Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What i always love is Madonna and her ageless spark you know? Its like the Peter Pan effect. The idea of being forever youthful in character and showcase really...which is really appealing and attractive.

And yes i believe it is this that really put me off the imagery for both now that you mention it :P

the artwork for HC could have been so inspired..Willy WOnka/ironic but it felt way OTT photoshopped for the wrong reasons :(

Whereas this era Madonna really has exorcised the demons that plagued her while recording HC and she is happier, more scandalous and attractive than ever IMO :cool:

wasnt she gonna do the black madonna for hc but chickened out

And yes she is back on for this time and not controversial or button pushing but just joyous and happy
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Yes catch up and shout it from the highest mountain! over and over :cool:

Indeed I must, I dunno it's been an odd week haven't been focused :confused:
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm also so indecisive when it comes to which M show I want to watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    wasnt she gonna do the black madonna for hc but chickened out

And yes she is back on for this time and not controversial or button pushing but just joyous and happy

Yeah...i feel personally she should have gone with that original concept. Utilised the productions she worked on with Stu Price, Pet Shop Boys and original versions she did with Pharrell and have gone with it...bringing the past, current and future elements into it...would have really shown what was going on in her head much more.

And this era i feel she is going with her gut instinct really. I mean the controversy literally came from nowehere with MDNA as the name, the attention to the artwork was critically praised, the lead and follow up single have divided fans...and the snippets have recieved generally positive verdicts...and the lyrics are gonna be her most confessional and eprsonal ever....we are onto a winner :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Indeed I must, I dunno it's been an odd week haven't been focused :confused:

Oh no...Hav get the oils...Wizzy fetch the Something to Remember album, elasticlove draw the blinds...time to relaaaax BK....:D
    Forum Member
    Oh no...Hav get the oils...Wizzy fetch the Something to Remember album, elasticlove draw the blinds...time to relaaaax BK....:D

Sounds like heaven! As I've said to you on fb Josh times have been tough recently, MDNA is keeping me going though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like heaven! As I've said to you on fb Josh times have been tough recently, MDNA is keeping me going though

Naww yeah thats arite mate...we all have to stick together :) and whenever you need something to make ya smirk chances are ill be on here raving like crazy anyway :D

But yeah i understand how tough it can be in situations like that totally..here for ya bud...forums...FB wherever....im like syphilis...can catch me anywhere! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Naww yeah thats arite mate...we all have to stick together :) and whenever you need something to make ya smirk chances are ill be on here raving like crazy anyway :D

But yeah i understand how tough it can be in situations like that totally..here for ya bud...forums...FB wherever....im like syphilis...can catch me anywhere! :D

Haha or you can find me in a bad mood circa sunday evening sleep deprivation and hangover :p

As madonna said keep it keep it together ;)
    Forum Member

Haha aw thank you Josh you're the best! (coming across all American now wizzy ;)) What an odd comparison too! However it has substance, unlike Janet Jackson who's rather transparent at times, wouldn't you say? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha or you can find me in a bad mood circa sunday evening sleep deprivation and hangover :p

As madonna said keep it keep it together ;)

you gotta keep it together forever :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha aw thank you Josh you're the best! (coming across all American now wizzy ;)) What an odd comparison too! However it has substance, unlike Janet Jackson who's rather transparent at times, wouldn't you say? :D

im the best...aroooound....nothings gonna ever bring me down! :D...seriously kids...never believe your own hype! :D

Haha yeah....Janet is like a...paradox?
    Forum Member
    What language is Shanti/Ashtangi in? Is it Hindi, something similar to that or some language Madonna made up haha
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What language is Shanti/Ashtangi in? Is it Hindi, something similar to that or some language Madonna made up haha

Sanskrit?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm guessing Hebrew due to her Kabla inclinations which is Jewish in origin care to correct me
    Forum Member
    Sanskrit?

What country/countries does that originate from?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently elements of Im Addicted were meant to have Sanskrit recitings instead of the M..D...N...A title hook in a demo...hmmmmm.

I wonder if Im A Sinner includes any of these elements....cannot effing wait :D
    Forum Member
    im the best...aroooound....nothings gonna ever bring me down! :D...seriously kids...never believe your own hype! :D

Haha yeah....Janet is like a...paradox?

Haha oh my...oh my :D

Indeed she is ;) though I know nobody she knows
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing Hebrew due to her Kabla inclinations which is Jewish in origin care to correct me

Ah right and yeah you're right it is, it's not a religion is it? but more of spiritual ideology with no judgment...unlike a lot of religion in my opinion
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What country/countries does that originate from?

Sanskrit (संस्कृतम् saṃskṛtam [sə̃skɹ̩t̪əm], originally संस्कृता वाक् saṃskṛtā vāk, "refined speech"), is a historical Indo-Aryan language and the primary liturgical language of Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism.[note 1] Today, it is listed as one of the 22 scheduled languages of India[3] and is an official language of the state of Uttarakhand.[4] In Indo-European studies, Sanskrit occupies a pre-eminent position along with Greek and Latin

From wiki:)
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right. Every so often I come up with a hyperthetical idea for a Madonna album. Now MDNA is virtually upon us, I am now imagining her next album.

