Options

Florence and the Machine

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Saw her last night at the Brixton Academy. Wow; she absolutely blew me away. I knew she'd be good, but not as amazing as she was! The whole production; lights, strings, choir etc was stunning, and she sounded fantastic. I would highly recommend people to go see her. She puts so much energy into her performance.

She also performed Halo, as a Christmas treat, she said. :D I know she got a lot of stick for that cover, but it was stunning las night.
  • Options
    AliU2maniacAliU2maniac Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me she sounds too much like Fiona Apple.Now she has a great voice.

Fiona Apple's "Criminal" is a fantastic song.

http://www.filestube.com/9d07dfdb2c91f85e03e9/details.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkle_18 wrote: »
    Saw her last night at the Brixton Academy. Wow; she absolutely blew me away. I knew she'd be good, but not as amazing as she was! The whole production; lights, strings, choir etc was stunning, and she sounded fantastic. I would highly recommend people to go see her. She puts so much energy into her performance.

She also performed Halo, as a Christmas treat, she said. :D I know she got a lot of stick for that cover, but it was stunning las night.

I was there last night, she blew me away! You've Got The Love was a special moment, one of the best live performances i've seen this year. I'll definately see her live again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AdzBrown wrote: »
    I was there last night, she blew me away! You've Got The Love was a special moment, one of the best live performances i've seen this year. I'll definately see her live again.

Yes, You've Got The Love was superb. I thought Cosmic Love was magical. Drumming Song, Blinding and Between Two Lungs were my highlights Id say, although the whole thing was wonderful.
  • Options
    Mrs TittlemouseMrs Tittlemouse Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Yes, we met up after the gig and I went down on her
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love 'I'm not calling you a liar' and surprised no ones mentioned that track
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    i love 'I'm not calling you a liar' and surprised no ones mentioned that track

It's a beautiful track. I love all of Flo's stuff really; Bird Song is a favourite of mine that's not on Lungs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mega bump :D

Just heard Flo's song for the Twilight franchise. Not a fan of the films, but that doesn't matter, when the song is as good as this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWIKfe_bQ58
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sparkle_18 wrote: »
    Bird Song is a favourite of mine that's not on Lungs.

I adore Bird Song! You're one of the very few people I know who like that song!

In fact, the four songs on the deluxe version are probably my four favourites (Falling, Hardest of Hearts, Bird Song & Swimming).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lungs is awesome, I want to see what she brings on the next album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    I think she's awesome. I saw her at Hammersmith with The Drums last month and she was just incredible. She didn't need a microphone :P
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only discovered Florence recently but I've completely fallen in love with her. She has something about her that is very Kate Bush. I love the creativity in her songs. I couldn't pick just a few favourite songs because it's the way the album as a whole speaks to me which I really like.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to a singles list I saw, im in a library at the moment so cant dig it up... But it said her Twilight song is due to be released in November (I think) Is this true? Will it be on the new album?
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Unless they are re-releasing her album with it on

But why release it now. Why not when Eclipse came out back in June/July
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    I think they might re-release Lungs with the Eclipse track in the US.

She's got a performance at the VMA's so it would be a good opportunity to try and crack the US.

I hope they don't perform 'Heavy' though. It doesn't show what Florence + the Machine can do and wouldn't sell them as well as the others would.

Personally I'd like to see Cosmic Love. It's so different from whats in the charts, but the ballad-y nature might appeal to the US market...whereas the more indie/rock/pop stuff would go over their heads.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Florence's music doesn't appeal full stop to the US. The americans haven't got her. Hence why she has flopped. They have only recognised her by her music video but that's nothing

But if she is performing, that may help
  • Options
    RecurringRecurring Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    musicdude wrote: »
    Florence's music doesn't appeal full stop to the US. The americans haven't got her. Hence why she has flopped. They have only recognised her by her music video but that's nothing

But if she is performing, that may help

She hasn't exactly "flopped" in the US; they've made no real attempt to crack America so far, albeit exposure from the VMAs could set things in motion. She's got some American dates lined up in October/November and I'd imagine she'll be making promo appearances whilst there.

She is performing Dog Days though which is probably her most viable option as a next single in the US.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't find it anywhere she is releasing Heavy as a single. She isn't re-releasing her album. She is going into the recording studio next month to do album 2. It might be a US only single or whatever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here: http://www.radio1.gr/music/forthcoming_uk_singles.htm

Florence & The Machine - Heavy In Your Arms [15th Nov]

Thats a pretty reliable source, I always use it for upcoming singles.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    watch for about a minute and then it just explodes! Amazing for a kid..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycwz2J3YdAo
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone got the a link to Florence's GMA performance?