Options

Will One direction crack America?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Is this in iTunes, and not updated on the website yet or something?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Videos & photos of them in France, mental!
    http://www.onedirection.net/huge-french-crowds-gather-to-see-1d/
  • Options
    MatejaMateja Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WMYB #11 on iTunes USA singles chart. Amazing. Especially considering iTunes USA is a crazy place right now (Grammys, Whitney's death). Once radio starts playing the song, TOP 10.
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    buckers_wv wrote: »
    Where are you looking for the charts? I cant see One Direction anywhere on the itunes chart I'm looking at. Point me in the right "direction" ;)

If you go to itunes, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the flag. It will give you a host of flags of the countries. The U.S one is at the top with Canada.
    Mateja wrote: »
    WMYB #11 on iTunes USA singles chart. Amazing. Especially considering iTunes USA is a crazy place right now (Grammys, Whitney's death). Once radio starts playing the song, TOP 10.

I know, it is crazy. This is with very little airplay and 0 promotion. Incredible. Also looking good for a performance at the Kids Choice awards in a few weeks.

ETA: I think it will go Top 10 before the end of today. They've gone to sleep now, it will pick up again in the next few hours.
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can't see WMYB in the usa itunes chart... :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    i can't see WMYB in the usa itunes chart... :(

It's #11 in the singles chart.

Albums (preorder) are #74 and 75 on the itunes album chart.

ETA: WMYB is #12 in the Canadian Itunes chart.
    Albums (preorder) are #58 and 77.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O. M. G. :eek: it was released yesterday?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O. M. G. :eek: it was released yesterday?

Climbed so fast in only a few hours. I think a lot of people were really surprised at how quickly it climbed, considering they've had very little airplay and 0 promo in the states.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb... getting a glass of h2o before i faint... before they come on this morning... lolz!! :D:D
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Omg 11's. Amazing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Omg 11's. Amazing

totally... :cool: and when they climb to top 10... me: dead!!:D:D will be typing from the grave... ja ja ja!!!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    totally... :cool: and when they climb to top 10... me: dead!!:D:D will be typing from the grave... ja ja ja!!!:)

Keeping an eye on it. We need to give U.S Directioners time to wake up.:D:D
  • Options
    AmazingAmazing Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    Climbed so fast in only a few hours. I think a lot of people were really surprised at how quickly it climbed, considering they've had very little airplay and 0 promo in the states.

Really clearly illustrates this is all down to hype. Best they keep the illusion that they can actually sing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Amazing wrote: »
    Really clearly illustrates this is all down to hype. Best they keep the illusion that they can actually sing!

Why thanks for the lovely comment, they can sing intact and it's impressive even if it's what you call hype, cos we call it appeal :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wrong turn.:rolleyes: This is now a happy thread.:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i prefer to say it is because of buzz... :p they were anticipated... by those who "discovered" them thru the alternative social media such as twitter, tumblr and youtube... 1D is not just a band... 1D is a lifestyle... 1D is a way of life... :D:D:D
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member

are you spanish? because all the spaniards/latin americans I know all say ha ha ha as ja ja ja :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i prefer to say it is because of buzz... :p they were anticipated... by those who "discovered" them thru the alternative social media such as twitter, tumblr and youtube... 1D is not just a band... 1D is a lifestyle... 1D is a way of life... :D:D:D

Nope. Just hype. Buzz is lana del rey/emeli sande. 1D and adele are suffering from major hype. MAJOR :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We might see them rise to the top ten in a couple of hours due to time difference between us and America :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    Nope. Just hype. Buzz is lana del rey/emeli sande. 1D and adele are suffering from major hype. MAJOR :D

how many people are there in the world? and they say everyone has their own preferences? i'll call it a difference in predilection...:D:D

so it happens more people prefer 1D and adele...:p my commiseration ... at the moment, yours is not that common...:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    how many people are there in the world? and they say everyone has their own preferences? i'll call it a difference in predilection...:D:D

so it happens more people prefer 1D and adele...:p my commiseration ... at the moment, yours is not that common...:(

Im not fussed, I got 21 when it came out. I think these itunes figures are pre orders. So it wont move for about a day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Im not fussed, I got 21 when it came out. I think these itunes figures are pre orders. So it wont move for about a day.

There not, WMYB Was released yesterday in america
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Who is this hype person. They must be very rich, spending so much money keeping Adele and 1D up there.:D:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Up All Night is at #65 on the iTunes Charts Albums :D