Options

The new Sports Games Forum

DartGuruDartGuru Posts: 2,893
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Call me an old grouch, but am I the only one that think the games forum isn't quite working out as it ought to. I popped over there this morning just on the off-chance there was a Newmarket Comp, and there's stacks of comps which are games that run on another website.

I'm not criticising Dean and co that set these games up - apart from their need to get a job :) <JOKE>, and I'm not even sure what is is exactly that I'm unhappy about, just, probably, maybe, that a DS Sports Games Forum should be for DS-run Sports Games

Comments

• Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DartGuru wrote: »
    Call me an old grouch, but am I the only one that think the games forum isn't quite working out as it ought to. I popped over there this morning just on the off-chance there was a Newmarket Comp, and there's stacks of comps which are games that run on another website.

I'm not criticising Dean and co that set these games up - apart from their need to get a job :) <JOKE>, and I'm not even sure what is is exactly that I'm unhappy about, just, probably, maybe, that a DS Sports Games Forum should be for DS-run Sports Games

I know what you mean DG. I thought the new forum would make it easier to find the prediction comps etc but it looks like there are now so many it is hard to find. BUT, I think that is purely down to me forgetting about all the football comps. I guess most of us thought that it would just be the non football sports as football already has its own sub section.

Ideally, and this is me being VERY greedy and self centered, we would have a football games and other sports games section.
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny i was wondering where the footie comps would end up..(well DS ones anyway:)).
    Will the normal DS Footie comps be in the normal Footie thread(loads would miss it if it wasnt i reckon) ?

No Newmarket Comp im afraid dart...(well not from me anyway:p)
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tso wrote: »
    Funny i was wondering where the footie comps would end up..(well DS ones anyway:)).
    Will the normal DS Footie comps be in the normal Footie thread(loads would miss it if it wasnt i reckon) ?

No Newmarket Comp im afraid dart...(well not from me anyway:p)
    I shall do the title in CAPITAL LETTERS to make it stand out and bump the thread every twenty minutes :p
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shall do the title in CAPITAL LETTERS to make it stand out and bump the thread every twenty minutes :p

:p......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

tee hee
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since the forum split the games, I have not played them. If they're not in front of me I forget they exist. :o

I am talking about the Name the Sports Person, and the A-Z games, not the predictions comps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know this probably won't happen but i think the sub forum needs a sub forum. tso is right, when the football season starts we will have lots in there.
  • Options
    James1953James1953 Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have made a suggestion to the mods to have a 'PINNED' topic at the top of the football and the sports forum ( much as they do for eg in General Discussion) .
    This could let in-frequent visitors know about where the Forum games are now residing.

Hope this suggestion is OK with you regulars
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James1953 wrote: »
    I have made a suggestion to the mods to have a 'PINNED' topic at the top of the football and the sports forum ( much as they do for eg in General Discussion) .
    This could let in-frequent visitors know about where the Forum games are now residing.

Hope this suggestion is OK with you regulars

very good idea James
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What exactly is the criteria for moving threads to the new forum.
    I notice the Saturday racing comp is in the new sub- forum but the Sunday racing comp remains in the main forum along with the F1 prediction game.
    Very confusing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    What exactly is the criteria for moving threads to the new forum.
    I notice the Saturday racing comp is in the new sub- forum but the Sunday racing comp remains in the main forum along with the F1 prediction game.
    Very confusing.

I asked the mods to move the Saturday comp to the new forum. Swing wants to keep the Sunday one where it is
  • Options
    RealaleRealale Posts: 6,381
    Forum Member
    It's all a bit of a mess really, needs sorting out.
  • Options
    dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the idea of a 'sticky' at the top of the forum re-directing people
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am thinking the sub forum desperately needs splitting up now. I posted the card for my saturday racing thread on Thursday tea time and by Friday morning it was just about on page 2. Dropped like a stone.

Maybe needs 3 sections

Football prediction
    Other Sports prediction
    A-Z and letter games ( non prediction )

Or possibly DS prediction comps and other website prediction comps.
  • Options
    RealaleRealale Posts: 6,381
    Forum Member
    DS prediction comps and then one for other websites sounds the best option to me, good thinking DL.
  • Options
    DartGuruDartGuru Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed.

Make it so :-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or possibly DS prediction comps and other website prediction comps.
    This is a good idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did e mail the mods with my suggestions. Not heard anything back yet. Was about 5 days ago.

I have nothing against the comps, i enter plenty myself, i am though getting a bit narked that there are so many which just have 2 or 3 people in them. They are pushing the other comps down a page or two. I am getting DMs from people saying "i cant find your comp" because it has dropped so far in a couple of days.

Hope the mods do decide on more subforums
  • Options
    dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did e mail the mods with my suggestions. Not heard anything back yet. Was about 5 days ago.

I have nothing against the comps, i enter plenty myself, i am though getting a bit narked that there are so many which just have 2 or 3 people in them. They are pushing the other comps down a page or two. I am getting DMs from people saying "i cant find your comp" because it has dropped so far in a couple of days.

Hope the mods do decide on more subforums

It does need something doing

Do we know if any of the mods frequent the Sports section as posters or competition enterers (is that a word..?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is a stat

Page 1 on sport still has last posts on threads from 29th Aug

Page 1 on Sports Games Forums is lucky to go beyond yesterday.
  • Options
    The quizmasterThe quizmaster Posts: 93,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A question of sport is now in the games section everyone :)
  • Options
    davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a stat

Page 1 on sport still has last posts on threads from 29th Aug

Page 1 on Sports Games Forums is lucky to go beyond yesterday.

It's still there. Dont think any of the mods can be sports fans.
    Not sure what the answer is but something needs doing .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    17 days since last message and this is still on page 1. Shows how the more sub forums the better it works
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anybody else asked the mods ?
  • Options
    davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have. Dont think it's high on their agenda unfortunately