It is October 2014

Madonna is in Paris, wearing a beautiful tight dress, cleavage slightly revealed but sexily safe in her dress! It is a black dress with red flowers on. On her legs are ankle bracelets and she is looking totally gorgeous. Short hair, straight and looking like Liza Minnelli. This is a 56 year old woman who looks 40! The internet is full of threads suggesting "Madonna is trying too hard to look youthful". The media pick up on the fact that a 56 year old should not be making dance records and even, controversially, on BBC1's Question Time a question "Is it time for Madonna to start acting her age" was light heartedly discussed with a tory MP suggesting it wasn't, a Labour female MP who said she was still an icon for million of women around the world and a Daily Mail reporter suggesting that she is the sperm of satan.

Madonna is in Paris promoting her new album. There is to be no World Tour this time around as Madonna has decided to take 2 years off so that she can mentor her 18 year old daughter who has decided to become a professional dancer.

But between now and Christmas, a number of TV appearances have been arranged and on BBC1, as part of their recent hit "A Sunday Night With....." series, a whole show will be dedicated to Madonna who will perform 4 songs from her new albums.

Her new album is called : Distant Drums and is a cracker!

Like MDNA (the critically acclaimed album of 2012 which has sold 8.2 million copies worldwide) it starts off with a bang!

1) Thunder In The City
    A huge dance track produced by Madonna pal William Orbit. In the vein of Music's Runaway Lover but with a beat like Celebration, this is a great album opener. At the end of the song, she sings, without any instrumentation, a psalm before a mighty boom echoes throughout the speakers and we're straight into track 2 which is....
    2) Party Time
    Another great dance track, not quite as frenetic as track 1, but this time Stuart Price is the co-producer. Remember "Get Together"? Well this is that but on ecstacy!
    3) When I Remember Paradise
    This is a beautiful, meaningful song which highlights Madonna's maturing vocal style. It is the best ballad she's done since "Falling Free" and this is co-produced by William Orbit and her old collaborator Patrick Leonard.
    4) I Feel Like Crying
    Another tender ballad. Produced by Patrick Leonard and Stuart Price.
    5) If You Trust In Me
    After 2 melancholy, but beautiful tracks, the pace quickens! This is a beat laden song that will have you up dancing! Produced by Shep Pettibone and Tony Calderone.
    6) Distant Drums
    The title track and the UK Number 1 single. It's a belter of a song and the gospel choir are sublime! Another great track produced by Orbit and Leonard.
    7) Family Ties
    Hooray!!!! After 25 years this is the first Steve Bray and Madonna collaboration. It's very 80's and thank God for that! Great little dance track that won't tire you out!
    8) Faith
    A church organ opens this song. It starts off like a hymn, with the gospel choir of Distant Drums just humming beautifully in the background! Then it becomes a brilliant jazzy, electro number that will make you put it on repeat for days. Produced by Stuart Price and Patrick Leonard.
    9) Where You Are
    William Orbit's distinctive beats echo throughout this mid tempo number about her lost love.
    10) Bedazzled
    A cute, poppy little song, similar in style to "Amazing" but slower. This is the first real sign that the album is coming to an end. Co-produced by Mirwais Ahmadzai.
    11) Into the Night
    A big band ballad! A first for Madonna but brilliantly executed. Produced by Patrick Leonard.
    12) Once There Were Dreams
    Now there are memories. A sad song sort of highlighting the stardom Madonna has experienced. A fabulous ballad. Co-produced by William Orbit.
    13) The Last Dance
    This is by far saving the best until last. A very Abba-esque ballad that will leave you wanting to play the whole album again. A first too as this was co-produced by Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus. No wonder it sounds Abbaish!
    Forum Member
    Sanskrit (संस्कृतम् saṃskṛtam [sə̃skɹ̩t̪əm], originally संस्कृता वाक् saṃskṛtā vāk, "refined speech"), is a historical Indo-Aryan language and the primary liturgical language of Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism.[note 1] Today, it is listed as one of the 22 scheduled languages of India[3] and is an official language of the state of Uttarakhand.[4] In Indo-European studies, Sanskrit occupies a pre-eminent position along with Greek and Latin

From wiki:)

Ah thank you for that hav_mor! So it's really rooted in the Kabbalah and its origins

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Shanti-Ashtangi-lyrics-Madonna/C428F1C9BD521B134825688C000CF8BE Found the english translation, some very powerful and deeply spiritual rooted stuff!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha oh my...oh my :D

Indeed she is ;) though I know nobody she knows

Haha that interview is a killer!

I also love that one with Weird Al around the same sorta time :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah thank you for that hav_mor! So it's really rooted in the Kabbalah and its origins

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Shanti-Ashtangi-lyrics-Madonna/C428F1C9BD521B134825688C000CF8BE Found the english translation, some very powerful and deeply spiritual rooted stuff!

woah that is some pretty intensely spiritual stuff there.

No wonder it converted M....i mean reading stuff like that is very uplifting.
    Forum Member
    Haha that interview is a killer!

I also love that one with Weird Al around the same sorta time :D

Oh haven't seen that one! What and who was that interview with that Madonna did around 1995, the one she cried during and she mentioned her dream about Whitney?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh haven't seen that one! What and who was that interview with that Madonna did around 1995, the one she cried during and she mentioned her dream about Whitney?

Oh i have no idea...that was in 1995 wasnt it?? i cannot remember.

I will post the Weird Al one...i always PEE!!!!

And there was an Oprah interview she did...not sure when...may have been Music promo or in 2004 for American Life unsure. Where she met a family whos daughter worshipped Madonna and listening to Madonna got her through her chemotherapy when she was diagnosed with cancer...she passed away and the family met Madonna at the Oprah studio and they all were hugging and crying....i mean damn! how powerful is that? :cry::eek:
This discussion has been closed.