Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    It will be a shame to see one of my favourite Street couples split up but on the other hand it sounds like a great storyline and I'm sure Simon Gregson can pull it off as he's one of the best actors on the show. :)
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Posted a while back, "The bint marginalised Steve for months and made him feel like some jester. So now when he lashes out at her and makes her feel insecure by refusing to communciate, she worries about the sex."
    The real SOR is how this relationship managed to last this long. Built on hate.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member

Favourite couple? :o:o:o

I hope she goes to stay with her parents in Ireland. For ever.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB Apparently.

BIB Only death is forever.;-)
    Anyone think the split will be permanent?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posted a while back, "The bint marginalised Steve for months and made him feel like some jester. So now when he lashes out at her and makes her feel insecure by refusing to communciate, she worries about the sex."
    The real SOR is how this relationship managed to last this long. Built on hate.

BIB That's such a shallow and meaningless reason for a relationship. Clearly the Corrie writers don't have a clue about Michelle Connor - except that Steve is lucky to have her.
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was 6pm but never mind even then I thought it was early enough for the date night to still go ahead. How long is one of Anna's lessons? ;-) And she's going to teach him to read in time for the auction at Christmas! :D:D:D QUOTE]

Don't forget though, she's only 'reminding' him how to read, as we all know he could already read when he and his lovely daughter starting messaging when they first got in touch :D
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, and then they ALL decide on a one-way ticket to Australia!!
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valentine wrote: »

Michelle treats him like cack anyway no bloody wonder he's depressed
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a full shelving rack just behind the door, so it looked even less like a 'ward' and more like a storage cupboard!

BIB I though Todd had come out of the closet years ago!

Oops, I'll get my coat:D
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They won't split, seeing as the deluded producer probably thinks they are the next Jack and Vera. Although what is there for Michelle to do? She only latches onto either Steve or Carla. No doubt during her temporary split from Steve she will be back in Underworld, holding her trusty clipboard and telling the staff off and lording over everyone.
  • Options
    cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They won't split, seeing as the deluded producer probably thinks they are the next Jack and Vera. Although what is there for Michelle to do? She only latches onto either Steve or Carla. No doubt during her temporary split from Steve she will be back in Underworld, holding her trusty clipboard and telling the staff off and lording over everyone.

Maybe Keet from Boyzone is due back sometime soon to take her on another singing cruise? :D
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...................... No doubt during her temporary split from Steve she will be back in Underworld, holding her trusty clipboard and telling the staff off and lording over everyone.

No doubt the *huge* order for 10,000 knickers will mean they'll need another supervisor, so there's a job ready for Michelle.

Though why they'd need another chief and no more indians (can you still say that?) is beyond me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, they give her the status required to be Michelle Connor. Michelle Connor can't work as a factory girl, in the kebab shop or the chippy.

How her badly managed wedding planner business can survive with the two weddings she planned not paid for is ludicrous. But The Bank of Steve probably bankrolled it, so what does care?

Steve has given her everything she has and got slated for it. She ridiculed him for going to college, told him to get a vasectomy, dragged him along the street by his ear, put him on a diet, smirks, screams and belittles him at every opportunity.

Michelle in the Rovers - horrible character. Michelle in the factory - horrible character. Can't see how this character can ever work.
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OldEnough wrote: »
    People have been charged and convicted and imprisoned on far flimsier evidence than they had against Peter Barlow. And yes, of course CS has a large number of imprisoned characters because it's a soap opera and not real life!

Really? You seem determined to go on defending this absurd story. Of course we can cut them some slack, but a soap opera still needs to have some kind of relationship to reality or there's little point in watching.
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    No doubt the *huge* order for 10,000 knickers will mean they'll need another supervisor, so there's a job ready for Michelle.

Though why they'd need another chief and no more indians (can you still say that?) is beyond me.

Well that order makes all the difference. The biggest SOR ever will be a trip to Buck House for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen%27s_Awards_for_Enterprise. but it's a foregone conclusion, isn't it? (Cue Sally, suggesting that she should go)

Plus Carla being feted by the CBI.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? You seem determined to go on defending this absurd story. Of course we can cut them some slack, but a soap opera still needs to have some kind of relationship to reality or there's little point in watching.

They definitely stretched credulity to breaking point with this one. Peter is convicted for murder on the flimsiest of circumstantial evidence and is then released from prison and fully exonerated three weeks later when the "real" killer is found (even though nobody knows whether Rob is guilty or not : he could change his plea to not guilty at his trial and be acquitted by the jury).
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    They definitely stretched credulity to breaking point with this one. Peter is convicted for murder on the flimsiest of circumstantial evidence and is then released from prison and fully exonerated three weeks later when the "real" killer is found (even though nobody knows whether Rob is guilty or not : he could change his plea to not guilty at his trial and be acquitted by the jury).
    I thought it was said Rob has pleaded guilty.
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »

Maybe he has confessed to the police, but he hasn't had a trial yet. What a twist if in court he then pleas not guilty. They only have very flimsy evidence although that never seems to bother soap police!
    I just wish they would pair Michelle with Sean and then send them of into the sunset together. Byeeeee!
  • Options
    OndineOndine Posts: 3,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Todd said he was kept awake by the man in the next bed. Has he forgotten he was in a store room.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ondine wrote: »
    Todd said he was kept awake by the man in the next bed. Has he forgotten he was in a store room.

Yes he wasn't on a general ward he was in a side room. With the door shut he wouldn't have heard much.

No in-patients on soaps are ever on a ward next to other patients.
  • Options
    Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    basdfg wrote: »

I don't think you can be charged, let alone convicted, on a confession alone. We haven't actually seen the cops built a case against Rob yet, have we? I assume they will have to reinterview everybody involved. Then again..........; )
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Valentine wrote: »

What did the Aussies do to deserve that? :o
    Ex Pat wrote: »
    I don't think you can be charged, let alone convicted, on a confession alone. We haven't actually seen the cops built a case against Rob yet, have we? I assume they will have to reinterview everybody involved. Then again..........; )

Presumably, they don't have any evidence against him or they would have interviewed him further at the time. Surely his finger prints would have been found on the balcony railing at Tina's flat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ondine wrote: »

Todd (bruno) can't keep that eye closed, looks right creepy half open

And Joseph looks about five when he's not even three yet (born December 2011)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something odd ive noticed is the numbering on Victoria street with the community centre / cafe / kebab shop numbered 14/16/18 from west to east but the taxi office / empty yard / tonys yard numbered 15/17/19 the other way, east to west, there is a random door marked 17 on the side of the bookies which is meant to be 9 Rosamund street. Street numbering is usually done from one end or the other

Then again the numbering of Albert square on EE makes no sense either, 1/3/5, 23/25/27/29/31, 18/20?, 41/43,45, queen vic/47
This discussion has been closed.