Comments

• RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes that story was wrapped up.

http://dexter.wikia.com/wiki/Joe_Jensen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    I personally don't think they'll involve Harrison in any major way in the finale. The only thing we might get is a teaser of sorts where the final scene is something like Harrison standing by a dead animal with a blood stain on his hand or something like that - a subtle hint of what might be to come.

I agree that the Harrison reveal, should it happen, will come right at the end of the last episode. My last post was based on what will happen to Harrison post-Dexter.

I like your scenario of him standing by a dead animal with blood on his hands but even better would be him looming over the lifeless body of Quinn, one of the least likeable characters in Dexter (my opinion, of course!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    Yes that story was wrapped up.

http://dexter.wikia.com/wiki/Joe_Jensen

Thank you. Now you highlight it, I actually remember the story line.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    furry_face wrote: »
    This scenario will stem from Dexter's murder by the hands of his own sister when she realises she can't live with herself for covering up his crimes.
    They've already had Debs try to murder Dexter once for that reason; I can't see them repeating it.
    OK, so Harrison could be bundled off to his in-laws but his inherent psychopathic tendencies will be the basis of the finale.
    What inherent psychopathic tendencies? Dexter is the way he is because of a childhood trauma. Harrison has had no such trauma. There's no genetic component, so no reason to think Harrison is especially likely to become a psychopath.
    I knew Hannah would be back at some point as well, but i did like the way they did it.
    It looked like she poisoned Debs. That seemed a bit unnecessary.
  • MiniEmmaMiniEmma Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »

What inherent psychopathic tendencies? Dexter is the way he is because of a childhood trauma. Harrison has had no such trauma. There's no genetic component, so no reason to think Harrison is especially likely to become a psychopath.

Didn't Dexter find Harrison sitting in his mother's blood next to the bath tub containing her corpse?
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trinity did indeed leave Harrison in his mothers blood.

As Trinity was trying to make history repeat itself one assume's Harrison would also have witnessed Rita being murdered?

So, do we think Deb is going to kill Hannah? And where is it all going with Zac and Dr Vogal?

Questions, questions, LOL.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MiniEmma wrote: »
    Didn't Dexter find Harrison sitting in his mother's blood next to the bath tub containing her corpse?
    True, but at the time we were assured this would not affect him because he was so young.

I doubt Zak killed the neighbour. However, he's pretty unlikeable so I can't see him turning into Dexter's replacement, or even surviving the season. I don't see how Dexter can end up with Hannah unless he too becomes a fugitive; him and her fleeing the country could make a reasonable end to the show. I doubt Debra would go with them. I doubt Dexter could forgive either woman killing the other, so I guess they'll both survive or both die.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't know Rastamouse was popular in America, perhaps a subtext that like him Dexter with Zak is trying to make a "bad ting good"!
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, so now I'm thinking Vogal IS the one thats removing people's brains?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ I hope it's not. One reason is that it would be too obvious. Another is that in the scene where she receives a gift from the surgeon, she acted all surprised even though there was no-one there to see it. I'd consider it bad writing/cheating if she put it on solely for the viewers. I did wonder whether she might have multiple personalities, but that would be lame. At any rate, I don't think she can be working alone because I don't think she's strong enough.

Part way through the episode I wondered whether Quinn was responsible for framing Zak. He has some motivation, in that he believes Zak is guilty of the other murder. He also knows enough about Zak's previous crime to be able to reproduce it. However, on reflection now I think it would be too much of a stretch for the character. Also he'd surely have been even more insistent that Dexter find his DNA at the scene, and surprised when Dexter said he didn't. He'd have known Dexter was lying.

There's no doubt that someone set up Zak by planting his blood. It had to have been someone familiar enough with his earlier murder to replicate it. And someone who knew Zak had at least been to Dexter's place, and ideally knew he had met the victim and her boyfriend. I guess it's hard to see anyone other than Vogal fitting. But the person who framed Zak may not be the person who killed him.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the dinner table Vogel admitted her interest in her field of work was triggered by an incident long ago. She certainly seemed momentarily upset, so despie being "long ago" it's something that still has some sort emotional hold over her. If I was to guess I'd say the resolution to this particular storyline will be connected to that incident.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Just watched last nights episode and it explains most things now ;) can't wait to see who survives to the end of the season
  • wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is fast becoming one of the worst season's of Dexter, even more so that this is the 'final' season. We've only got 4 episodes left and there is zero tension.

