Options

Sony Xperia Z, HTC M7 or HTC Butterfly?

2»

Comments

• Options
    RushRush Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Xperia Z looks like a great phone, shame it's by Sony, buggy os, lack of updates. Wait and see what Samsung and HTC come up with
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Rush wrote: »
    Xperia Z looks like a great phone, shame it's by Sony, buggy os, lack of updates. Wait and see what Samsung and HTC come up with

So were Samsung but look at the now. Sony have to change and this is a good chance for them to.
  • Options
    Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    So were Samsung but look at the now. Sony have to change and this is a good chance for them to.
    Yeah but it's what their third(?) chance now?
    If they don't make it stick this time, they might be out of time.
  • Options
    clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »
    OP, if you don't like stock Android (argghhhh) just wait till the Galaxy S4 is released next month. It will be better than anything Sony or HTC release just like the S
    , S2 and S3 were. Honestly the wait will be worth it.

Yes, of course it will be better. I mean, you're going to be running major computational tasks that'll be able to leverage the claimed 8 CPU cores.

But in reality, phones barely make use of 4 cores unless you're doing serious gaming. For regular tasks, like sending mails, viewing videos, browsing the web or -gasp- making calls, only one (or maybe 2) cores are used.

The S3, as has been mentioned, suffers from a couple of niggles. Lousy build quality - feels cheep in the hands, and has a lousy camera. Although the lousy camera issue also afflicts pretty much every phone released.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    clonmult wrote: »

The S3, as has been mentioned, suffers from a couple of niggles. Lousy build quality - feels cheep in the hands, and has a lousy camera. Although the lousy camera issue also afflicts pretty much every phone released.

Mine felt fine in the hand, also was solid and the camera was superb.

The microphone for taking videos on the other hand is rotten.
  • Options
    goldenfacegoldenface Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've already got the Xperia Z in my sights it currently wipes the floor with anything up and coming and who can say no to being able to wash your phone under the tap or shoot video underwater.

As for the screen brightness? It's completely adjustable in the settings. It can be set to Auto or you can switch set your own brightness.

If it's at least as good as the Xperia T it will be amazing.
  • Options
    Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clonmult wrote: »
    Yes, of course it will be better. I mean, you're going to be running major computational tasks that'll be able to leverage the claimed 8 CPU cores.
    The 8 cores won't run simultaneously.
    There's 4 main cores and 4 low-power cores, it's one set or the other.
  • Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Galaxy S4 will wear the Sony and HTC effots as hats. Whether or not it be the better phone hardly matters as the majority will beleive it is and Samsung will pour huge amounts of marketing money into it. If I was not commited to only owning Nexus phones I would wait for the S4 (and just hope they build it out of better quality materials.)
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    goldenface wrote: »
    As for the screen brightness? It's completely adjustable in the settings. It can be set to Auto or you can switch set your own brightness.

Trust me, when i saw the screen and compared it to my phone and colleagues it was very dull (my screen was on 10% at the time and was almost as bright) So i thought it was on auto brightness, went tot settings and it was already on max brightness.

Disappointed tbh. Bear in mind i've never seen another 1080p smartphone before so don't know how it compares to others, but seeing as Sharp is the manufacturer for pretty much every 1080p 5inch screen at the moment i'm not sure what to expect now. I've heard the same complaint on the HTC butterfly.

But like i said, apart from the brightness the viewing angles and sharpness and quality of the screen is easily the best on any smartphone.
  • Options
    clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Mine felt fine in the hand, also was solid and the camera was superb.

The microphone for taking videos on the other hand is rotten.

Try taking a picture when the lights are low, then see if the camera is superb ..... :p But then I guess for many people its good enough, its just not good enough to replace a dedicated camera all round. Not sure its in Samsungs interests to do that, as it'd reduce possible sales of their cameras.

I've just felt that the SGS3 felt relatively cheap. Damn good looking screen though (I do really like AMOLED)