Your favourite ever Apprentice candidate?

MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
Forum Member
For me it would have to be between James Max from series 1 or Ruth Badger from series 2. Special mentions to mad Jo, Saira Khan, sexist Paul, Baggs, the woman who was fired on week 4 of series 1 and on her exit called Sir Alan a 'cheeky bastard' (:D), Steven from this series and Jason Leech.

Comments

• Trmcg5Trmcg5 Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Susan Ma!
    This series Steven and Sarah. TV gold! :D
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Majid Nagra from series 5, think he was first out.

I remember him being hilarious on your fired.

In the same series, James McQuillan was involved in some classic Apprentice moments too
    Forum Member
    Trmcg5 wrote: »
    Loved Susan Ma!
    This series Steven and Sarah. TV gold! :D

I wish Sarah had stayed in longer, as you say, TV Gold!
  • LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Susan Ma [Series 7]
    2) Lucinda Ledgerwood [Series 4]
    3) Katie Hopkins [ Series 3]
    4) Jason Leech [Series 9]
    5) Stella English [Series 6]

Also really liked [favourites of series] were: Solomon Akhtar [Series 10], Ricky Martin [Series 8], Ruth Badger [Series 2], Kate Walsh [Series 5] & Zoe Beresford [Series 7]

But overall, Susan Ma :D
    Forum Member
    1) Susan Ma [Series 7]
    2) Lucinda Ledgerwood [Series 4]
    3) Katie Hopkins [ Series 3]
    4) Jason Leech [Series 9]
    5) Stella English [Series 6]

Also really liked [favourites of series] were: Solomon Akhtar [Series 10], Ricky Martin [Series 8], Ruth Badger [Series 2], Kate Walsh [Series 5] & Zoe Beresford [Series 7]

But overall, Susan Ma :D

Ah I forgot about Jason, a prince among men!
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Zara from YA2. She just had a personality that I found really endearing, and I admired her eloquence and her professional attitude. I sent her an email a couple of years ago to tell her that I thought she was really great and I was so glad she won, and she replied and was really friendly to me.
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Raef, Simon, Liz, saira, James (1), Tom Pellereau, Luisa
    Forum Member
    MrWoodySir wrote: »
    For me it would have to be between James Max from series 1 or Ruth Badger from series 2. Special mentions to mad Jo, Saira Khan, sexist Paul, Baggs, the woman who was fired on week 4 of series 1 and on her exit called Sir Alan a 'cheeky bastard' (:D), Steven from this series and Jason Leech.

That was Adele, but she actually wasn't fired, she left (she sort of left by mutual agreement as she probably would have been fired anyway, but officially she left.)
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tre was a character.
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    Tre was a character.

You are not my boss! 😁
  • trebanostrebanos Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've forgotten the vast majority, even some of the winners, mainly because they came up on the rails. Those I do remember are the oddballs and arses, but I couldn't say any of them are favourites.
    Imagine being stuck in a lift with Baggs, Katie or Sarah?
  • Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member
    trebanos wrote: »
    I've forgotten the vast majority, even some of the winners, mainly because they came up on the rails. Those I do remember are the oddballs and arses, but I couldn't say any of them are favourites.

True. I liked strong women candidates like Helen, Liz and Roisin. But it's the oddballs that stick in my memory, Paul, Jo, Stuart and what not. So yeah, not the type of people I'd wanna hang with or anything, but definitely the kind of people I like to watch from a safe distance. ;)

They should do an Apprentice All Stars, bring back some of the most memorable candidates. Can you imagine the level of crazy that could bring?
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clm2071 wrote: »
    You are not my boss! 😁

You're nothing to me! :D
    Forum Member
    trebanos wrote: »

There have been three Katies - I presume you mean Katie Hopkins, and not Katie Wright (the blonde one from two years ago) or Katie Bulmer-Cooke (the one from this year), both of whom I'd quite like to meet in a lift. As a matter of fact, I'd love to bump into Sarah, I'm sure she and I would have a chinwag. As for Stuart - well, I'm with you on that one.
  • nosilauknosilauk Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Badger.
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    You're nothing to me! :D

LOL 😁
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clm2071 wrote: »
    Ah I forgot about Jason, a prince among men!

Another vote for Jason. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Off the top of my head, in the order they occur to me: Jim Eastwood, Gabrielle Omar, Lizzie Magee, Yasmina Siadatan. Tom Pellereau was great, too - on task and off task, the "Tom was rubbish" truism is cack. (And James McQuillan, James Max, Tim Ankers... how many do you want?)

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Jason Leech, Ed Hunter, Sarah Dales, Nargis Ara, Lucinda Ledgerwood and Jordan Poulton were all wonderful but chaotic. And Jemma Bird and Sophie Kain are both candidates who did very little on the show but I still like anyway.

...And, I'll second Adele! I liked Adele. I was willing her to do better than she did, but think she was right to quit.
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    Lucinda, because she didn't ' play the game'.

Kristina Grimes was bloody awesome.

Tre was a tool, but a very entertaining tool. :D
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    I enjoy candidates where I can just sit back and watch them annihilate a task, whether like a machine like Ruth or like a tornado like Saira.

I also think Lucinda was like a breath of fresh air and would probably stand out in any series she was in.

Also I admired Yasmina's gutsy but level-headed approach to the process.

They are definitely my top 4.
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    rwebster wrote: »
    Off the top of my head, in the order they occur to me: Jim Eastwood, Gabrielle Omar, Lizzie Magee, Yasmina Siadatan. Tom Pellereau was great, too - on task and off task, the "Tom was rubbish" truism is cack. (And James McQuillan, James Max, Tim Ankers... how many do you want?)

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Jason Leech, Ed Hunter, Sarah Dales, Nargis Ara, Lucinda Ledgerwood and Jordan Poulton were all wonderful but chaotic. And Jemma Bird and Sophie Kain are both candidates who did very little on the show but I still like anyway.

...And, I'll second Adele! I liked Adele. I was willing her to do better than she did, but think she was right to quit.
    BIB: THAT pitch! :o
  • Super_FurrySuper_Furry Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baggs was the best.
    Pure entertainment that lad.
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nosilauk wrote: »
    The Badger.

I second the motion - one of the few non-winners I remember, and one of the few self-proclaimed "selling machines" in the history of TA who actually was a selling machine!
  • TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's never got any better than Paul Torrisi in series 1.
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    Lucinda, who despite seeming like a scatty eccentric, was a great people manager. Wasn't she a Project Manager in real life or something? I remember being impressed by her. So likeable too.

Also liked Tom Pellerau. I usually prefer the brainy ones rather than the gobby ones who are more aggressive, good at sales but not that bright (eg Ruth Badger). Intelligence goes an awful long way IMO, and certainly during my career all my favourite mentors and bosses have been super smart. They weren't perfect, noone is, but intelligence gave them, for example, strategic acumen and versatility. Contrast that with colleagues who were competent in their particular jobs but comparatively thick. Loads of the Apprentice candidates are like that IMO.