James Arthur-Impossible - Tired and Ageing Badly

2»

Comments

• SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Musick1 wrote: »
    That's rubbish!!
    The winners single has become predictable. It doesn't have to be sentimental.
    Pass the sick bucket :yawn:

I was talking from the perspective of the producers or whoever decides these things, not my own opinion. They think we want slush, so that's what they keep delivering. I'm all for an uptempo track. What I meant is they insist on having the "emotional" montages in the videos so I can't see the song being upbeat, contrasting with all the slow motion. Of course, they could always not rush release the winner's song and give us a proper video...but that won't happen!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Musick1 wrote: »
    Its only about a month old or so but WOW its ageing badly.
    Am I the only person who is bored of the song already.
    It may be a top selling song but for me its already sounding tired.

Anyone else bored of it by now?

I still don't mind it, when it first released i really liked it but not so much anymore.
  • MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kryskrys wrote: »
    I agree. This is the Australian X Factor winners single for 2012: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DH1_JWD5I8

It's upbeat, it's not a cover, it has a proper video and it's an amazing song. I think they should do the same kind of thing in the UK.

Remember...the British version is to make money for Cowell. The judges are puppets, the act is exploited.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    such negativity.... :(

I heard the song a lot in the first 3 weeks but not heard much since the last week; its being played a lot on the radio this week....and I have to say it still sounded fresh and I appreciated the song and his voice .... so I am really looking forward to his debut album. A true talent from XF is a rare thing...and it seems we may have a worthy winner. I just hope he invests time and follows his own instincts for orginality and creativity.
  • Dave1979Dave1979 Posts: 1,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sick of hearing it on the radio, didn't like it to begin with but hate it more now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Thanks to the person who posted the Australian X Factor winners single above. :)

Very interesting set up they had with that in which the winner released a brand new song and not a cover.
    It's also worth noting that said winner (Samantha Jade) released an album around 3 weeks after her X Factor win and debut single being released - but the album was just all the songs she sang on the show! :eek:

It's good that over here the winner gets to spend a good 6 months or more on their albums before release but it's just a shame they always release a cover to launch their solo career.

I personally didn't like James Arthur's cover of Impossible at all and thought it was a pretty poor choice by SyCo or whoever. I was a big fan of his on the show, and found all of his show performances each week to all be better than 'Impossible'. I don't listen to the radio (ew) so therefore have no idea if it's overplayed or not, but if it comes on the music channels I just flick it over.

Looking forward to hearing his own stuff though eventually!
  • marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hated it from the start
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I hate X Factor and haven't got into any of the "artists" it's discovered, but I do like the sound of James and I enjoy 'Impossible' and still do. I think the fact that the song is still in the top 10 over a month after release, and that it sold twice as much in its first week as Little Mix did despite lower viewing figures this year, suggests that this is a legitimate hit which people have bought because they genuinely like it. :)