The Apprentice 2012 Spoilers Thread *caution: may be spoilers*

Comments

• TXF0429TXF0429 Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Malik24 wrote: »
    I also believe that is Jade's coat and Laura's is longer anyway... so I'm up for a Laura firing this episode as well. There is a shoe, it's very very blink and you'll miss it, at the very start of the doorway clip leaving to the right. So that will be Adam or Jenna; the one who isn't fired in the week 9 task.

Yeah, I just saw it. Not sure if this image will show it, but I've had a go!

http://postimage.org/image/4elfpqt5h/
    Double firing should be week 10 (wine task) because we've yet to have one and there will be 6 people in the SF otherwise.

Probably; I can't see there being more than 4 in the final.
    Unless it can be connected to another ep, Stephen golf clip is probably the Semi Final challenge (last year they did Interviews in the final, they may well repeat that this year). Or week 9 task if not scavenger.

Yeah; we have no way of knowing where its from, though. It's not to do with art, scavenger hunt or wine.
    The clip of Stephen and Gabrielle in car is dark, which may suggest it's the same task as Tom and Adam running out of a bank at dark. But they have a folder on their laps which I can't see they'd need in a scavenger hunt task (I assume for now that's just speculation, though, unless someone knows week 9 is scavenger).

That was a guess from me. Maybe; we will hopefully find out what the elusive Week 9 task will be tonight on the Radio Times website.
  • ellie-wellieellie-wellie Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    Episode 9 is 'English Bubbles'.

'Alan Sugar invites the hopefuls to the longest champagne bar in Europe, at St Pancras International - but he is not buying them bubbly. It is just the introduction to the latest task, which entails raising awareness of English sparkling wine, which equals its continental counterparts in quality but not market dominance. They must come up with a marketing campaign for their drink of choice, devising a distinct brand to compete with cava, prosecco and champagne. But when some of the candidates end up tipsy, it seems their rivals may end up drunk on success'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 9 is 'English Bubbles'.

'Alan Sugar invites the hopefuls to the longest champagne bar in Europe, at St Pancras International - but he is not buying them bubbly. It is just the introduction to the latest task, which entails raising awareness of English sparkling wine, which equals its continental counterparts in quality but not market dominance. They must come up with a marketing campaign for their drink of choice, devising a distinct brand to compete with cava, prosecco and champagne. But when some of the candidates end up tipsy, it seems their rivals may end up drunk on success'.

So basically its the Advertising task? Interesting. This confirms that Laura gets fired next week, but if the Adam/Tom bank clip is from next week, then Adam could go...
  • annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TXF0429 wrote: »
    So basically its the Advertising task? Interesting. This confirms that Laura gets fired next week, but if the Adam/Tom bank clip is from next week, then Adam could go...

:cry::cry::cry:

Laura going? I think all of my favourites are jinxed :(
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    It seems likely that Laura will go next week, but if the Tom & Adam clip is next week then there's a chance she'll make it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But Tom is with Laura in the episode preview, and Adam with Jade, I don't see why they'd swap subteams mid-task. Furthermore, I can't see why they'd need to go to a bank in an art task anyway (to be fair, why would they need to go to a bank at all?). I don't think that clip is from next week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But Tom is with Laura in the episode preview, and Adam with Jade, I don't see why they'd swap subteams mid-task. Furthermore, I can't see why they'd need to go to a bank in an art task anyway (to be fair, why would they need to go to a bank at all?). I don't think that clip is from next week.

Tom and Adam appear to be running out of Miller Harris, the luxury fragrance store and not the bank which is next to it.There are a couple of art galleries a few doors away but they run past them too.So it's more likely that this clip is from the later scavenger hunt task (week 10?).
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    frally wrote: »
    Tom and Adam appear to be running out of Miller Harris, the luxury fragrance store and not the bank which is next to it.There are a couple of art galleries a few doors away but they run past them too.So it's more likely that this clip is from the later scavenger hunt task (week 10?).

Looks like it, which might mean that the Stephen and Gabrielle clip is from that same task (both are at night, but remember that this was shot in the autumn, so nightfall would be early).

Stephen seems to be in most of the new intro clips, though that does not mean that he will make the final (I remember in past series that Liz and Melody were in countless intro clips).

So, with the wine task being next (after the street artists task), this means that we missed both Adam and Jenna in the doorway opening (seeing only a shadow from one of them).

P.S. The new intro clips also lack any kind of hint as to what happens with Jenna and Jade (even more females getting fired after next week??). Yeah, Nick is also missing, but think that he is pretty safe (having said that, two of his strongest competitors have already been fired).
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still think it's odd that so much of the TO preview is devoted to Sterling being "smug". I'm not surprised at Laura going given that Lordalan was clearly gunning for her this week and she's done nothing of note since he gave her his Big Warning, but this just seems another thing to bode well for an eventual Tom win, BAH.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But they have a folder on their laps which I can't see they'd need in a scavenger hunt task

In last series they carried a black ring binder during the scavenger task, it had one item named per page e.g. cloche, and the teams referred to it in the car. So it could easily be that task.

