Madonna performing at the BRITs, will you be watching?

124»

Comments

• mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,288
    Forum Member
    TBH jokes aside Madonna is legendry and getting old. Fair play to her carrying on her performance after, though you could see she was stiff and some what slower.
  • AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,043
    Forum Member
    Too late :blush:
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unique wrote: »
    i wasn't planning on watching but the madonna performance was so good it made the news

here's the highlight of the show

https://vine.co/v/O2KuWQLexPM
    http://bookshelvesofdoom.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/05/nelson_muntz.jpg ;-)
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooops. Anyone know exactly what happened?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Ooops. Anyone know exactly what happened?
    She fell over :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't seen it yet but I can't believe someome falling over has already lead to dozens of videos of it on Youtube and people going crazy on Twitter.

I know I'm a fan so I'm baised, but I'm finding the amount of hate thrown at one woman concerning. It's got to a level where it's making me very uncomfortable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweetums wrote: »
    I haven't seen it yet but I can't believe someome falling over has already lead to dozens of videos of it on Youtube and people going crazy on Twitter.

I know I'm a fan so I'm baised, but I'm finding the amount of hate thrown at one woman concerning. It's got to a level where it's making me very uncomfortable.
    It's just the internet.
    Water off a ducks back is how you should view it.
    She won't be hung up on it for any length of time I'm sure.
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just the internet.
    Water off a ducks back is how you should view it.
    She won't be hung up on it for any length of time I'm sure.

I see what you did there.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She didn't fall, she was pulled backwards. Like an owner pulling a dog back by its lead too hard.
  • Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't stop laughing!!!!
  • Diamond HeadDiamond Head Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's one of the finest lingerie wearers I've ever seen. Plus she should be knighted for her services to fishnet tights.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just the internet.
    Water off a ducks back is how you should view it.[She won't be hung up on it for any length of time I'm sure.

Very good. :cool:

In seriousness, she's got a much thicker skin than I do so I doubt a few saddos online will bother her all that much.

I'm mainly just not sure why people potentionally hurting themselves is supposed to be hysterical, but hey ho.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet a few heads rolled after that. :p
  • Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet ITV are pleased she takes the focus off Kanye and that performance! they were probably shitting themselves over the N word getting through the mute so many times lol
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't very keen on the song Madonna sang last night. It's not one of her best songs. ITV must have paid a flaming fortune to have her on. She's pretty massive.
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I wasn't very keen on the song Madonna sang last night. It's not one of her best songs. ITV must have paid a flaming fortune to have her on. She's pretty massive.

Did you actually notice the song though? After she fell I doubt hardly anyone could know what she was singing! And, of course, her performance was affected because she was initially clearly shaken up.
  • starkitten1982starkitten1982 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    What happened at the Brit Awards was her own fault, I doubt that she will take any responsibility for it though. The dancers obviously had been told to pull the cloak away on cue and they couldn't see her when they pulled it, she missed the cue because she couldn't untie it quick enough and they dragged her down the stairs. They must have rehearsed this several times and unfortunately when it came to the live performance she was too slow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Did you actually notice the song though? After she fell I doubt hardly anyone could know what she was singing! And, of course, her performance was affected because she was initially clearly shaken up.

I didn't watch all of the performance because I was at the computer. I just saw about a minute of the start of her performance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened at the Brit Awards was her own fault, I doubt that she will take any responsibility for it though. The dancers obviously had been told to pull the cloak away on cue and they couldn't see her when they pulled it, she missed the cue because she couldn't untie it quick enough and they dragged her down the stairs. They must have rehearsed this several times and unfortunately when it came to the live performance she was too slow.

After seeing it just now, that must have been humiliating for her. I was cringing watching it. It's like she didn't put her arms far enough backwards for the cloak to slide off her. If it was a case of her cloak not being untied, why on earth didn't she untie it quicker? It's like she was faffing around instead of getting it untied. Surely all it took was to pull one length of the cord like in the way your shoe laces at the top are tied?
  • Rubbish NameRubbish Name Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy2YhxXn7NY
    Sorry, couldn't help myself
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Great post.

The baffling thing is that Madonna incites a lot of resentment from people for reasons that are hard to understand. Firstly, if someone doesn't like her, ignore her! concentrate on someone you do do like.

Secondly, if people don't like her music, well don't buy it then! She won't mind or care.

Thirdly, if anyone has issues about what she does based on how old she is, that says far more about their "isms" than it does about Madonna.

Fourthly, Madonna has one of the biggest and most vocal fan bases in the world. Her fans will and do speak out when she releases a bad record. And MDNA and Hard Candy, by Madonna's standards, were weak records. They are still great albums when compared to many of todays contemporary artists' efforts, but we all know Madonna can do better. That doesn't make her a has been. It just means she no longer has anything to prove.

I liked your comment that suggested "how dare she get to be in her 50's". I am nearly 50 and I still like having a damn good time and am in no way ready for early nights, Radio 4 and a post Office account card for my pension to be paid. I want to hear and dance to great feel good music. So, why shouldn't Madonna still be allowed to enjoy herself and make and dance to music she likes best? We're a long time dead and Madonna doesn't yet feel she's ready for sequined long dresses and singing ballads all night. When she feels that's what she wants to do, then and only then, will she do it.

I like all older artists because they're in it for the love and passion of it. They know the business better than todays puppet artists because they came from an era where they could be in control of what they were doing. They created their own products and their own images. They have and they had talent. The legends are dwindling in numbers nowadays and we should cherish them and their performances, not slag them off.

I totally agree!

Power to the older artists and power to the older fans!