Battlefield 4

Comments

• claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    That's been there since 2.0 I'm sure, connect to internet defaulted back to no with that update for me too.

My classes had been reset when I loaded it up & I opened a battle pack it asked my to flip cards :confused: I just flipped them all to get my stuff. The background on the main menu has changed to snowy too.

I figured it was 2.0, I just thought given it was one thing a lot of people were asking for, they'd at least have mentioned it in the patch notes.
    gillyallan wrote: »
    No bf for me till December sigh

I take it you just mean no Final Stand? Or are you taking a complete break?
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No final stand
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Hopefully once Final Stand is available to all, there'll be some servers set up that have all the maps on shuffle/rotation
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just went to launch BF4 and got told there is a 3GB patch. I guess the patch launched last night after my Xbox had done the nightly update check
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just went to launch BF4 and got told there is a 3GB patch. I guess the patch launched last night after my Xbox had done the nightly update check

With this and the final stand download it was about 9 gig, I've never loved my fibre connection more. I think their servers were busy though as it still took a longer than usual.

Only got to play three of the four new maps in CQ mode last night, but they seem well sized and well designed. Quite a lot of focus on vehicle based warfare.

Snowmobiles are great fun - not great for the squad score though as I did spend a bit too long trying stunts. Was a gunner in the hovertank, so it didn't feel any different to a conventional tank. Has anyone driven the tank yet?

Had a laugh trying to get a chopper into the mountainside hangar entrance, think I'll leave that to the more experienced pilots in future...

The weather conditions work well, I liked the sandstorms in the older maps, adds another dimension to the gameplay.
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing there's not going to be any more content for Premium members after this month? The last item on the calendar is a good battle pack on 29/11 then it goes back to December 2013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was rumour of another pack but this was only due to a dog tag that appeared called uprising. Folk then thought it would be old maps brought forward and possibly free as a thank you for support for the games early troubles, but sounds a bit clutching at straws to me.

How are the new maps ? Seems to be getting mixed reviews.
    Forum Member
    I'm liking the new maps. I'd probably say it's my favourite of the DLC behind Second Assault. Whiteout is one of my favourite maps in the game. I don't know what it is but I really like the snowy maps in shooters. Array in Blops was my favourite out all of them.
  • Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I really like the new maps too. They're big but there's still plenty of action as you can get around quickly with all the vehicles and launch pad thingies (I've no idea what they're called :p). I usually do pretty badly on them though. I guess I need to play them a lot more.
  • iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Is anyone finding the lag on this horrible? The hit detection has just went down the pan.

When I played this a while back, when Dragons Teeth was initially released, it was great. But now.... :/
  • Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, was fine when I played last night.
    Forum Member
    Played earlier this morning and didn't have any lag or hit detection problems. Haven't really had any problems in that sense at all with the game
  • boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Fine here too (occasional BF jankiness aside.)
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,666
    Forum Member
    Servers down ?

EDIT: Just had a look on Twitter. Seems EA has been targetted by hackers.
  • iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Scratch the above, on 2nd check. My server region was unchecked, once I selected Europe and joined a game, was a lot better. So the times I was experiencing lag was probably on US servers or something, possibly.
  • Martin BlankMartin Blank Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving the new maps.

The underground base with the rockets that keep firing. It's like chain reaction from the PS2 Socom days ON STEROIDS.

It's a war game full of win. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know old thread and there's another somewhere but ds search is bollocking unfortunately.
    Anyway I'm itching for the free night maps. Ps4 and 3 we need to wait til 8th sept, the rest getting on 1st. Amazing game and still going strong.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know old thread and there's another somewhere but ds search is bollocking unfortunately.
    Anyway I'm itching for the free night maps. Ps4 and 3 we need to wait til 8th sept, the rest getting on 1st. Amazing game and still going strong.

There are new maps coming? That's awesome. I only just got this in the recent sale and am loving it, so much better than Call of Duty imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are 3 night versions of existing maps. Zavod, golmud and I think shanghai. But it'll really mix up the game play.
    We are also due fairly soon to get a free community jungle based map.

https://youtu.be/VERIy7MzHdg

Remember this is a cinematic trailer but gives u an idea.

Hopefully the moon is fixed.

https://youtu.be/gD9NNGu_0-o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any xb one players tried the night map? Opinion?
  • ClanroydenClanroyden Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying the night maps on Xbox One. Everyone and his dog is using the two night scopes. The rush map seems darker to me than the conquest map, but that could be down to light in my room when I played them. Best tactic for me was to stay in the dark and make full use of spotter balls and tugs.

Overall the maps look great and sound great with crickets and night sounds abounding. Quite creepy with mist lying in places and very atmospheric. You can shoot out a lot of the lights, not all of them, for even more dark if you feel like being extra creepy.

Have they given any reason why you guys haven't got it on PS4 yet? The US PS4 owners have it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure why it is. Bit annoying though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving the night map. Makes the map very different to play
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving the night map. Makes the map very different to play

I made the mistake of trying to play this last night without reconfiguring my weapons with IRNV or flashlights- felt like a total noob, running around everywhere without a clue as to where I was going.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol. Yeah irnv is better than just the green night vision. Torch is also handy but bit of a giveaway.

It's been said folk are cheating though. Playing map with game setting brightness and tv brightness and contrast up to make it practically day time.

Hate these spoil sports. They can go play normal zavod if they want daytime.