Options

Did you ever hate a contestant after they knocked out a contestant you liked?

Comments

• Options
    TXF0429TXF0429 Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't "hate" them, but I disliked Union J before the sing-off with Jade, but afterwards they were my least favourite for the rest of the competition. My favourites have a record of finishing 4th or 2nd, so not much annoyance here. Lloyd Daniels v anyone was irritating as was Maria v Conway Sisters, but not many apart from that.
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Nemokins wrote: »
    I was raging when Misha B put out Sophie Habibis. Really could not stand Misha, her voice irritates me :P

Yeah but at least you can say Misha was unique and original like Diana Vickers/Danyl Johnson/Cher Lloyd (the typical 4th placers). That's the reason the judges chose to save her every time.

Oh yeah and Eoghan was useless! He was good in the first few weeks but like Janet he became incredibly repetitive and there was no actual improvement in his performances. Don't know how he got past Ruth and Diana (both of whom deserved to be in the finals).

Also Matt Cardle winning when he sang Unfaithful horribly out of tune along with Rihanna's horrible out of pitch moaning...horrible performance that was and Matt still won??? Matt's beautiful and all but Rebecca should have won.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't "hate" any of them. I was annoyed at Marcus Canty in the US X Factor though after both Drew (one of my favorite X Factor contestants ever) and Rachel Crow went home over him. They were both far superior in talent as well imo.

I also got a little irritated when watching this season of the US X Factor again because I thought Emblem 3 were going to make the final instead of Fifth Harmony. I guess I jumped to conclusions a little that time :o I just didn't want a reasonably talented boy band with a pretty cocky attitude in the final over an amazing group of vocalists like FH.

I can't recall ever being annoyed at a contestant on the UK X Factor. I was a little miffed that Chris made it to the final over Union J (partly because Union J making it would have meant they would have needed to hire some non-judge duet partners) but I wasn't seriously annoyed about it.
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmeister2 wrote: »
    I don't "hate" any of them. I was annoyed at Marcus Canty in the US X Factor though after both Drew (one of my favorite X Factor contestants ever) and Rachel Crow went home over him. They were both far superior in talent as well imo.

I also got a little irritated when watching this season of the US X Factor again because I thought Emblem 3 were going to make the final instead of Fifth Harmony. I guess I jumped to conclusions a little that time :o I just didn't want a reasonably talented boy band with a pretty cocky attitude in the final over an amazing group of vocalists like FH.

I can't recall ever being annoyed at a contestant on the UK X Factor. I was a little miffed that Chris made it to the final over Union J (partly because Union J making it would have meant they would have needed to hire some non-judge duet partners) but I wasn't seriously annoyed about it.

The elimination of Miss Rachel Crow gave us the shining moment of Season 1. It's fine.
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Not particularly when someone was knocked out but when Louis called Ella the best female since Leona...

Hello? Alexandra? Rebecca? Ruth? Diana? Even Cher is better
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    The elimination of Miss Rachel Crow gave us the shining moment of Season 1. It's fine.

He reaction was so OTT that it was a bit embarassing. Then Nicole's waterworks... what a mess.

I did laugh though. :o
  • Options
    kenny7kenny7 Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to be Matt over Rebecca, she was so much better and it showed with their respective debut albums.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    monrose wrote: »
    I have. I still have a burning hatred toward Katie Weasel after she trounced Aiden. On X Factor USA, there was a group called Sister C (who I like to call Sister ****) and they got in over a far more talented group named Playback. Also, I briefly hated Rachel Hylton when she trounced Austin Drage back in Series 5. Anyone ever felt that kind of hatred towards another contesant? Feel free to discuss

Wait Playback? The manufactured boyband who looked like they were have an epileptic fit? I thought they were awful
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After Union J beat Jade, I started bitching "WHAT?!?!?", but I went back to quite liking them again afterwards, it was mainly my reaction to my last favourite going, and she was bottom to be fair.

I think still hating a contestant for surviving over a contestant you liked is very unfair. Perhaps Aiden's fans should have voted a bit more? It's their fault, not Katie's. :)

This.

Also was annoyed at Katie staying over Treyc, Cher stayng over Paije, Rylan staying over Carolynne/Kye and Lloyd staying over Rachel Adedeji
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I save all my loathing for Cowell
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    This.

Also was annoyed at Katie staying over Treyc, Cher stayng over Paije, Rylan staying over Carolynne/Kye and Lloyd staying over Rachel Adedeji
    All the best eliminations. What is this madness!? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the best eliminations. What is this madness!? :eek:

Talent going in favour of rubbish staying
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talent going in favour of rubbish staying
    Obvz not. Terrible preference on your part tbh. :sleep:
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,212
    Forum Member
    Hate is too strong a word

but

I loathe Cher Lloyd for staying over Paije

and

Katie Weasal for being in the finals on the grounds she is talentless
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    District 3 over Melanie Masson
    Eoghan Quigg over Diana Vickers
    Olly Murs over Stacey Solomon
    Katie Waissell over Treyc Cohen
    Same Difference, Leon and Rhydian over Niki Evans
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danyl staying over Miss Frank
    District 3 staying over Melanie Masson
    Eggnog Quigg staying over Diana Vickers
    Same Difference, Leon and Rhydian staying over Niki Evans
    Olly staying over Stacey Solomon
    Charlie Brook staying over Ashley Rob.. Oops wrong show. :)
    Katie staying over Treyc Cohen
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not particularly when someone was knocked out but when Louis called Ella the best female since Leona...

