My Strictly Come Dancing : Season Five -

ollymurslover13ollymurslover13 Posts: 1,572
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Chapter 1 - The year was 2013, and 15 hopefuls entered the ballroom. Some received their marching orders quicker than others. Footballer Aaron Ramsey and Singer Melody Thornton wowed from day 1. Popstar Amelia Lily was a favourite to win. But in the end, weather girl Laura Tobin took the crown, with the help of Kevin from Grimsby of course.

Chapter 2 - A new year had begun, and 15 more hopefuls were summend to the ballroom for a grueling competition. Clearly EastEnder Shane Richie couldn't handle the pressure, as he was the first casuality. TOWIE's Joey Essex, Diver Tom Daley and Girl Aloud's Sarah Harding dominated the floor through the rounds. However, it was Coronation Street Actress, Georgia May Foote who showdanced to success.

Chapter 3 - 2014 was well under way. The country had settled down during an Easter break. So, 15 eager bunnies hopped into the ballroom. They would compete for the Strictly Come Dancing Glitterball. Stars of the screen (Helen George and Nikki Sanderson) impressed in the early rounds. Male model David Peters emerged as a mid season favourite. But, it was the leader from day one who tangoed to the trophy. His name ... was Sam Strike. Along with partner Ola Jordan, they lifted the title together.

Chapter 4 - Into the new year, the next bunch of celebrities took their place in the new line up. Hollywood Hunk Dave Franco impressed throughout, as did Hollyoaks Actress Jennifer Metcalfe. But in the end, Great Gatsby Actress Elizabeth Debicki and her partner, Aljaz Skorjanec charlestoned their way to the top.

So, here comes chapter five!

Season 1-4 Judge Harry Judd has been replaced by former professional James Jordan. Also, Season 4 Judge Natalie Gumede has been replaced by stage and screen actress, Denise Van Outen.

The Judges Are:
James Jordan
Denise Van Outen
Len Goodman
Bruno Tonioli

The Hosts:
Scott Mills
Claudia Winkleman

15 Couples will compete for Strictly's 5th Glitterball Trophy.

Thank You!

Comments

• ollymurslover13ollymurslover13 Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strictly Come Dancing's producers have axed five professional dancers from the fourth season of the successful talent show. The show is about to enter it's fifth season over the coming weeks. Bosses are hoping to keep fans interested with big name celebrities and showstopping professionals.

On the way out of the BBC show is Series 3 champion Ola Jordan, and her husband James who is set to replace Harry Judd on the judging panel. Also departing the show is Emma Slater, Kieran McMahon and Sharna Burgess, whom all joined in Series 3.

The names on the way in include Series 1 runner up Kristina Rihanoff, and Giuseppe Di Bella. Di Bella is best known for dancing alongside Edurne at the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna. The other three newcomers are Iveta Lukosiute, Otlile Mabuse and Tristan MacManus.

The full list of fifteen professionals is as followed:
    Aljaz Skorjanec
    Anton Du Beke
    Artem Chigvenstiv
    Giuseppe Di Bella
    Iveta Lukosiute
    Janette Manrara
    Karen Hauer
    Kevin Clifton
    Kristina Rihanoff
    Lindsay Arnold
    Mark Ballas
    Natalie Lowe
    Otlile Mabuse
    Pasha Kovalev
    Tristan MacManus
  • Natalie_ShepardNatalie_Shepard Posts: 1,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant wait for the line up :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reality TV Queen Gemma Collins has been confirmed as the first star to compete in Strictly Come Dancing. Collins, 34, has starred in The Only Way Is Essex since 2011, and has competed on other reality television shows like Splash and I'm A Celebrity. Viewever of TOWIE have been glued to their screens, obsessing over Gemma's drama-filled life, and will surely tune in to see Gem get her boogie on.

Speaking earlier today, Gemma said 'I cannot believe I'm doing Strictly! It's a dream come true for me. I'm just a normal girl from Essex, who cannot wait to do this for the larger females. Body confidence is important, and I'll show the UK that I'm confident within this body.'

Gemma Collins will be partnered up with Series 2 champion, Artem Chigvenstiv.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JLS Singer Aston Merrygold has been confirmed as the second participant in Season 5 of Strictly Come Dancing. Merrygold, 27, was first discovered in JLS on The X Factor, way back in 2008. The band had four top 5 albums, and were involved in eight number one singles. Aston is about to release his debut solo single, with the upcoming album 'Show Stopper' out in October.

Merrygold has spoken out about his involvement, and has said 'Strictly is great entertainment, it really is. As many people know, I love dancing. So I was never going to turn this offer away. I only hope I can do myself proud.'

Aston Merrygold will be partnered up with Strictly newcomer, Otlile Mabuse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EastEnders Actress Mimi Keene has been announced as the third contestant for Strictly Come Dancing. Keene, 16, plays Cindy Williams on Albert Square, and will become the show's youngest celebrity ever in it's fifth season. Cindy has stolen £10,000 from Phil Mitchell, been a murder suspect of Lucy Beale and become a teenage mother during two years on the show. Now, Strictly bosses hope to bring a teenage audience to the show with the signing.