It feels like the writers aren't even trying to set up an end-game. I remember I couldn't wait to watch the next episode when it came out now it feels like a chore to watch. This is even more apparent after watching the final season of Breaking Bad.
  • 5 a day5 a day Posts: 12,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is fast becoming one of the worst season's of Dexter, even more so that this is the 'final' season. We've only got 4 episodes left and there is zero tension.

It feels like the writers aren't even trying to set up an end-game. I remember I couldn't wait to watch the next episode when it came out now it feels like a chore to watch.

I've more or less felt like that since series 5 :o
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think the scene with Vogel holding the jar so soon after Dexter discovered Zach was just far too obvious, although I suppose they could always go with the obvious anyway as people will be trying to convince themselves it won't be her.

Did anyone notice that Yvonne Strahovski's bosoms seem to have been airbrushed out of "that" scene at the end ?

Don't get me wrong, I'm aware of what laying down and gravity does to a woman's chest area, but when she rolled over and Dex was on top of her, she quite literally had nothing there!

It was an impressive scene, but only for the fact they managed to keep all her bits so well concealed with so much moving about ! :)
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would rather it is Vogel and we get to see the reasons why in the remaining episodes than there be a twist just so there can be a twist.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do think the scene with Vogel holding the jar so soon after Dexter discovered Zach was just far too obvious, although I suppose they could always go with the obvious anyway as people will be trying to convince themselves it won't be her.

Did anyone notice that Yvonne Strahovski's bosoms seem to have been airbrushed out of "that" scene at the end ?

Don't get me wrong, I'm aware of what laying down and gravity does to a woman's chest area, but when she rolled over and Dex was on top of her, she quite literally had nothing there!

It was an impressive scene, but only for the fact they managed to keep all her bits so well concealed with so much moving about ! :)

She probably had pasties on.
  • Purple OrchidPurple Orchid Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't get the image of Dexter's beige socks being kept on out of my head :(
    His bum looked so cute & the socks just ruined any sexiness at all. It was quite an awkward scene anyway, the least spontaneously passionate scene between Dex & Hannah so far...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    She probably had pasties on.

I don't doubt that at all, but in this one particular shot, she was completely flat chested and pasties wouldn't have done that. They're just designed to protect your modesty - not completely flatten your chest,
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure I trust Deborahs boss either. He's up to summit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok i had to .. probably safe for work but don't chance it if you're not sure ..

the magically disappearing bosoms ..

http://i42.tinypic.com/29axlkw.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    There isn't an episode in the US this weekend, and they're a week ahead of us so do we lose a week at some point? Or areFox going to run ep11 then 12 the next day, to allow for the time difference so that America still gets it first? Or even live so like 2am like sky did with Fringe?
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this series really is going out with a splutter. I am actually considering not bothering to watch the rest of it. I think its a case of a series going on too long, the characters are now all boring, nothing they do can surprise, their silly sub plots ar ejust painful. Dexter has turned into a bit of a joke. Its not as bad as prison breaks last season but its a good example of a series being great then imploding on itself.

from season 1 to around 4, each season seemed to have a theme or meaning, after those themes were used up I think it ran its course, its been treading water since. now i dont really care.
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It feels like the writers aren't even trying to set up an end-game. I remember I couldn't wait to watch the next episode when it came out now it feels like a chore to watch. This is even more apparent after watching the final season of Breaking Bad.

Totally agree. Breaking Bad is showing how it's done right now. If I only just found out that the entire series was coming to an end in a few episodes time I'd be very surprised.
  • 5 a day5 a day Posts: 12,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dexter gets a bit of a slating in The Guardian: Have to see I agree.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2013/aug/27/dexter-series-finale