Whatever else happens I just want Adam to go. Beyond caring about the rest tho not fond of Stephen or Laura.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    frally wrote: »

Ah yeah, definitely not the bank. I'll take your word on the fragrance store - if they're looking for luxury perfume as a special item, that would fit a scavenger task.
    Monkseal wrote: »
    I still think it's odd that so much of the TO preview is devoted to Sterling being "smug". I'm not surprised at Laura going given that Lordalan was clearly gunning for her this week and she's done nothing of note since he gave her his Big Warning, but this just seems another thing to bode well for an eventual Tom win, BAH.

Hmmmm. It could just be editing to make it look like Sterling will lose that task then, voila, they will win. Since noncompetitors like Stephen are most likely to gloat, it probably only reflects badly on them if they do it. Although having called Stephen a noncompetitor, he will be approaching win #6 with no BR showings...
    In last series they carried a black ring binder during the scavenger task, it had one item named per page e.g. cloche, and the teams referred to it in the car. So it could easily be that task.

Whatever else happens I just want Adam to go. Beyond caring about the rest tho not fond of Stephen or Laura.

The folder has picture and writing on - doesn't look like one item per page - but you'd know more than me; does it look like the ones used last year?

Ricky being in a rush (he says it after the suck eggs thing) could also fit scavenger task; but he's alone which may make him part of a 3 person team (being one man subteam)? With a selective photoshot (other teammate may be near) and possibly him needing to rush in another task, though, that's mostly conjecture.

And if Adam notbank clip is scavenger task (unconfirmed, but looking more likely), then he survives at least 2 weeks, haha.

Just another thought, but it's again not based on anything concrete. Would they be walking out of the doorway in their team order at that time, or just random?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking that, but didn't post because I thought it'd be too wanky! I'm so glad someone's on the same wavelength! It looks to me, based on that, like Ricky Martin is the one ported over to Phoenix following their up-coming loss in Task 8, and then Jenna gets fired on Task 9, leaving the first four out the door as Nu-Phoenix, and the clump of Stephen, Gabrielle and Nick at the back as Nu-Sterling. I also noticed that Gabrielle is wearing the same coat in that clip as she is in the car-clip with Stephen. (You're right - that dossier doesn't look like ones they've used before for the 10 Item Task, but on the other hand it looks like Gabrielle has a Yellow Pages on her lap, which is a very 10 Items Task thing to have, so...)

If that's the case then it seems the clip of Ricky has to be from Task 11 if he's on a one-man subteam, but it also sounds like he's negotiating for something, which suggests the 10 Item Task. It's all a bit confusing.

As people keep mentioning it, do we have 10-Item/Scavenger confirmed, or is it just a guess based on the clips/usual business?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ricky being in a rush (he says it after the suck eggs thing) could also fit scavenger task; but he's alone which may make him part of a 3 person team (being one man subteam)? With a selective photoshot (other teammate may be near) and possibly him needing to rush in another task, though, that's mostly conjecture.

All very plausible, if current firing rates are continued then Week 10 will be a 3 v 4 task. If Week 9 is a double firing then Week 10 will be 3 v 3.
    And if Adam notbank clip is scavenger task (unconfirmed, but looking more likely), then he survives at least 2 weeks, haha.

This is my biggest issue with this clip being Scavenger Hunt task. :( Adam making the Final 7 would be a bit of a joke.
    Just another thought, but it's again not based on anything concrete. Would they be walking out of the doorway in their team order at that time, or just random?

If its going to a task briefing, as I assume it is, then I would imagine they wouldn't be any particular order. It will be interesting to see which team member from Sterling goes over to Phoenix in Week 9, but if we are to take the Stephen and Gabrielle clip as Week 10, then I think its probably Nick or Jenna.

Not really a spoiler, but Jade is away this weekend:

https://twitter.com/#!/TheRealJadeNash/status/198441722487910401

which pretty well tells us Laura will be fired. I've been studying Laura's Twitter, but she hasn't mentioned her life atm, so I guess we need to wait until Sunday to see if she'll head down to London (which would pretty well confirm her departure)

My prediction for the next few weeks is as follows:

Week 8 (Street Art)
    Phoenix

Tom (PM)
    Adam
    Jade
    [F]Laura[F]

Sterling

Gabrielle (PM)
    Jenna
    Nick
    Ricky
    Stephen
    Week 9 (Advertising)
    Phoenix

Jade (PM) (Because she's creative etc. and at this stage I think she'll want to prove herself)
    Adam
    Nick
    Tom

Sterling

[F]Jenna (PM)[F]
    Gabrielle
    Ricky
    Stephen
    Week 10 (Scavenger Hunt)
    Phoenix

[F]Adam (PM)[F]
    Jade
    Nick
    Tom

Sterling

Ricky (PM)
    Gabrielle
    Stephen

Knowing how my predictions have gone in the past, this is probably horribly wrong! However, I do think these people will be the Final 6.
    My theory for Week 11 is that the winning team will go through to the final and Sugar will only let one person from the losing go through to the final making a Final 4. So the double firing in effect will happen then.
    As people keep mentioning it, do we have 10-Item/Scavenger confirmed, or is it just a guess based on the clips/usual business?

