Emmerdale should I ?

FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It has been put t me that I should start watching Emmerdale, now Ive not watched it since they heartlessly killed Archie Brooks and i have heard its very different these days so what is good about it that would get me watching

Comments

• PickpussPickpuss Posts: 72,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello Orgasmic Lady :)

On DS there are a lot of varying views re the state of Emmerdale so you are going to get a myriad of opinions, I'd say watch it for a few weeks to give you time to get into it and then make up your own mind :)
  • lumpbottomlumpbottom Posts: 18,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eli

Eli

and, emmmmm

♥ ELI ♥

:D
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    sometimes youll catch it and itll be watchable, the next night itll be absolutely awful.
  • pablopicassopablopicasso Posts: 32,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pickpuss wrote: »
    Hello Orgasmic Lady :)

On DS there are a lot of varying views re the state of Emmerdale so you are going to get a myriad of opinions, I'd say watch it for a few weeks to give you time to get into it and then make up your own mind :)
    lumpbottom wrote: »
    Eli

Eli

and, emmmmm

♥ ELI ♥

As you say Pick, there are a myriad of different views. ;)

Some are right and some are just plain weird. ;)

Ms. Orgasm, come and join the daily and give it a go, what have you got to lose?

I miss Archie too, he was great. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weird? Who's weird?
    Well OK there's Paul too,
    but not for long.:cry:
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,773
    Forum Member
    I used to like Archie as well.

Unfortunately, Zoe Tate decided to time her 'coming out' at the exact moment he'd decided to tell her that he'd been in love with her for years!:o
  • mr. mustardmr. mustard Posts: 48,888
    Forum Member
    It has been put t me that I should start watching Emmerdale, now Ive not watched it since they heartlessly killed Archie Brooks and i have heard its very different these days so what is good about it that would get me watching
    When it's good it's really good, but this year has seen an unprecedented wave of criticism. The show's also dropped below it's 8 million level and occasionally sinks to 5 million plus. I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone, as there have been some embarrassingly bad episodes recently.
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Faye, of course you should try it. Come and join the gang - I'm sure you will find it a load of fun - and if you don't, just tell us!!!:)
  • hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Faye, of course you should try it. Come and join the gang - I'm sure you will find it a load of fun - and if you don't, just tell us!!!:)

Yes, every time emmerdale is on, come to the soaps section and find the Emmerdaily thread where people discuss the episode and usually have a good laugh, for me its the best daily soap thread around, corrie is ok and EE is just :yawn:

:D:D
  • moonbabymoonbaby Posts: 2,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I wouldn't bother. Its dire. Even Hollyoaks is better these days.
  • snoopy33snoopy33 Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lumpbottom wrote: »
    Eli

Eli

and, emmmmm

♥ ELI ♥

ELI lives in my town, very often see him :D:D
    Forum Member
    moonbaby wrote: »
    To be honest I wouldn't bother. Its dire.
    Seconded. The poorest soap of the big three.

And it used to be so good.
    Forum Member
    for me its the best daily soap thread around, corrie is ok and EE is just :yawn:
    I think that's a little unfair. The Corrie and EE threads have a laugh and give their views on the episodes too. There's rarely any appraisal or proper overview of things on the Emmerdaily. There's hardly any discussion at all.

The Corrie daily thread when Liam got murdered was brilliant, full of different opinions and views.
  • hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that's a little unfair. The Corrie and EE threads have a laugh and give their views on the episodes too. There's rarely any appraisal or proper overview of things on the Emmerdaily. There's hardly any discussion at all.

The Corrie daily thread when Liam got murdered was brilliant, full of different opinions and views.

I suppose i was a bit harsh wasn't i :o

but you must agree emmerdaily is best in terms of having a laugh, i know its worst for the actual discussion :D
    Forum Member
    but you must agree emmerdaily is best in terms of having a laugh, i know its worst for the actual discussion :D
    Agreed :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member

My advice would be not to take notice of anyone else, try it, and make up your own mind. :) Next week will be an explosive place to start from, there's a big episode coming up on Tuesday. :D
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping the show improves when Donna and various others leave. Maybe Amanda Donohoe can help it a bit. The Shane murder storyline was a big let down IMO.
  • CobaltCobalt Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't waste your time on Emmerdale. It's very poor at the moment, is on too much and the characters all either speak in silly voices or try too hard to be funny :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In all honesty Faye, there is only one person, who's opinion you should go with, and that is your own. I think it is pretty mean and blinkered of people saying not to bother, because they don't know you, they don't know what you like. At the very least what have you got to lose? A couple of hours of tv, it is no big deal and you may decide you like it.

Regarding the Emmerdaily, it is true, there isn't a lot of dull, in depth analysis, all if there was a lot of people who post in it, wouldn't. Even the last Producer of Emmerdale liked our daily's, so they can't be that dire, and on the whole, we have a friendly bunch, the last couple of weeks especially have been very light-hearted, with no conflict. :)
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    You should give Emmerdale a go even after all these years. I dont watch Eastenders but I wouldnt tell anyone not to watch it.

Give it a go you know you want to :D

LaineyT
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    If that was the last time you watched it, I doubt you will like it now.
    Forum Member
    Cobalt wrote: »
    Wouldn't waste your time on Emmerdale. It's very poor at the moment, is on too much and the characters all either speak in silly voices or try too hard to be funny :rolleyes:
    I live in hope that it'll improve, but you're right about the show. Silly characters are overpopulating it and 'comedy' has ruined it's balance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    You should give Emmerdale a go even after all these years. I dont watch Eastenders but I wouldnt tell anyone not to watch it.

Exactly! :):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snoopy33 wrote: »
    ELI lives in my town, very often see him :D:D

Wanna lodger?:D

Faye, just watch.
    I know you'll make up your own mind and don't need someone else to tell you whether you've enjoyed it or not and that you already ignore the self-styled experts who state opinions as facts.;):D
    Forum Member
    Rezeew wrote: »
    If that was the last time you watched it, I doubt you will like it now.
    You never know, there are those who like the way Emmerdale's gone panto. There does seem to be an awful lot of viewers who feel it's gone downhill though :eek:

I think these are generally the ones who recall how excellent Emmerdale once was :)