Sir Cliff Richard Investigation Increase

occyoccy Posts: 64,319
Forum Member
✭✭
An investigation into Sir Cliff Richard has "increased significantly in size" with the singer facing a number of allegations.

http://news.sky.com/story/1434228/cliff-richard-investigation-increased-in-size

_________

Sir Cliff totally denies the allegations and said through his lawyers it's absurd.

Comments

• skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I said in another thread, interesting it increases at the same time as the police and the BBC are being hauled over the coals for their behaviour in filming the raid on his house.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    As I said in another thread, interesting it increases at the same time as the police and the BBC are being hauled over the coals for their behaviour in filming the raid on his house.
    Correlation does not imply causation. You may say the increase is "interesting" in an accusatory tone, but you have no evidence whatsoever that it's anything more than a coincidence.

Bear in mind that speculation on the character of the accusers is no better than speculation on Mr Richard's guilt or innocence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Correlation does not imply causation. You may say the increase is "interesting" in an accusatory tone, but you have no evidence whatsoever that it's anything more than a coincidence.

Bear in mind that speculation on the character of the accusers is no better than speculation on Mr Richard's guilt or innocence.

I cannot see where I speculated on the character of any accuser , I mentioned the police
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    I cannot see where I speculated on the character of any accuser , I mentioned the police
    You found it "interesting" that activity should increase at this time. That increase is only possible due to new evidence.

By extension, you're questioning whether the new evidence/accuser(s) would have been take seriously if not for the complaint against the police.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You found it "interesting" that activity should increase at this time. That increase is only possible due to new evidence.

By extension, you're questioning whether the new evidence/accuser(s) would have been take seriously if not for the complaint against the police.

I am not at all, I am saying it is interesting the police choose now to make this statement at the same time they are being questioned over their behaviour in the case and a report criticises them for their actions No where do they say this is new evidence just received only that it involves more than one allegation
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    http://news.sky.com/story/1434228/cliff-richard-investigation-increased-in-size

_________

Sir Cliff totally denies the allegations and said through his lawyers it's absurd.

You need specs occy. :p

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2055450