Options

REVEALED! The song choices for Disco Week

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    valezio wrote: »
    Not a great selection of songs. Tamera is clearly the producers fave - why else would she be singing Wishing on a star? A great song which she'll do we'll with but a million miles from Disco! I like Kingsland Rd's song, think they'll excel with this, looking forward to it. Interested to see how Abi does & hoping Nicholas & Luke do ok with their sings. Good luck to them all but mostly Kingsland Rd :)

Tamera's going to be amazing with the song! It suits her so well!

How is not disco though? Disco music is all about the steady repetitive beat with soulful vocals. I didn't think there was a rule that it has to be upbeat, fast?
  • Options
    James_MonnellyJames_Monnelly Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I note people are commenting on the themes, and whilst I agree having 80s. disco, BB and Movies close together is odd at least the themes are better defined. Before we had "No 1s" week, "US vs UK", , "Legends", etc . -far too broad a classification
  • Options
    InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    Abi Alton – I Will Survive

Hannah Barrett – Somebody Else’s Guy

Kingsland Road – Blame It On The Boogie

Luke Friend – Play That Funky Music

Nicholas McDonald – Rock With You

Rough Copy – September

Sam Bailey – No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)

Sam Callahan – Relight My Fire

Tamera Foster – Wishing Your Star

Interesting week, some good and meh songs in there.

Kingsland Road will cheese the hell out of it and can see Sam C Struggling with quite a corny song. Tamera should impress with hers.

In regards to elimination as many have said Abi is the one they are targeting. I really don't think that song choice will help her.
    I think Kingsland Road will struggle but will they allow Gary to lose an act twice in a row?
    Sam C looks likely to be near the bottom but I think they want him to stay for longer as they called him out "last" last week; usually meaning it encourages the acts support to be motivated the next week to vote more.
    Who else does that leave? Tamera, Nick, Sam (as only over), no, Hannah, no - with a good song choice and a bounce from last week.
    Rough Copy are interesting. They, for me, have disappointed since the auditions and have basically admitted it themselves in post-comments. I think they are now seen as disposable by the producers , also highlighted as they are always called "through" early, making their voters seem comfortable
    Luke has gained in popularity due to improved performances but is due a week where he performs "early" which is usually a compromising position. Does he really have a core voting base or people just warm to his singing?

I think we will most likely see a Kingsland Road vs Abi bottom 2, though wouldn't be surprised with Sam C vs Abi, Sam C vs Kingsland Road
    Outside bet of RC, Luke vs KR or Abi

Its time for a boy or girl to go though, they can't have two judges with one act remaining and the other two with three remaining (can they?)
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    InTheLoop wrote: »
    Its time for a boy or girl to go though, they can't have two judges with one act remaining and the other two with three remaining (can they?)

In this year's X Factor Australia Dannii lost two of her three acts by week three and Red Foo lost two of his three acts by week five while Ronan had all three of his acts left so it's not impossible.
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    InTheLoop wrote: »
    Interesting week, some good and meh songs in there.

Kingsland Road will cheese the hell out of it and can see Sam C Struggling with quite a corny song. Tamera should impress with hers.

In regards to elimination as many have said Abi is the one they are targeting. I really don't think that song choice will help her.
    I think Kingsland Road will struggle but will they allow Gary to lose an act twice in a row?
    Sam C looks likely to be near the bottom but I think they want him to stay for longer as they called him out "last" last week; usually meaning it encourages the acts support to be motivated the next week to vote more.
    Who else does that leave? Tamera, Nick, Sam (as only over), no, Hannah, no - with a good song choice and a bounce from last week.
    Rough Copy are interesting. They, for me, have disappointed since the auditions and have basically admitted it themselves in post-comments. I think they are now seen as disposable by the producers , also highlighted as they are always called "through" early, making their voters seem comfortable
    Luke has gained in popularity due to improved performances but is due a week where he performs "early" which is usually a compromising position. Does he really have a core voting base or people just warm to his singing?

I think we will most likely see a Kingsland Road vs Abi bottom 2, though wouldn't be surprised with Sam C vs Abi, Sam C vs Kingsland Road
    Outside bet of RC, Luke vs KR or Abi

Very interesting analysis. :) I always find these topics interesting. But before I comment on anything else it is possible for acts to be lost one after the other from the same category - it happened to Dannii's Girls in 2009, it happened to Dannii's Boys in 2010, it happened to just about everyone bar Cheryl in 2008 (and Simon and Louis both had 1 act remaining after Week 4).

