Junior Apprentice Zoe Plummer reminds me of Debra Barr

2»

Comments

• Eve3275Eve3275 Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaceman05 wrote: »
    i know that she did not deserve to go out yesterday, but what i really hate about the apprentice is when they say"let me be a team leader", as they know straight away that those 6 little words will keep them in, if she is that confident in her abilities why did she not want to be a team leader this week or last week, especially last week as it was selling in a market, and that is what she does for a living:eek:, its not a dig at her personally but at the program in general, as i bet when we get the adults version we hear those words at least 3 times.

So that she could play the "let me be team leader" card on siralan if she got into trouble - and she played it right. Putting yourself forward straight away isn't always the best thing because even if you win (as Hibah did last week), it means you can't use it as a boardroom strategy.

I still haven't seen her being a bitch though, she wears bitch red lipstick and thats it! :D
  • AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    "I still haven't seen her being a bitch though, she wears bitch red lipstick and thats it!"

I agree, she is no bitch. She is hilarious though, they all are.
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AntoniaA wrote: »
    "I still haven't seen her being a bitch though, she wears bitch red lipstick and thats it!"

I agree, she is no bitch. She is hilarious though, they all are.

Precisely why they are chosen.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    parthy wrote: »
    I know these kind of shows are heavily edited, believe me, but you can't make someone prattle on about how "charismatic" they are or whatever, they do that all by themselves!
    You sort-of can, by insisting on retake after retake until they give you what you want. Eventually they figure out they won't be going home until they do, and they decide it's just for television so they go along with it.
  • bluejumperbluejumper Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    spaceman05 wrote: »
    if she is that confident in her abilities why did she not want to be a team leader this week or last week, especially last week as it was selling in a market, and that is what she does for a living:eek:

In the first show/week they had to pick a team leader before they knew that the task was selling in a market...so she didnt know that she would be best for it!
    personally I dont trust Emma, She might be pretty but she has a look to her that says watch your back :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    You sort-of can, by insisting on retake after retake until they give you what you want. Eventually they figure out they won't be going home until they do, and they decide it's just for television so they go along with it.

That's probably nearer the truth than most viewers realise. Besides you never know what loaded questions are asked bearing in mind the producers know what is coming up and how they want to edit each and every candidate.

I don't remember either Paula or Howard from last year saying anything stupid direct to camera. Either not as full of themselves as some or they kept their wits about them.

The producers may flatter them by saying 'oh that's brilliant tv, makes you memorable'. Noticed some quoting these 'soundbites' (eg. on their twitter profiles) after their series of TA had finished.
    Sadly not recognising the difference between laughing with and laughing at.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a spoiler as it's in the trailers, but do you think Ms Plummer might gain the nickname 'cupcake'? Probably out of earshot though :rolleyes:
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bluejumper wrote: »
    Personally I dont trust Emma, She might be pretty but she has a look to her that says watch your back :(

Agreed, Rhys is the other one who seems to sit at the back sharpening his knives...
  • acfacf Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    She's nasty, keeps turning her head to make dirty faces, and she's got that lippy all over her teeth hehehehe
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Interesting story, Cunningham. I suspect your experiance was down to her being out of her depth more than being female - plenty of males suffer from "the Peter Principle" too ;).
    As for zoe - I suspect the program makers have decided she looks the part of the b*tch so thats how shes going to be portrayed. Its early days yet but from some of the things said last week I'd watch my back around Emma, Hibah and Rhys far more than Zoe.

I totally agree with you! What you see is what you get with Zoe, she is very up front and very savvy for a 16 year old! I really like her and although she has admitted that she is not that good at figures she is a very good sales person and acts very business like around adults! Last week she gave a fantastic sales pitch. I think that most of the others feel threatened by her and would love to have her out of the race because they know that she is a big contender for the prize!

As for Emma, Hibah and Rhys they would stab you in the back as quick as looking at you as Rhys proved tonight in the boardroom. He was a right little shyster, who done nothing and put hardly any suggestions into the job but then tried to turn it around on the others. So glad that SA fired him even though Nick tried sticking up for him! What was Nick watching tonight? Something completely different to us I think!
  • JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    I totally agree with you! What you see is what you get with Zoe, she is very up front and very savvy for a 16 year old! I really like her and although she has admitted that she is not that good at figures she is a very good sales person and acts very business like around adults! Last week she gave a fantastic sales pitch. I think that most of the others feel threatened by her and would love to have her out of the race because they know that she is a big contender for the prize!

As for Emma, Hibah and Rhys they would stab you in the back as quick as looking at you as Rhys proved tonight in the boardroom. He was a right little shyster, who done nothing and put hardly any suggestions into the job but then tried to turn it around on the others. So glad that SA fired him even though Nick tried sticking up for him! What was Nick watching tonight? Something completely different to us I think!

I'm switching myself round to Zoe, although initially I thought I was really going to dislike her.

