Simpsons tapped out

Comments

• EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God I hate this event already - and we've got it until mid-May? :confused:

At least we get Friend Points for every interaction. :)
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got very little in the way of tangible prizes too. I did get a Easter pond and a Kang topiary after getting enough gold eggs (5x100 of course1!) but to be honest, they are not really something I had any interest in! Where I'm going to put the Kang tree is really beyond me!

All I want is to get Shari Bobbins and one or two of the buildings! :(
  • emjemj Posts: 6,737
    Forum Member
    Being a bit thick here, but do blue baskets mean you swap YOUR blue eggs or others give their blue eggs to you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm level 39 on this but lacking in the friends department!

anjoh88 if anyone cares to add. Quite enjoying this event. I will get Shary Bobbins eventually! :)
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    emj wrote: »
    Being a bit thick here, but do blue baskets mean you swap YOUR blue eggs or others give their blue eggs to you?

they allow your friends to put eggs in, the same colour as the basket, they get less of the other colour back and you get a commission.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woohoo, finally got something good. Johnny Fiesta's from the blue box! I don't actually know what Johnny Fiesta's is, but yay it's an actual prize! :D
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Blofeld wrote: »
    This Easter update seems a bit sloppy to be honest. They have made it so complex that it's just passing me by. I'm zapping rabbits but whenever a speech bubble for a character comes up I'm just ignoring it as I'm not really interested. The prizes seem almost out of reach as they require so many eggs, so many visits etc. My first blue egg prize was 100 golden eggs, essentially nothing as I would rather have had something tangible. Now I get the impression I will get nothing but golden eggs and in the end I'll win some awful topiary from the golden egg box. The basket thing is totally confusing to me and seems a total waste of time.
    Sloppy is an understatement, it's causing a crash more often than not when I use the zapper, and sometimes just randomly. Wasn't doing that before the update.>:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • emjemj Posts: 6,737
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    they allow your friends to put eggs in, the same colour as the basket, they get less of the other colour back and you get a commission.

Ah brilliant, thanks :)
  • BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    I accumulated about 700 blue eggs which then turned in to another 300 gold eggs for me which gave me Banana Dictatorship! Finally something good!

This update has somehow made it so I get notifications about the game on my phone. I don't like that. I have turned off notifications in the game settings, but they still appear every time someone visits my town. It's very irritating and seemingly mandatory now. >:(
  • PuckyPucky Posts: 4,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I accumulated about 700 blue eggs which then turned in to another 300 gold eggs for me which gave me Banana Dictatorship! Finally something good!
    I recently got Gold eggs from my pink & blue boxes and also have the Banana Dictatorship.
    This update has somehow made it so I get notifications about the game on my phone. I don't like that. I have turned off notifications in the game settings, but they still appear every time someone visits my town. It's very irritating and seemingly mandatory now. >:(
    Yeah the "XXXX has visited your Springfield" notifications are really annoying!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah! It's even more annoying (and terrifying) when you get a visitor at 3am! At that hour, I really really couldn't care less if Homer needs to put on pants, I just want my sleep!
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who is friends with jcr6311 should turn the volume off at night, cos 4am is usually when I visit. :o
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've have notIfications turned off and never get bothered.

I got some decent items from boxes, got the banana dictatorship, a couple other buildings and a couple characters. Don't even mind getting fences if we get rewarded with donuts. Knowing the game though will probably not reach 50 by the time the event is over :D
    Forum Member
    the added to the options menu on the android version the option to turn off notifications maybe 9 months ago.

i already had them turned off in android too.
  • KimblyarnaKimblyarna Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Have just added a few people who've recently posted - my username is kimblyarna if anyone wants to add me!

I'm enjoying the update but like others am getting a bit frustrated at how long it takes to get eggs... also the Easter fences, I am sure it will take me the best part of the whole event to place 50!

I've done a few 'basket swaps' in others' towns, but a bit confused about my own. Once they're placed, you can't get rid of them?! A bit annoying if you're 'saving' a particular colour and want to make sure nobody comes and swaps out on that colour? I'm not sure if anybody has done basket swaps in my town, but some of them now have eggs in, although aren't clickable - so not sure if it just automatically updates your totals rather than telling you what's been swapped...
  • tomvoxxtomvoxx Posts: 2,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kimblyarna wrote: »
    Have just added a few people who've recently posted - my username is kimblyarna if anyone wants to add me!

I'm enjoying the update but like others am getting a bit frustrated at how long it takes to get eggs... also the Easter fences, I am sure it will take me the best part of the whole event to place 50!

I've done a few 'basket swaps' in others' towns, but a bit confused about my own. Once they're placed, you can't get rid of them?! A bit annoying if you're 'saving' a particular colour and want to make sure nobody comes and swaps out on that colour? I'm not sure if anybody has done basket swaps in my town, but some of them now have eggs in, although aren't clickable - so not sure if it just automatically updates your totals rather than telling you what's been swapped...

The baskets in your town will show eggs when someone leaves 100 eggs of that colour in it. The basket becomes clickable when it is full (400 eggs). I've got all that I want from the Pink & Blue boxes so hoping for lots of Golden eggs as I still need Father Sean & Sheri Bobbins.
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I've had is rubbish - nine fences, a really rubbish Easter egg pile and 300 golden eggs :(
  • BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    the added to the options menu on the android version the option to turn off notifications maybe 9 months ago.

i already had them turned off in android too.

I have always had them turned off. They are turned off right now but I Still get bothered! Only since this Easter update though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got the Egg guy and Banana Dictatorship within an hour of each other tonight! Really not sure why they suddenly decided to be nice to me, but with those and the Johnny Fiestas I got a few days ago, I'm pretty happy with my Easter haul now.

Would like the Blocko building and Shari, but I guess I can't complain. It seems a lot of people elsewhere are really pissed at how little they are getting from this update. :(
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    Got the Egg guy and Banana Dictatorship within an hour of each other tonight! Really not sure why they suddenly decided to be nice to me, but with those and the Johnny Fiestas I got a few days ago, I'm pretty happy with my Easter haul now.

Would like the Blocko building and Shari, but I guess I can't complain. It seems a lot of people elsewhere are really pissed at how little they are getting from this update. :(

It's 81 spins on the gold box before you're guaranteed to get everything; can see why people are annoyed with it, if you're averaging 1 or 2 gold box spins a day for the month it's likely you'd have to buy donuts to get all 3 of Hugs/Sean/Shari.
    Forum Member
    I have always had them turned off. They are turned off right now but I Still get bothered! Only since this Easter update though.

from jelly bean upwards if you long press a notification, or go in to settings - apps - the specific app. you have the option to not allow it to show notifications.
  • NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I've had is rubbish - nine fences, a really rubbish Easter egg pile and 300 golden eggs :(

Ditto, mine has been crap.

Anyone can add me, I do visit daily. doh454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    It's 81 spins on the gold box before you're guaranteed to get everything; can see why people are annoyed with it, if you're averaging 1 or 2 gold box spins a day for the month it's likely you'd have to buy donuts to get all 3 of Hugs/Sean/Shari.

Seriously?! :o The event has been going for over a week now and I've only had 2 spins on the Gold Box! (Kang tree and Banana Dictatorship)

81 gold spins is a massive rip off. Nobody is possibly going to get that many. Even if they buy spins it'd cost a small fortune!