Is IOS alarm now reliable?

Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,326
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Since the IOS 5 alarm problem I haven't used it after it failed me once, but I've tried it since IOS 6 and it seems to work now but my question is does anyone else use their iphone on IOS 6 as their daily alarm? Is it reliable now?

I get bored of using my old Nokia as my alarm lol

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In general, yes.

There was a separate bug at the beginning of 2013 that lasted for about a week, as I recall, where the Do Not Disturb setting didn't deactivate as scheduled. That said, the alarm still works during DND periods. And it isn't present anymore.

The problem with alarm bugs is that you don't know when they're going to strike. If they do, you've then overslept.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with alarm bugs is that you don't know when they're going to strike. If they do, you've then overslept.

Aye, that is the problem. They may work until the next leap year or friday the 13th, or decae or century. But you dont know till its be tried for real, and then its too late.
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok thanks, looks like ill have to stick with the old Nokia just incase. Can't be late for work just because of an alarm
  • acoolwelshblokeacoolwelshbloke Posts: 3,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have used my iPhone as my alarm clock for the past year and it has never failed me.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as its a standard day (no clocks changing or leap day) then it will be fine. Even then I don't recall hearing of a problem in 2012 about the alarm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keep an eye on this weekend! I'll report back any problems.

EDIT: Just realised it's next weekend, not this weekend.
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keep an eye on this weekend! I'll report back any problems.

EDIT: Just realised it's next weekend, not this weekend.

Well as the US' clocks changed 2 weekends ago and I was there and all worked OK (including automatic updating via the network), I'd say you'll be fine this time round.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it a bug? I thought Apple just gave all stressed-out people a few hours of sleep :p
  • dephanix02dephanix02 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    If you're only using the alarm for waking up spend 69p and get this app
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/sleep-cycle-alarm-clock/id320606217?mt=8 changed the way I get up in the mornings & isn't affected by apple's alarm app bugs.
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never had any problems with my iPhone alarm and I have had the iPhone 4 then iPhone 5.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never had any problems with my iPhone alarm and I have had the iPhone 4 then iPhone 5.

So what? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what? :confused:

So it is reliable
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it is reliable

Except when there are bugs which there have been a few times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Except when there are bugs which there have been a few times.

I've never encountered any bugs yet though, I must be lucky :)
  • One UnitedOne United Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember the alarm bug on the iPhone. It caused me some bother as I woke up an hour later. Luckily I was doing the early shift at my work place at the time so it didn't matter too much if I was a little bit late. Once the bug was fixed, I continued to use the alarm on my iPhone and have done ever since. Hopefully it'll never make a return, but you never know! You can't always trust technology, sometimes it's just safer using a standard alarm clock.
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Standard alarm clock? whats one of them? do people still use them? lol

Seriously i couldnt as we dont have enough space to have bedside tables, and theres no plug socket near the bed for a clock, i wouldnt even entertain a battery alarm clock, thats just asking to be late for work!