No more support from Humax.

2»

Comments

• Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    MikeWill34 wrote: »

What evidence do you have on this?

Im pretty sure I've read it somewhere a long time ago.
    Also the fact that the 9200T was never designed to do what it ended up being able to do when Freeview Playback came along.
    And the only reason the 9200T ended up being able to store the EPG to the HHD was because it was being pushed to its limits and it couldn't cope with loading up a full weeks EPG data everytime you took it out of standby.
    Saying that though, in 7 years I never really had any major problems with it.
  • Options
    Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    No. It is an STB of around the 9200T era. Last firmware left it losing EPG info after a few hours.

More the 8000 era actually. I remember the reviews for the 8000 saying it was more or less an F2-FOX T with a hard disk bolted on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    I don't think they have said there will be no more fixes released. Only a couple of weeks ago Barry over on MyHumax.org was looking for testers for a new software version for the 9150/9300 to fix at least one of the known issues.

This is great if we get the fixes. :D Thanks Martin.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Im pretty sure I've read it somewhere a long time ago.
    Also the fact that the 9200T was never designed to do what it ended up being able to do when Freeview Playback came along.
    And the only reason the 9200T ended up being able to store the EPG to the HHD was because it was being pushed to its limits and it couldn't cope with loading up a full weeks EPG data everytime you took it out of standby.
    Saying that though, in 7 years I never really had any major problems with it.
    Bought mine in June 2008 so not quite 5 years old. I have not major problems either, just this annoying problem with missed recordings and schedules vanishing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi All,

I asked Humax if they would consider releasing the software as open source and this is the reply I got.

At least it's not no (yet).
    To: Mike Williams
    Sent: Monday, 22 April 2013, 11:14
    Subject: RE:: [Humax Ref :HX103196] Humax Alert: Happy Easter and Software updates

HI,

Unfortunately I cannot say at this time that the source code will be made available for open source, but I can pass your request on to the relevant department

Thank you for contacting Humax Support.

Best Regards,

Raymond

Humax Customer Support

17/04/2013 11:30 - Mike Williams wrote:
    Hi Raymond,

As Humax are no longer supporting these models, would you please consider releasing the source code as open source.

Regards
    Mike Williams
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    infinidim wrote: »
    I think this is not a good situation. :mad: The 9300 which I have still has a number of firmware bugs in it and they don't even announce formally that they are not giving us fixes.:(

I think this will be the last time I even buy a Humax product. :cool:

I have to agree. Mine has worked, but not flawlessly over the few years. There are now plenty of other alternatives around from established makers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi All,

I asked Humax if they would consider releasing the software as open source and this is the reply I got.

At least it's not no (yet).

Have we got any more news on this yet?

Infinidim :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    infinidim wrote: »
    Have we got any more news on this yet?
    I suspect that we would need to start by getting as many people as possible to request via email to cs@humaxonline.co.uk that the software is released as open source.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I suspect that we would need to start by getting as many people as possible to request via email to cs@humaxonline.co.uk that the software is released as open source.

Sent my mail to them, lets try and get the code available.

Infinidim :cool:
  • Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might it be prudent to get some developers lined up before starting to campaign seriously?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Might it be prudent to get some developers lined up before starting to campaign seriously?
    I agree, but in order to do this we need to know what language it is written in and what hardware resources would be required.