Celebrity Apprentice 7 - Speculation

pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
Forum Member
This is a thread to speculate about who might be in the brend new series of the Celebrity Apprentice.

I think it starts filming this week, so something should leak.

I've heard rumours of David Hasselhoff, Martina Navratalova, Mark Curry, Johnny Weir, Ian Ziering, Kate Gosselin and more are rumoured to appear.

Whoopi Goldberg is randomly in New York, but I dunno if she'd do it?

I think it starts airing in autumn, but since it's filming now

Comments

• pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Filming was pushed back two weeks, but TMZ leaked a few names.

Apparently Kate Gosselin is 100% in as is Kenya Moore, Geraldo Rivero, Terrell Owens, Keshia Knight Pulliam and Brandi Glanville.

Martina says she isn't doing it, Hoff has agreed to do it, but hasn't officially signed and LeAnn Rimes wants in.
    Forum Member
    My source has come through and I can reveal the following are taking part;

Kate Gosselin
    Leeza Gibbons
    Keshia Knight Pulliam
    Ian Ziering
    Lorenzo Lamas
    Geraldo Rivera
    Forum Member
    Kevin Jonas too ;)
    Forum Member
    This starts January 4th.
  • sveknusveknu Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the update.
  • Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am currently having my first taste of Apprentice US, celebrity all stars and I love it, its so refreshing. I hope to finish that season this weekend and will move on to this one after.
  • apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Not household names in my household.
  • sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,174
    Forum Member
    Just seen the first double episode of series 7, and looks like it could be another cracker! And the rest of the series is moving to double episodes every Monday night in the US.

Have to say I didnt know about half of them, but looks like being quite a catty group! And having Piers as an advisor stirring with his big wooden spoon... :D
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched the first one, the show is as fundamentally flawed as the UK version.

In the UK version people who have performed consistently well can be booted on the strength of their business plan alone.

In the US version its the person with the richest connections come out on top as the show is focussed too heavily on fundraising over aptitude,
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iamsofired wrote: »
    Watched the first one, the show is as fundamentally flawed as the UK version.

In the UK version people who have performed consistently well can be booted on the strength of their business plan alone.

In the US version its the person with the richest connections come out on top as the show is focussed too heavily on fundraising over aptitude,

But its knowing who to tap for cash and when is the important thing as you'd want it to preferably go to your cause and hope you can keep enough big hitters back incase you reach the final
    Forum Member
    Joke that Gilbert (most entertaining one) and Kevin got fired over Geraldo
  • munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geraldo's supremely annoying. Shame what Gotfried said in the presentation or he'd've been fine.
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geraldo's supremely annoying. Shame what Gotfried said in the presentation or he'd've been fine.

His ego is off the charts, I cant imagine what he's like to work with in his regular job.
    Forum Member
    Does this all need to be in spoilers or not (guessing not after the last few posts!) :)
    Geraldo is already looking like the protected one, just as Joan Rivers was in her series. Really surprised the blokes lost the NEAT task, and disappointed Kevin tried to be too clever in bringing Ian in with Geraldo to try and force Donald to fire Geraldo... never going to work, and probably the most able of the men's team is gone! I think he could've beaten Geraldo. Really surprised though that Kevin didn't raise to Donald how disruptive Geraldo was in the meeting with the Neat guys - holding a phone call and constantly talking over their meeting - very annoying!

Gilbert - just does not understand filters! Talk about cringing - you could see Ivanka seething when he went off on his women with low self-esteem rant! If it were not for that, the totally useless Terrell Owens would surely have gone. The blokes are carrying a few deadweights still...
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing Geraldo, Leeza and Brandi will do pretty well and maybe Vivica too but not as sure about her. Geraldo and Leeza are the types Trump loves, older, somewhat conservative nobodies who talk a load of BS and then you've Brandi who'll kiss his ass and fill the useless semi-pretty role that the likes of Hope, Dayana and Brande fulfilled over the years and all did well because Trump had a hard on.

