Resident Evil 6

Comments

• biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    CSI-uk wrote: »
    There's a camera setting, I turned it down to Zero, makes for less wobble.

As far resi games go playing as Leon isn't that bad, the other 2 modes (characters) are pretty poor, Chris looked like Chris but the game play didn't feel like resi, shame.

Can somebody explain why the game is split into 3 character modes, are these 3 different campagnes in effect? Or do the stories merge into each other? I'm totally baffled just now.

I honestly don't get what they've tried to do with this game, its a little bit of a mish mash and a mess, if I bought this I think I would only play as Leon then trade up.

Let's hope they get new game designers for resi 7, that's if they dare risk making another installment after this very odd offering. That's being kind.

No definatly dont trade up after leons chapter because it does all merge together

Leon is set in USA
    Chris is in eastern europe somewhere not sure
    Jake is set in Edonia an Eastern European state

then the storys will all merge together in China where I assume all the characters will merge
    I want to see the reunion between sherry and leon since they were in RE2 hope claire gets a mention

Then theres also adas chapter aswell

Im really looking forward to it despite some of the backlash im reading online
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm interesting. I don't know what to make of it in all honesty. Suppose I will buy it at some point, at a cheaper price point as well.
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That IGN article looks awesome...Im off to play the demo and report back later...
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...well ive played all three chapter thingys and I must say that I will not be purchasing it. It's nothing like Resi evil, it's like a darker version of Gears which I personally find over rated as the AI sucks. Sorry but Capcom should have stayed with the creepy horror and the puzzles and keep it at herbs and a cut scene of a door opening.
    Shame as I was quite looking forward to it and enjoyed Resi Evil 5.
    Maybe if it's £15 in Asda I might give it a try and get someone to play online with me then it might be better, but until then ....
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    The shame of it is they were really on to something with that Lost In Nightmares DLC. They could have worked on that style and tone a bit to really make a sequel that was a perfect blend of old and new.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The shame of it is they were really on to something with that Lost In Nightmares DLC. They could have worked on that style and tone a bit to really make a sequel that was a perfect blend of old and new.

Absolutely right. I loved Lost in Nightmares.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not inpressed with the demo. the camera angle is all over the place

its too dark and you cant see much. the sprites look huge
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Played the demo a few times and as much as I would like to enjoy it, I just can't.
    Though Leon's scenario was somewhat decent, the constant tripping over stationary zombies and the camera were extremely annoying elements to the game.
    Whilst with Jake's and Chris' scenario, the most annoying thing was falling over from excessive gunfire every few seconds...

There is not even an animation for picking items up.Now it feels weird as it seems they can telepathically place items in their inventory.
    Regarding the inventory... Don't get me started, it's terrible.

I'll be getting it day 1, but I probably will be selling it when I'm done.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Played the demo a few times and as much as I would like to enjoy it, I just can't.
    Though Leon's scenario was somewhat decent, the constant tripping over stationary zombies and the camera were extremely annoying elements to the game.
    Whilst with Jake's and Chris' scenario, the most annoying thing was falling over from excessive gunfire every few seconds...

There is not even an animation for picking items up.Now it feels weird as it seems they can telepathically place items in their inventory.
    Regarding the inventory... Don't get me started, it's terrible.

I'll be getting it day 1, but I probably will be selling it when I'm done.

Why would you buy a game you clearly don't enjoy, and buying it on day 1 is saying to the Dev's "Great game". The only way ill pick this up is second hand or bargain bucket, that is my way of telling the devs they have got this wrong.
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mach2001 wrote: »
    I am quite looking forward to this one, I thought 5 was a bit of a let down i didn't really like the settings it should me more dark and mysterious and obviously a bit scarey if possible, where are people pre-oredering this from i'm not sure where to get this from yet what with all the offers of DLC maps?.

I hated 5 because at times the girl kept getting in the way.
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you buy a game you clearly don't enjoy, and buying it on day 1 is saying to the Dev's "Great game". The only way ill pick this up is second hand or bargain bucket, that is my way of telling the devs they have got this wrong.