She's proven more than most for the past 3 shows so far and that says a lot for a young girl who's only 16 years old.

Now that Rhys and Hibah are out of the running, I think Emma is the one that she's going to have to watch. ;) In fact, I've noticed that they barely showed Emma right up until tonight's show. The other one is Hannah. I think it's all going to depend on who gets on with who out of the girls to see how they all try and set one another up.

Kirsty is still the dark horse though, as she's bound to be seen as the least threatening out of them all. :)
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Rhys was a useless PM, but it's also true that the team stabbed him in the back. They manipulated him into being PM, then gave him not an iota of respect throughout.
    Forum Member
    Rhys was a useless PM, but it's also true that the team stabbed him in the back. They manipulated him into being PM, then gave him not an iota of respect throughout.

The way that he fought it out in the boardroom, and also from what he said in the footage to the camera team earlier in the show about nobody being able to beat him, I think he thought out a strategy beforehand of making out that he was manipulated into it.

If you think about it, he was a very astute and intelligent kid......probably more so than his fellow teammates. However, he overshot himself and painted a story in the boardroom that was nothing less than incredulous had you not seen with your own eyes how unwilling he was to 'lead' his team.

He was shit as a project manager, and it seemed deliberately so, because his strategy was to blame the others for bullying him into it and then not standing by him.

LA, thankfully, seen through it, as did I and many others. The guy should take up politics. :p;)
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JTW wrote: »
    The way that he fought it out in the boardroom, and also from what he said in the footage to the camera team earlier in the show about nobody being able to beat him, I think he thought out a strategy beforehand of making out that he was manipulated into it.

If you think about it, he was a very astute and intelligent kid......probably more so than his fellow teammates. However, he overshot himself and painted a story in the boardroom that was nothing less than incredulous had you not seen with your own eyes how unwilling he was to 'lead' his team.

He was shit as a project manager, and it seemed deliberately so, because his strategy was to blame the others for bullying him into it and then not standing by him.

LA, thankfully, seen through it, as did I and many others. The guy should take up politics. :p;)

But we saw the process of appointing a PM. Tim and Hannah thought either Rhys or Kirsty should do it because they'd worked in restuarants, but both made it very clear that they weren't keen. And Tim certainly wasn't wanting the role. Rhys eventually agreed, but his reluctance was plain. Tim's description of his eagerness to be PM was an out-and-out lie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

True that. But really have any of them been decent PM's?
    Perhaps that's explained by none having any experience of controlling a team or at least leading one comprised of strangers. It also requires a knowledge of how you might come across and that takes some years to appreciate. On the adult Apprentice most will have that experience and understand the lead/be led roles.

I think Zoe had the right idea not to try and dominate (which is a surprise) but delegate. The team became more of a co-operative really.

Tim, despite everything, does seem to have natural authority as far as the others are concerned. So he might prove to be the nearest to typical PM we will see on the JA
    Forum Member
    But we saw the process of appointing a PM. Tim and Hannah thought either Rhys or Kirsty should do it because they'd worked in restuarants, but both made it very clear that they weren't keen. And Tim certainly wasn't wanting the role. Rhys eventually agreed, but his reluctance was plain. Tim's description of his eagerness to be PM was an out-and-out lie.

And in a way this is where Tim outwitted Rhys.

If Rhys wasn't so egotistical to take the role on and think no matter what and that he'd win in the boardroom anyway, he'd have made Tim take the role on and stood his ground on it.

Why? Because after two boardroom meetings, he should know that LA was getting peeved off with Tim taking a backseat.

This was Rhys' attack and goal.............make Tim be PM!

But instead, he 'allowed' himself to be manipulated because he thought he could out strategerize (sp) his opponents. And worse, he did nothing at all throughout the whole task to lend to his case as in helping anyone out in selling or even attempting to be a PM.

He put all his balls in the one court and lost out big style in his gamble. LA seen it for what it was and probably decided on the fact that he did zilch in the task itself no matter how good he was in the boardroom against Tim and Hannah, and especially against Tim.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm switching myself round to Zoe, although initially I thought I was really going to dislike her.
    I still like her, although she didn't perform especially well as leader. Emma seemed better in many ways (although not so hot on quantities.)

I loved Zoe's negotiation to become leader, though, giving Emma "top chef" job.
    Kirsty is still the dark horse though, as she's bound to be seen as the least threatening out of them all. :)
    It seems to me she's one of the strongest performers, and more or less did Rhys's job on the first day yesterday.
    And in a way this is where Tim outwitted Rhys.
    And it seemed to me it was Kirsty who did for Rhys, and Tim merely went along with it. Both Kirsty and Rhys had resturant experience, but she pushed him forward. And then in the boardroom she said he had wanted to take the role - that his eyes lit up at the prospect. She said this first, and again Tim just followed her lead.

Rhys was rubbish, though.
  • UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • PeteJBPeteJB Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They always have an amazing bitch every year. KATIE HOPKINS WAS THE BEST!