Just an assumption for now, but I'll call it an educated one! ;)

With the fact that Gabrielle has a Yellow Pages, I'm inclined to think that that clip, the one with Adam and Tom running and the Ricky sucking eggs clip are all the Scavenger Hunt task.
  • Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    Jenna fired? :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tfan26 wrote: »
    Jenna fired? :(

I only say that because she's not in any new preview clips. Its not looking good for her long-term.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Well, here are ten quotes from next week episode:

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/spoilers/teasers/3636-the-apprentice-series-8-week-8-teasers

I wonder who will be saying what?

From the indication given in the clip at the BBC website, I'd say that the first quote must Tom's:D And from the trailer, we know that th last one is Karren

I could totally see Adam say quotes 2, 4 and 8, although I wouldn't put 2 past Stephen and I could quite see Nick (the older) saying 4:p

I think 9 could be said by anyone from Phoenix as, if I guessed correctly from the trailers,Tom is going to go for some of those massive artworks we saw

I must say these quotes, especially the first one, comfort me in the impression that they've been setting up Tom for a big fall over the last few weeks, always showing him as getting it right and pretty blameless in all tasks and very cool and collected in the boardroom, and that this may contrast with this week where it's all gonna be about highlighting that he can be overconfident and that it could cost him a task

If that turns out to be indeed the case, then we'll quickly know if he's a strong candidate for the final. He could well emerge from it an even stronger favorite or head for an even bigger fall - this will all depend on whether he can manage adversity as well as he's managed everything else so far
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope 3 is a very special Rory Laing cameo.
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope 3 is a very special Rory Laing cameo.

I'd like that too. He could come back every series exhorting the male members of each team to remove a different article of clothing each time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of the quotes, like 2 and 3 were shown in the next time/YF preview.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura hasn't tweeted since Saturday. Since You're Fired is meant to take place in about two hours, I think this means she's in London and doesn't want people to know (as all her tweets tell everyone where she is).

As for other members of Phoenix (who we know lose the task on Wednesday):

Jade is in Oxford, so unlikely to trek down to London for YF:

https://twitter.com/#!/TheRealJadeNash/status/199482433190637569

Tom's going to Upton Park to watch the football:

https://twitter.com/#!/Thomas_Gearing/status/199481622356168704

Adam, I think, is still in Manchester and had a night out last night:

https://twitter.com/#!/TheAdamCorbally/status/199472119296430080

Ultimately, it doesn't look good for Laura.

Atm, I'm:

75% sure Laura goes
    20% sure Adam goes
    5% sure Jenna goes

Everyone else is seen in future clips anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the upcoming Street Art task, I found this information/comments from some of the art collectors who attended both teams' art sales:

Phoenix's artists: Copyright and James Jessop

Sterling's artists: Pure Evil (PE) and Nathan Bowen

PE is the most famous of the four artists

Nathan Bowen worked live at the art show and his piece was auctioned at the end

PE seemed to sell the most

A couple of the apprentices didn't really have a clue about the artists when some of the collectors spoke to them

The way the apprentices handled the prints was "absolutely shocking" (some prints devalued/damaged)

One collector was mortified to find that the really nice and polite "lad" that he asked to look after his car outside Phoenix's gallery later turned out to be one of the apprentices. But he did buy something off him so it wasn't all bad. Sounds like Tom lol!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Sugar saying "You put down the gauntlet, now I expect you to win" - judging by Monkseal's preview posted earlier, that's probably this week too.

I was wondering about that, but checking again that scene and the preview images from the boardroom, LS doesn't wear the same tie so I'd say it's probably from a later task....
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    TXF0429 wrote: »
    Laura hasn't tweeted since Saturday. Since You're Fired is meant to take place in about two hours, I think this means she's in London and doesn't want people to know (as all her tweets tell everyone where she is).

As for other members of Phoenix (who we know lose the task on Wednesday):

Jade is in Oxford, so unlikely to trek down to London for YF:https://twitter.com/#!/TheRealJadeNash/status/199482433190637569

Tom's going to Upton Park to watch the football:

https://twitter.com/#!/Thomas_Gearing/status/199481622356168704

Adam, I think, is still in Manchester and had a night out last night:

https://twitter.com/#!/TheAdamCorbally/status/199472119296430080

Ultimately, it doesn't look good for Laura.

Atm, I'm:

75% sure Laura goes
    20% sure Adam goes
    5% sure Jenna goes

Everyone else is seen in future clips anyway.

Trek down to London - it`s only an hour by train ... well here`s hoping anyway !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »
    Trek down to London - it`s only an hour by train ... well here`s hoping anyway !

She tweeted again about BGT whilst YF was still being filmed. It''s Laura getting fired this week, I'm sure of it.

I have a further theory about who gets fired in Week 9 and I'll post it in a bit.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Well if you`re right I can`t wait to see the BR tomorrow night - she won`t go down without a fight :)