It will be you that loses out. They wont know you bought it second hand.
    Forum Member
    another review in

88% from play UK

Resident Evil 6: First Review Score Is In

NowGamer Archivebot

The world's first Resident Evil 6 review score is in - but is it any good?

Published on Sep 24, 2012

Resident Evil 6 has scored 88 per cent in the new issue of Play Magazine.

Issue 223, which goes on sale on Thursday and has begun reaching subscribers, carries a six-page review of Capcom's survival-horror and describes it "as a Resident Evil worthy of modern times."

"This is arguably the best co-op game available on PS3 alongside Borderlands 2," says Play.

The review details each individual section - describing Leon's as "the sort of action that would never have been possible with the old Resident Evil framework" and Jake's as "host to Capcom's more ambitious ideas", while Chris' section is held up as the weakest. Ada Wong's campaign is described as "a surprisingly generous addition".

"While long-term Resident Evil fans might still be disappointed by the nod towards action over horror, Capcom finally has the confidence and know-how to pull it off. It's big, it's brutal, it's ballsy and most of all, it's back," Play conclude.

Just 6 full waiting days now:D cannot wait
    playing the demo again with helena for the shotgun its fun blowing zombie heads of again:D
  • Wayne321Wayne321 Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am actually really looking forward to this, despite the negativity. After playing the demo I can appreciate it for what it is. All games need to grow as they produce sequels. The demo isn't bad, its just different from what people were expecting and with change, there will always be people that don't want it.

Obviously I haven't played the full game yet, and yes, it could be terrible but I'm not gonna hate a game after playing 15 minutes of what will be a 30+ hour game

Judging by the 2 reviews that are in, there's plenty to like about the full game.
    Forum Member
    Wayne321 wrote: »
    I am actually really looking forward to this, despite the negativity. After playing the demo I can appreciate it for what it is. All games need to grow as they produce sequels. The demo isn't bad, its just different from what people were expecting and with change, there will always be people that don't want it.

Obviously I haven't played the full game yet, and yes, it could be terrible but I'm not gonna hate a game after playing 15 minutes of what will be a 30+ hour game

Judging by the 2 reviews that are in, there's plenty to like about the full game.

:eek:im shocked I thought I was the only one who was looking forward to it on here LOL
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    :eek:im shocked I thought I was the only one who was looking forward to it on here LOL

I thought I was the only one! :)
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steven1977 wrote: »
    It will be you that loses out. They wont know you bought it second hand.

exactly, thats the point, one less sale.
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a particular order you should play the game in?

Apparently there are 3 different campaigns with 3 different characters, so I'm confused as to which one you should start first, and why they've done it like this?

Are the 3 characters story's totally different?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should I play through 5 before playing this, or jump straight into 6.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    Should I play through 5 before playing this, or jump straight into 6.

Its probably not essential but the storyline is a contiuation of the previous games so there might be a few things that go over your head
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ShopTo took my money for my pre-order today so hopefully it will be sent out tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wayne321 wrote: »
    ShopTo took my money for my pre-order today so hopefully it will be sent out tomorrow.

Me too. This usually happens a day before dispatch. As it's a Tuesday release, I think they'll post it tomorrow so we may get it Saturday :)
    Forum Member
    im so jealous

if you do get it on saturday can you do a spoiler free mini review after playing for a bit

Iv read somewhere that reviews are embargoed till monday:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    im so jealous

if you do get it on saturday can you do a spoiler free mini review after playing for a bit

Iv read somewhere that reviews are embargoed till monday:rolleyes:

Pre-order it tonight and they'll dispatch it same time as us.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Pre-order it tonight and they'll dispatch it same time as us.

and if it's not saturday, it'll probably be Monday, which is still a day early.
    Forum Member
    dont think il risk it since im not in the UK
    would kick myself then if it didt arrive by tuesday and was left waiting abit longer:D

cant even go on re forums incase of spoilers as the game has been leaked:rolleyes:

If anybody finds any more reviews please post em here