Options

So we're agreed, Ella Henderson will be a huge star?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »
    She's very overrated imo. Her voice is annoying and her personality was so bland that they had to keep telling us she was only SIXTEEN every 5 seconds :rolleyes:. Anyway I don't think she's any more mainstream than the likes of Amelia and Misha, and I can already imagine what her own material will be like.

She will get ten times the backing of Amelia and Misha. Like she didn't even come in the top 4 and she is singing at the NTA's. Syco will invest in her. I didn't really feel her, but I can see her becoming huge, with the right song.
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Don't forget being in the bottom the first week she was publicly voted for. If she hadn't been kicked out and brought back so late she never would have made it to that point in the competition.

Except she was like Louis said a ready made pop star. She had the look, sound and presence of a pop star. Something actually lacking in a lot of contestants. She had a personality too somewhat more than Janet and more likeable than Misha which is why people liked her and she came 1st in the public vote twice and came 3rd overall. Don't say anything about her musical success. Comparing Amelia's success so far with Marcus's would be a joke really.

I don't like the emphasis people put on being in the bottom 2, as Olly, JLS and James now have all shown - it MEANS NOTHING, neither about popularity, neither about talent, nor about marketability.

Ella's going to be big. People undervalue song writing for one which I can't stand. Ella's ability to take a horrible auto-tuned mash-up and turn it into a beautiful ballad was amazing.
  • Options
    oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she was outstanding last night at the live tour. Stole the show with her audition song and believe

True talent rises to the top
    Not surprised she was the best

Did Baloney get any boos ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Except she was like Louis said a ready made pop star. She had the look, sound and presence of a pop star. Something actually lacking in a lot of contestants. She had a personality too somewhat more than Janet and more likeable than Misha which is why people liked her and she came 1st in the public vote twice and came 3rd overall. Don't say anything about her musical success. Comparing Amelia's success so far with Marcus's would be a joke really.

I don't like the emphasis people put on being in the bottom 2, as Olly, JLS and James now have all shown - it MEANS NOTHING, neither about popularity, neither about talent, nor about marketability.

Ella's going to be big. People undervalue song writing for one which I can't stand. Ella's ability to take a horrible auto-tuned mash-up and turn it into a beautiful ballad was amazing.

It certainly means something when it's the first time they're being voted for and they are in the bottom. I wasn't saying she's not successful or anything like that - I actually really like Amelia, I've seen her live and she's fantastic. But her coming in the bottom immediately after being brough back 6 weeks into the competition shows she'd have never made it to third had it not been fixed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It certainly means something when it's the first time they're being voted for and they are in the bottom. I wasn't saying she's not successful or anything like that - I actually really like Amelia, I've seen her live and she's fantastic. But her coming in the bottom immediately after being brough back 6 weeks into the competition shows she'd have never made it to third had it not been fixed.

This is a joke. She never went to the bottom 2 in the first week she was brought back. When she sang 'The Show must go On' - Queen, SHE CAME 1ST in the public vote.

The week after she sang Think, had an unfavorable spot but still managed to come through over Craig, but this second week she was in the bottom two.

Then she came 1st in the public vote after that! Showing people DID actually want her...please don't tell me you've still not understood.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a joke. She never went to the bottom 2 in the first week she was brought back. When she sang 'The Show must go On' - Queen, SHE CAME 1ST in the public vote.

The week after she sang Think, had an unfavorable spot but still managed to come through over Craig, but this second week she was in the bottom two.

Then she came 1st in the public vote after that! Showing people DID actually want her...please don't tell me you've still not understood.

I understand perfectly, the week you're talking about was the week she was brought back, when people had voted her in and she had huge hype surounding her re-entry. The week after, the first time she'd just been treated like any other contestant, she was in the bottom, you can't pretend that's not significant. The week after that she got the reound, but it's pretty clear that without the fix she would never have made it to third.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know why it was her at the NTAs' and not James, it is usually the winner (and please none of the "because she's better/ i dont like James" opinions, I'm genuinely wondering, not looking for a James vs Ella debate).
  • Options
    kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, remind me........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know why it was her at the NTAs' and not James, it is usually the winner (and please none of the "because she's better/ i dont like James" opinions, I'm genuinely wondering, not looking for a James vs Ella debate).

I've said this already a few times, but amongst the Ella vs James comments it seems to have gotten lost.

The way I see it is BOTH acts have been signed to Syco. Yes previously winners have performed on the NTAs. But because Ella went out relatively early, has had hardly any buzz about her since and Simon is expecting big things from her (Adele and Emeli did too) then it makes sense to make her a priority at the moment. James has already had a hit record surpassing many previous winners AND going global, so he's not in danger of being forgotten. Ella is in danger of being forgotten for the reasons previously stated. Ella is a priority, James is not.

