/16" or whatever - is no help at all.

After all, if this forum were designed so that, when you've scrolled past the most recent post, you come to the start of the conversation again, and that continued ad inifinitum, with no dates on the posts to help, I think that would be similarly annoying :-)

Aye, that has caught me out a couple of times I must say. If the first programme in my recorded list was Top Gear after I have scrolled down through the other programmes/pages it ends back at the same Top Gear episode . A couple of times I have thought it was an old recording and deleted it assuming it was at the end of the list and not the list going back to the start.

Since the last update rewind function has become a pain, had a few freezes/reboots.

But the new pain in the arse is a few series linked programmes no longer appearing in my planner or showing the red Rec icon on the EPG, even though it still records them usual.

So for example I have Call The Midwife on BBC1 and Top Gear on BBC2 (both broadcast at the same time) and both on series link, yet there is no indication that Call The Midwife is set to record (in either the planner or on the EPG)
    So of course I hit record again thinking it is no longer in my planner.

I then get the rather bizarre choice of either cancelling CTM that I have just set to record or cancelling CTM that is in my planner but not actually showing up in the planner or on the EPG.:confused:

Im not even sure that makes sense typing it it.:confused::confused::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But the new pain in the arse is a few series linked programmes no longer appearing in my planner or showing the red Rec icon on the EPG, even though it still records them usual.

So for example I have Call The Midwife on BBC1 and Top Gear on BBC2 (both broadcast at the same time) and both on series link, yet there is no indication that Call The Midwife is set to record (in either the planner or on the EPG)
    ::D

Next Sundays Call The Midwife (BBC1-HD) is in my schedule and is flagged on the epg.
    Forum Member
    "12-5/16" or whatever - is no help at all.

I'm probably going to show myself up as stupid now but I can't fathom what those figures are meant to represent. I have got quite a bit recorded on my 1000s now and struggle to understand where my recordings start or finish and what the hell those figures mean. Really should be easier than this.

I've come across another anomaly this evening. I was watching Being Human and noticed that the programme info ticker was stationary - e.g. static info, simply said "Being Human". Stayed like that for the entire programme. As soon as I selected another recording the ticker started scrolling as per normal.
    Forum Member

I've come across another anomaly this evening. I was watching Being Human and noticed that the programme info ticker was stationary - e.g. static info, simply said "Being Human". Stayed like that for the entire programme. As soon as I selected another recording the ticker started scrolling as per normal.

if the programme title fits along the screen it has no need to scroll.....so therefore doesnt scroll
    Forum Member

It's only stationary if the entire program name fits within the allocated didgits of the display. If the names longer than what can physical fit then it will scroll.
    I think it can allow around 10 letters before it starts to scroll.