Euro 2016 Qualifiers

Comments

• DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    2-1 Belarus against Macedonia more flares being lit why do these flares find their way so easily into grounds in this part of the world.

I assume you can probably buy them outside the ground
  • -Bandit--Bandit- Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    celesti wrote: »
    That's got to be some kind of record.

bill nicholson has the record after 19 seconds...
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmm not sure about Welback as motm.
  • Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Is this group possibly going to do more harm than good for england with effectively now playing friendlies for 15 months.

Might get a better idea of "progress" if any when they play Italy on Tuesday

I think it will, the problem is they are playing these really poor sides and as soon as the tournament starts the are having to play teams of a much higher level so these games aren't good preparation and don't really tell us much. I don't think friendlies are a good guide to anything either to be honest especially when half the team is changed at half time.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmm not sure about Welback as motm.

It's Andy Townsend nominating. Did you expect any better?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    f_196 wrote: »
    It's Andy Townsend nominating. Did you expect any better?

I thought he got sacked anyway? what happened or am I mixing stuff up.
  • -Bandit--Bandit- Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    4-0 it is then... a canter for england.
  • celesticelesti Posts: 26,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he got sacked anyway? what happened or am I mixing stuff up.

He wasn't sacked, but when his contract is up in the summer that's him done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wasn't sacked, but when his contract is up in the summer that's him done.

Ah I see ok thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Three days later the second half of Montenegro and Russia begins
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So tired of this Harry Kane story, can't wait until his fluky purple patch runs out and he drifts back to obscurity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    So tired of this Harry Kane story, can't wait until his fluky purple patch runs out and he drifts back to obscurity.

At least in form young players are being given a chance which is the way it used to be in internationals
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Penalty to Russia didn't look like a penalty the sort of tackle you get penalised for when playing FIFA.

Justice he misses it, although with what happened at the start who knows
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Harry is the Man.

Rooney is playing a lot better for England since he's been captain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Montenegro and Russia suspended again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game finally abandoned then wonder what uefa will do with this one
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He wasn't sacked, .

should have been sacked, when he got to the bottom of the stairs of the plane, when he got back from brazil
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised to see or rather hear him on BT for their Champions League coverage.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From reports we now seem to gave two reliable goal scorers and actual creative players in the team.

That sounds a first for England to the finals look very promising. Hodgson is really going to be forced have to have a Rooney Kane partnership as the the main fulcrum of the team.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't understand why people have an issue with a good, young English player doing exceptionally well.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it's fantastic. In another thread on here I said I thought his emergence was the best story of the season after he'd just stuck 2 past Arsenal. It's getting better and better for him and I stand by what I said, his story is even more out in front now as he's now top of the goalscorers chart and scored at international level. It's been great to see and I'm no Spurs fan, nor am I that bothered about England.
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I don't understand why people have an issue with a good, young English player doing exceptionally well.

He's an overhyped plodding tap in merchant who's being feted like he's the second coming of Puskas, Di Stefano and Pele rolled into one.

I will admit that my view is somewhat affected by the fact that I have SSN on at work all day and have had to listen them breathlessly stoke the Harry Kane hype machine for months reaching a hideous crescendo today when every other word on there was either Harry or Kane. Now that another goalkeeper has managed to inexplicably fumble in a tame effort on goal I dread to think what SSN will be like on Monday.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Game finally abandoned then wonder what uefa will do with this one

just ban ALL away fans from these type of games
    getting pretty sick of this myself
    >:(
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Harry Kane will have as successful a career a fellow goal scoring debutants David Nugent and Francis Jeffers
  • OrchideamOrchideam Posts: 5,486
    Forum Member
    He's an overhyped plodding tap in merchant who's being feted like he's the second coming of Puskas, Di Stefano and Pele rolled into one.

I will admit that my view is somewhat affected by the fact that I have SSN on at work all day and have had to listen them breathlessly stoke the Harry Kane hype machine for months reaching a hideous crescendo today when every other word on there was either Harry or Kane. Now that another goalkeeper has managed to inexplicably fumble in a tame effort on goal I dread to think what SSN will be like on Monday.

Exactly this. The goalkeeper was dire, and let the ball roll from his hands, it was shockingly poor goalkeeping.

Anyhow, it was only Lithuania, are Scotland going to be allowed to praise their team as 'immense' when they batter Gib?