female moaning

Bang Bang BoomBang Bang Boom Posts: 950
Forum Member
✭✭
hi, i've got a black lab who had pups in june..

now, she hasnt been done but we do have a male, who hasnt manged to get to her yet as we keep her in a cage when out.. but she keeps humping him.

why do females do that?

my quetion is, she is moaning a lot. she will be led there then randomly moan.. or when shes being fussed, she will moan..

is that normal? i dont think it is

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    Sounds like she`s in season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hi, i've got a black lab who had pups in june..

now, she hasnt been done but we do have a male, who hasnt manged to get to her yet as we keep her in a cage when out.. but she keeps humping him.

why do females do that?

my quetion is, she is moaning a lot. she will be led there then randomly moan.. or when shes being fussed, she will moan..

is that normal? i dont think it is

An alpha female will hump the back end of a male dog to tell all other dogs in the area that she has the right to mate and not them as in the wild only the alpha pair are allowed to mate.

If she humps the head of a male dog she is saying....im ready mate with me now....

When lower ranked females in the wild come into season the alpha female will not let them rest, this naturally terminates the season very quickly.

You can use this knowledge when your lab comes into season, when she rests put lead on and take for a quick walk, even around the garden will do, do this 5 to 10 times a day and it will dramatically shorten the season....you have to be viewed as a true alpha by your lab for it to work....