iPad

2»

Comments

• Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never had an issue with typing on an iPad, whereas others may find it awkward due to the size of the lack of physical keys.

You can always use a Bluetooth keyboard if you want/need a physical one. Apple does its own, but any will do.

What else do you want a tablet for?
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    louise1966 wrote: »
    what is the ipad like when you are typing?
    I think you'll have to try it yourself. Some people find typing on a tablet ok, some can't abide it. FWIW I'm firmly in the second camp (but that's on a Google Nexus 7).

Bear in mind that with a tablet you haven't got a mouse either, which makes precise positioning impossible and removes the facility to drift the mouse pointer over buttons to discover their purpose. This, and the tiny screen, all makes the experience even more frustrating.

IMHO tablets make nice portable toys for watching videos and playing simple games and not much else, but can't replace computers. Other opinions are available :)
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John259 wrote: »
    I think you'll have to try it yourself. Some people find typing on a tablet ok, some can't abide it. FWIW I'm firmly in the second camp (but that's on a Google Nexus 7).

Bear in mind that with a tablet you haven't got a mouse either, which makes precise positioning impossible and removes the facility to drift the mouse pointer over buttons to discover their purpose. This, and the tiny screen, all makes the experience even more frustrating.

IMHO tablets make nice portable toys for watching videos and playing simple games and not much else, but can't replace computers. Other opinions are available :)

Before I bought a tablet, I would have agreed with you. But now that I've got one, I rarely use anything else at home.
    Actually, when most people analyse their activities (outside of work) on their desktop or laptop, the tablet is a pleasant and convenient substitute for 80% or more of those activities.
    Obviously, it doesn't replace a desktop/laptop for working at home, but purely for leisure activities, I couldn't live without one now.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The announcement of a fifth generation iPad is expected to be just around the corner. I would hold out for that if I were you OP.
    This.

Even if you don't want a new one, the existing models will undoubtedly drop in price.