Other than that, people perceive the X Factor to be a joke, and by getting Ella to do that song I think he's proven somewhat that the show is still credible. If James went on when the media are already attacking him and when he's a very niche performer with Impossible (with the intensity). I personally like him, but others would comment about him needing a wash, looking fat and ugly, singing like he needs the toilet. So Cowell may have wanted to avoid this too. James is incredibly good but some people want to see the worst in him (ie appearance over substance) can't understand why.

Done explained it all. There is no Ella vs James, both are incredible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    rated_2000 wrote: »
    I don't see it myself, never have. I think she is overrated

to me it seems like they are trying to pass her off as a young adele just cause she kind of looks like her.

her voice grates on me

I agree. Every week on X factor there were technical errors with her vocals. Just don't get her.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ella's ability to turn every song she sang on XF, including 'You're the one that I want' from Grease, into a dirge was not amazing in my opinion.
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on what kind of single she releases she has a great voice I really hope she does well and gets the right song.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I've said this already a few times, but amongst the Ella vs James comments it seems to have gotten lost.

The way I see it is BOTH acts have been signed to Syco. Yes previously winners have performed on the NTAs. But because Ella went out relatively early, has had hardly any buzz about her since and Simon is expecting big things from her (Adele and Emeli did too) then it makes sense to make her a priority at the moment. James has already had a hit record surpassing many previous winners AND going global, so he's not in danger of being forgotten. Ella is in danger of being forgotten for the reasons previously stated. Ella is a priority, James is not.

Other than that, people perceive the X Factor to be a joke, and by getting Ella to do that song I think he's proven somewhat that the show is still credible. If James went on when the media are already attacking him and when he's a very niche performer with Impossible (with the intensity). I personally like him, but others would comment about him needing a wash, looking fat and ugly, singing like he needs the toilet. So Cowell may have wanted to avoid this too. James is incredibly good but some people want to see the worst in him (ie appearance over substance) can't understand why.

Done explained it all. There is no Ella vs James, both are incredible.

Thanks, the being forgotten about thing makes sense. :)

Oh, I don't think there's an Ella vs James but if I hadn't said there's no call for those comments someone would have commented saying "Because James can't sing and Ella is much better." Or something.
  • Options
    Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not at all :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lmao the hold start of this thread 'So we're agreed' makes me not want to read. Therefore I'm writing this and clicking straight off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella has a beautiful voice and it seems she can knock up a good tune. I do hope the public go with her, we need more natural talent, less Cher Lloyds and more Ellas.

Totally agree with this post.
  • Options
    oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because she will, all she needs is an excellent first love song (not a cover), and then maybe a dance song with an established producer (David Guetta/Calvin Harris)...

And then shes World Wide....

She's perfect as she is . Doesnt need to get any bigger ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks, the being forgotten about thing makes sense. :)

Oh, I don't think there's an Ella vs James but if I hadn't said there's no call for those comments someone would have commented saying "Because James can't sing and Ella is much better." Or something.

I understand. Ella vs James comparisons are pointless really because we will in the end never know who is going to be the most successful out of this lot. Out of last year's, it seems to be Little Mix (who knew?), out of 2010's, it was 1D, out of 2009, it was Olly.

We quite literally we have no idea who is going to be the most successful.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lmao the hold start of this thread 'So we're agreed' makes me not want to read. Therefore I'm writing this and clicking straight off.

Were you stamping your foot when you wrote that?
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard her singing I think it was Have Yourself a merry Little Christmas live on the radio one day before Christmas. She was just accompanied by a piano and it was absolutely beautiful. She is definitely one to watch for the futiure IMO.
  • Options
    cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Ella will do really well. She must be allowed to sing a range of songs and not make everything into a slow death theme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've posted this in her appreciation thread but it looks like you all need to be convinced how good she is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ocqEdXAB-g

Listen and be amazed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah...not amazed. I get that she's good, but to me she's no where near amazing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah...not amazed. I get that she's good, but to me she's no where near amazing.

Fine. But this video proves she's got a real nack for song writing. She is versatile. And I don't care what people say about her voice cracking, it's her style. It's like Jade Ellis 'insert random pause between every note'. It's a style.

I LOVE ELLA.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fine. But this video proves she's got a real nack for song writing. She is versatile. And I don't care what people say about her voice cracking, it's her style. It's like Jade Ellis 'insert random pause between every note'. It's a style.

I LOVE ELLA.

Well by that token I could say that belching in the middle of a song is a 'style '....:D