Options

EE: 'Just eat your pickled onion, Nan'

B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
Forum Member
munch...munch...

Don't know why, really, but that little part of a scene amused me. I think I've missed Mo a bit. Just hope that now she's back they finally give her more to do than hanging around and storylines that are just fillers for everybody else.

Anyone else a Mo fan?

Comments

• Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    She's improved after a while away. She's far better then that old hag Cora anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    It was a brilliant line. Having Mo around is great!
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Mo
    You need a character who says it as it is or says things at the wrong time

With lorraine newman gone, it suprises me the new EP hasn't reinstated her as a full time cast member.
  • Options
    Ozboz3Ozboz3 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg I laughed out loud at that scene. I have missed Mo so much and am so happy she's back:D
  • Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Mo has never really been used to her full potential in my opinion. She was good when the Slaters were very first introduced all those years ago, but quickly went into the background and never came out.

The "I got these from Fat Elvis" part of her character is rubbish. It's good to see her being used more as a serious character who is there for her family because she does work as that kind of character IMO. Glad that DTC sees this. I imagine he may be slowly building her character up to what she should always have been but never was, with the possibility of making her permenant if successful in doing this.
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laila Morse and Jessie Wallace bounce off of each other excellently. Morse's comedy timing is almost spot on.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    Laila Morse and Jessie Wallace bounce off of each other excellently. Morse's comedy timing is almost spot on.

I agree, that scene made me laugh as well. :D
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jessie bounces off well with anyone she shares a scene with. A sign of a bloody good actress imo.
  • Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Jessie bounces off well with anyone she shares a scene with. A sign of a bloody good actress imo.

Yes. Despite reservations people have about the character of Kat, Jessie is a very good actress.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    summer_ste wrote: »
    Mo has never really been used to her full potential in my opinion. She was good when the Slaters were very first introduced all those years ago, but quickly went into the background and never came out.

The "I got these from Fat Elvis" part of her character is rubbish. It's good to see her being used more as a serious character who is there for her family because she does work as that kind of character IMO. Glad that DTC sees this. I imagine he may be slowly building her character up to what she should always have been but never was, with the possibility of making her permenant if successful in doing this.

Agreed. The Fat Elvis schtick was funny at first but it became overused and a bit cringeworthy. I hope that DTC does allow Mo to develop into more of a Slater matriach. Laila Morse can more than handle the dramatic scenes not just the comedy. She does both ratjer
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a brilliant line.
    Hope we get to see more of Mo this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    summer_ste wrote: »

I hope so, too. The Fat Elvis storylines were funny at first but became overused and a little bit tiresome after a while. I'd like to see Mo develop more of a Slater matriach role. Laila Morse handles the dramatic storylines and the comedy ones rather well. She has the acting chops so I'd like to see Mo more often.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Mo
    You need a character who says it as it is or says things at the wrong time

With lorraine newman gone, it suprises me the new EP hasn't reinstated her as a full time cast member.

I think they recreated her with Cora so that was why she was downgraded. However, in my mind, B Mo is the more successful character. Lauren and Abi have Max now that the storyline with Carl has concluded. It doesn't ring true to me that she's sticking around when Patrick just wants to be friend and Max couldn't care what she does. She should be trying to build bridges with her daughters and making up for the past with Ava.

Because Mo was brought in with the rest of the Slaters, it suggested that Mo was closer to Viv than her other two children. Charlie has said that Kat is the one most like her mother, so it makes a lot of sense that Mo would cling to Kat. Stacey isn't related to her, but I think that Mo has more purpose in Walford than Cora. She has always been very fond of Alfie and Stacey after all.

I have no doubt that had Kirkwood not have killed off Pat, Mo would already have been reinstated as a permanent character. Their past was not explored as much as it could have been and I think that it would have been done by DTC, as EastEnders is his interest rather than just his job.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They're not exactly doing much with the older characters at the moment, with the exception of Dot. Cora, Mo, Patrick all seem to be in the background right now. Hopefully that will change.

I don't always relate to some of the stories of the younger characters, that's probably an age thing, but I still watch them and enjoy them for the most part. EE needs to keep a balance of all the characters of all ages.
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    I hope they move Big Mo back into the Slater house when Stacey is back full time.
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that was grose, and what is up with her hair she looks bloody ridiculous!
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    Mo makes me laugh, I love her :D I do hope she stick around more.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hetty100 wrote: »
    I thought that was grose, and what is up with her hair she looks bloody ridiculous!

Billy Idol, the pensioner years.
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »

LMFAO:D
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they move Big Mo back into the Slater house when Stacey is back full time.

I think we're supposed to believe that she does live there, but goes off to Charlie's occasionally. There was a conversation between Ian and Denise which suggested she lived there, and she wasn't mentioned arriving on Thursday, she just came down the stairs. Back in January, Kat also talked about them having moved in with Nan. It wouldn't be such a step backwards for Kat and Alfie if they were just renting the house from her. I presume that Mo moved back in when it was apparent that Joey had gone.

It'll turn back into the Slater TARDIS if Stacey moves back in there though. I'm guessing it's a 4 bed place as Kat mentioned a spare room once. Kat and Alfie have one, Tommy must have his own and Mo sort of lives there. The twins will need a nursery (Tommy was left in with Kat and Alfie for too long after what happened, resulting in him not sleeping properly until he was almost 2.)
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »

Lol, I was thinking that too!

Kat's pickled onion comment was funny though, maybe Mo should have retaliated with 'Shut yer face ya caah, just cos you prefer gherkins'!
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Loved that line
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get rid of her.
  • Options
    SonicmfcSonicmfc Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I found it hilarious haha! The look Mo had as she crunched into it was priceless I really like Mo I hope she's used more she's a good addition to the family...
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, I was thinking that too!

Kat's pickled onion comment was funny though, maybe Mo should have retaliated with 'Shut yer face ya caah, just cos you prefer gherkins'!

Here she comes now singing Mony Mony! \( ̄<  ̄)>