He's going to hate Kenya, she has the Aubrey O'Day vibe and if there is one thing that Trump hates is an assertive woman who doesn't constantly kiss his ass and knows her own worth.

Jamie's comments to Kenya were a bit OTT, I mean Kenya is shady but she did apologise and it didn't seem like Kenya was trying to start drama because if she was Jamie would truly know about it, Jamie's "who raised you" and "have you not seen Oprah" comments were totally suspect as to the motivations behind them and what she was suggesting about Kenya. I doubt she'd have said the Oprah comment about a white woman.

I find Ian strangely attractive and I never have before. God my taste level must be changing hahaha

I thought Trump would be more into Gotfried maybe he wasn't pleased that he believes in the scientific fact of global warming.
    Forum Member
    Shame that Shawn Johnson has gone, I loved her and thought they would've been better off in the future with Shawn rather than Kate Gosselin.

Lorenzo Lamas however, he might as well have not shown up, same with Sig Hansen and Johnny Damon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sig is floating even more than Shawn, he should be long gone now. Yeah felt bad for Shawn going, I don't mind Kate and she was right about that task. Vivica is so fake, one moment nearly in tears over not wanting to be mean, then going in at Kate and Shawn.
  • Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sig is floating even more than Shawn, he should be long gone now. Yeah felt bad for Shawn going, I don't mind Kate and she was right about that task. Vivica is so fake, one moment nearly in tears over not wanting to be mean, then going in at Kate and Shawn.

I noticed that too!
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not liking the series TBH.

I dislike Trump. He obviously fires on production quality near the start / middle etc. When he got called out on one of the episodes he used Kevin Jonas as an excuse but that was because Kevin practically quit the show by leaving no room for Trump not to fire him.

Also, did the show think we want to see this Brandi / Kenya drama. I certainly did not. I would watch that dire Real Housewives if I wanted to see them fake fighting.

I think this is going to be the last season. It's just not good anymore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given there were rumours we'd never even see this season as it was supposed to air last year it wouldn't shock me if this was the last season, seem NBC have just rattled it out in double bills because they likely have some contractual obligation to show it.

Anytime they hire a housewife that is what NBC want, that kind of drama, Teresa was a flop in that regard and Trump kept him as long as he could hoping she'd explode. Nene and now Brandi and Kenya have given NBC what they want.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given there were rumours we'd never even see this season as it was supposed to air last year it wouldn't shock me if this was the last season, seem NBC have just rattled it out in double bills because they likely have some contractual obligation to show it.

Anytime they hire a housewife that is what NBC want, that kind of drama, Teresa was a flop in that regard and Trump kept him as long as he could hoping she'd explode. Nene and now Brandi and Kenya have given NBC what they want.

Nene was great to the cast as I found her real. She quit cause she had enough of Trump making the show all about her Vs Star Jones. So props to her for that.

This Brandi / Kenya is just fake real housewives rubbish. It's unreal and boring.

Geraldo / Vivica / Ian seem the only interesting cast this year for me. Kate Gosselin reaching Week 7 is ludicrous. Nice lady but serious Trump keeping her when she has evidently done not much makes a joke of the format.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't agree with Nene quitting, because that did look like she was conceding to Star. I like Kenya but I'm a fan from RHOA anyway.

A guy like Sig annoys me more than Kate, he has truly done zero from what we've seen. At least Kate has had some drama.

Geraldo will be Trumps fave and I think he could win, the show has had terrible winners just because Trump likes them, I'd include Joan in that category, as much as I liked her she was definitely protected somewhat by Donald and production. Arsenio was useless most of the weeks and then somehow beat Clay in final 2.
    Forum Member
    Menopausegate :o
    Forum Member
    Well phonegate, and then the mass execution! Shocked and disappointed with the boardroom at the end, they had won 4 on the trot...