Hello? Alexandra? Rebecca? Ruth? Diana? Even Cher is better

I thought of Alex and Ruth too :)
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't blame any contestant but these decisions annoyed me.

Series one
    Trevor Callagahan staying instead of Cassie Compton:mad:

Series 2
    Chico Slimani staying instead of the Conway sisters

Series 6
    Jedward staying instead of Lucie Jones:mad:

Series 8
    Frankie Cocozza staying instead of Nu Vibe
    Misha staying instead of Kitty Brucknall

Series 9
    Rylan Clark staying instead of Carolynne Poole & Kye Sones
    Union j staying instead of Jade Eliis
    James Arthur staying instead of Ella Henderson.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I don't "hate" anyone but the following annoyed me
    MISHA B over Kitty & Janet (She got farther than she deserved EVEN IF Janet did forget her words the week she left...... Lol had Janet sung Chasing Cars instead of MmmBop she would have probably had a slight chance of staying)

Jedward over Lucie (That was pathetic & Jedward are a freaking joke lol)

Lloyd over Rachel A (uggggh don't get me started)
  • Options
    FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MISHA B over Kitty & Janet (She got farther than she deserved EVEN IF Janet did forget her words the week she left...... Lol had Janet sung Chasing Cars instead of MmmBop she would have probably had a slight chance of staying)

Who's laughing now? Jedward are, of course. It's no joke they survive and continue to make music. Three albums and counting. What is pathetic is people refuse to recognise they were 17/18 during X Factor 2009 and have improved their performance amazingly well. Some people are stuck in the past, bless. There is only one act which can win every season, the rest have to hope they have enough to sell to keep up appearances in showbusiness.

I hope Lucie is doing well too. :)
  • Options
    unicornsunicorns Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    wow.. so much hate for Union J here. I can kinda understand those saying Jade (even though I don't agree), but wow.. Rylan deserved to stay over Union J? I'm sorry, but no. I adore Rylan, but he should have left much earlier. Union J deserved to stay more, just because they actually did pretty well that week, and never should have been in the bottom in the first place. Maybe Rylan did sing better in the sing off, but Union J had much better performances that week and shouldn't have been in the bottom (Chris should have).

I never got the hype for Jade. She has a good voice, yes.. but she's not all that. The fact is that she had two bad performances in a row and deserved to be in the bottom (ok.. maybe Chris deserved it more, but still). I agree that she sang better in the sing off than Union J, who quite honestly sounded like crap. But the fact is that Union J never should have been in the bottom that week. Their performance was good, and got a lot of praise from the judges. I understand why the judges picked Union J over Jade to stay.

As for the question.. personally I'll mention two people: Rylan over Carolynne during the first week and just in general Christopher beating everyone all the way to the final. So many better and more talented acts left because he was still there.
  • Options
    CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, I usually save my "hate" for the voters and whispering producers instead.

Sing offs that made me seethe the most:

Chico vs The Conway Sisters- The show turned them into hate figures for ratings and Simon had to go and stick the boot in even further

Lucie vs Jedward- Because Cowell had spent the entire series slating Jedward and now turns around and saves them because they weren't scripted to go yet. Really highlighted what a farce the show was becoming.

Lloyd vs Rachel/Jame- Why did they want to keep him around?

Cher vs Mary- For the total farce the whole situation was. A real 2 fingers up at the audience who they clearly assume are as thick as s...

Misha vs Kitty-Because I loved Kitty

Misha vs Janet- Because Janet was given such a hard time and uphill struggle by the producers once they discovered she wasn't the midnless puppet they assumed she was. Their tactics had finally worked and you could sense the sheer smug joy eminating from the judges desk- primarily from the producer that lies on the floor. Plus, we were meant to believe Rowland couldn't decide between Janet and Misha- lol no.

Every single sing off in this year- Actually switched off after Jade went. Delighted I did. Awful series.
  • Options
    monrosemonrose Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wait Playback? The manufactured boyband who looked like they were have an epileptic fit? I thought they were awful

They were a million times better than the totally untalented Sister **** and Cowell made a big mistake by not picking them
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Every single sing off last series had the wrong result, especially Jade leaving against Union J.

Actually all bar one, Kye leaving over Rylan was correct
  • Options
    River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just came back from watching Jedward star in Dublin panto, Jedward and the Magic Lamp, where the show is basically written around them and they sing about 6 songs from their 3rd album. Met people who had flown to Dublin from UK, Germany, Sweden, Australia, Austria, Switzerland, USA, Canada and Singapore, probably people from loads of other places too, all there just to watch the Jedward show.

It seems Jedward are one of those lucrative and successful "jokes" that they are well and truly in on.

Meanwhile the 2nd series of Jedward's Dream Factory was on RTÉ all over Christmas period. The 2nd series of their BBC show Jedward's Big Adventure starts next week.