Tamera will not hit the bottom 2 yet with another great song choice. Nick and Sam B have no chance of hitting bottom yet. Hannah will have the bounce back and hopefully a later slot this week. No chance for 4/9 of them then.

So we have 5 acts left. Abi's got a bad song. And seeing as how much people prefer the original arrangements of absolute classics (such as Skyfall - Hannah). I can't see a slowed down version being successful at all. Abi's bottom for me unless she impresses the judges. :cry:

KR landing in the bottom 2 in Week 2 proves that they have a very small fan pool and not as big a one as everyone makes them out to have. Their rebound vote will now wane. Their vocals are all too clearly muffled by the background singers/backing track. Unlike last week which was ballad after ballad and they could stand out, it's very clear that their performance this week will be masked by the other upbeat songs.

Sam C as you said has been doing badly. I can see him being in the bottom 2. But remember Frankie who never hit bottom after being bottom 2 2nd Week. I can see Sam C surviving quite easily therefore. He's being portrayed as a hard-working cheeky chap at the moment and I think that's going to win over the female vote over Kingsland. And also his performances aren't THAT bad as the judges (esp Gary) make it out to be. I think the judges aren't giving him credit where it is due and therefore he's sort of like the Maloney underdog who's going to stick around for a bit longer.

Rough Copy preformed first last week but didn't end up bottom. That reaffirms the notion that they are Gary's alpha group. They will not end up in the bottom this week I don't think if they survived from that + a Bryan Adams song last week. This week they will have a later slot + a better song choice, there's no way I think they'll end up in that position. Luke is due an early slot but I think his performance last week with that great song choice has built him up a bit of a fanbase especially with the younger demographics to survive an early slot. Hannah only had one late slot to build her fanbase up, Luke's had 3 - I think people have started warming to him enough.
  • Options
    jassy55jassy55 Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    p_c_u_k wrote: »
    I can see a logic to it. Michael Jackson was quite young when he released it, so it might remind the viewers of the Jackson in younger years.

Will it win over his usual audience though? Possibly not. Does it allow him to show a bit of much needed diversity. Yes.

is that not a Justin timberlake song
  • Options
    p_c_u_kp_c_u_k Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member
    jassy55 wrote: »
    is that not a Justin timberlake song

That's Rock Your Body. Easy mistake to make.

Mind you, if you're chasing a younger audience, isn't that the sort of song that should be on? Or have the producers just given up with anyone under 25?
  • Options
    p_c_u_kp_c_u_k Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member
    So we have 5 acts left. Abi's got a bad song. And seeing as how much people prefer the original arrangements of absolute classics (such as Skyfall - Hannah). I can't see a slowed down version being successful at all. Abi's bottom for me unless she impresses the judges. :cry:

Strangely, I can see Abi hitting bottom two unless she's slated by the judges. I suspect there was a large sympathy vote for her when Sharon went all-out attack last week.

If she does terribly and the judges damn her with faint praise ("that was an improvement on last week, still a bit of work to do") then she's more likely to be out than if she's sent to tears again.

Thing is, Abi should be out this week. The show is just not working for her. The song choice is the least subtle since Wagner's Creep. But we don't know quite how many votes she's got as she's not been in the bottom two yet. She could be riding high for all we know.

The other problem in terms of guessing this is that if you like Abi it's hard to see who else you would like in The X Factor. Whatever else you say about her she's certainly different from everyone else out there. I suspect she brings in a very different audience. There's not a natural candidate to split the vote, whereas in boy band land there's Kingsland v Rough Copy.

I think the producers want her out and if she ends up in the bottom two she'll be out. But I don't think they're sure they can do the job in one week.

I would not be in any way surprised to see Kingsland Road in the bottom two, especially with their song choice. Rough Copy don't seem to be setting the heather on fire either.

Tamera seems the chosen one, and this makes sense as she has a good voice and the nearest thing to The X Factor that any of the contestants has (decent looking, good voice, has some degree of stage presence). But I'm struggling to see the target audience of 25-45 women accepting her. Nicholas and Sam Bailey are both great singers but would just make the show seem even less relevant to younger audiences.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    For the Disco fans - which other tracks would you have liked to have seen included?
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stig25 wrote: »
    For the Disco fans - which other tracks would you have liked to have seen included?

Donna Summer's I Feel Love :D
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot wait to hear Rough Copy's version of September, which is one of my favourite tunes ever!
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    who sing september & wishing your star?

September by Earth Wind and Fire
    Wishing on a Star by Rose Royce
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    Omg Luke ..Though he could do Adam Lamberts version on AI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTv_g2SebWY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I was thinking that myself, AL's version was class!