Speaking on BBC Breakfast, Keene said 'I'm shocked to have been approached for Strictly, especially at my age. I'm the youngest person to ever do the show, and I'm proud of it. Hopefully inexperience won't hinder my chances, but most of the celebrities will be complete new comers. So I won't be the only one.'

Mimi Keene will be partnered up with American professional, Mark Ballas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Former Labour Justice Secretary, Jack Straw has been announced as the fourth contestant taking part in Strictly Come Dancing. Straw, 68, has been rumoured to take part over the last few seasons, and will finally compete next month. In a political career that lasted over 40 years, Straw was one of British politic's most familiar faces.

Speaking to The One Show, Straw said 'It's a controversial move for me, it basically signals the end of my political career. But I'm 68 years of age, and won't be able to give it a go for much long. The producers asked me now, so I may as well do it now. I just hope I'm not out on the first week.'

Jack Straw will be partnered up with Australian dancer, Natalie Lowe.
  • Natalie_ShepardNatalie_Shepard Posts: 1,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #teamMimiKeene :) love her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV Daytime Presenter Ruth
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Alice Perkins for this plz
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV Daytime Presenter Ruth Langsford has been announced as the fifth celebrity taking part in Strictly Come Dancing. Over the last fifteen years, Langsford, 54, has been a staple of daytime television. Langsord's husband, Eamonn Holmes had been set to represent ITV on the show, but pulled out due to scheduling concerns.

Speaking on This Morning, the show's presenter, Langsford said - 'I'm excited! Sadly Eamonn had to drop out because of work commitments, but I cannot wait to hit the Strictly ballroom. Judging by my professional partner, they don't expect me to be any good, but I hope to surprise everyone.'

Ruth Langsford will be partnered up with Strictly Legend, Anton Du Beke.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmerdale Hunk Adam Thomas has been confirmed as contestant number six in the upcoming season of Strictly Come Dancing. Thomas, 26, has played Adam Barton in the village for six years, and had been set to take part in season four, but pulled out of the show for unknown reasons. But now he's back, and he seems to think he's going to be fine.

Speaking to Good Morning Britain, Thomas said - 'It's a great opportunity to have fun, and I love dancing. I'm not too bad as well, so I hope I can give it a good go. Hopefully, all the girls will pick up their phone for me. I could just win this thing.'

Adam Thomas will be partnered up with Season 1 Runner Up, Kristina Rihanoff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supermodel Erin O'Connor has been confirmed as the seventh contestant on the upcoming series of Strictly Come Dancing. O'Connor, 37, has been in and out of the spotlight in the last few years, and will look to the BBC show to re-raise her profile. Currently the face of Radley's F/W Campaign, O'Connor is most definitely still in the public eye.

Speaking to Scott Mills on his Radio 1 Show, O'Connor said - 'I'm quite shocked I'm doing Strictly. I normally turn television offers down, but there's something about Strictly. I'd be missing out on a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'm looking forward to giving it a go.'

Erin O'Connor will be partnered up with Strictly Newcomer, Tristan MacManus.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team GB Gymnast Max Whitlock has been announced as the eighth celebrity to take part in Strictly Come Dancing. Whitlock, 22, won 5 medals at last summer's Commonwealth Games, but will he win the Strictly Glitterball this summer? He's currently favourite to win with bookmakers.

Speaking to Gabby Logan, Whitlock said - 'Strictly is something different. People expect me just to be really good and take the title, but that might not happen. I'm not a very good dancer anyway. I just hope my amazing dance partner can tolerate me.'

Max Whitlock will be partnered up with Strictly Newcomer, Iveta Lukosiute.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coronation Street villian Sally Ann Matthews will be the ninth celebrity to take part in the upcoming season of Strictly Come Dancing. Matthews, 44, plays Jenny Bradley in the ITV soap, and has recently returned to the street. After a drama filled year, Sally Ann will get some fun by doing Strictly.

Speaking on Lorraine, Matthews said - 'It's been quite the year for me. I came back to Corrie after 22 years, was involved in one of the show's biggest storylines of the year and now I'm doing Strictly. People will probably want me off just because of Jenny Bradley! I hope my personality comes through in my dancing, that might help a bit.'

Sally Ann Matthews will be partnered up with Season 3 Runner Up, Pasha Kovalev.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meteorologist Tomasz Schafernaker has become the tenth celebrity to be confirmed for Strictly Come Dancing. Schafernaker, 36, is possibly the BBC's most known weatherman, and has even branched into male modelling. But can Tomasz take Strictly by storm?

Speaking on BBC Breakfast, Schafernaker said - 'I don't know why I agree to do Strictly, I really don't. I cannot dance at all. I've got two left feet, hopefully so will the other fourteen contestants. I'm dreading anything slow, especially the rumba. Don't think I've got the hips for it.'

Tomasz Schafernaker will be partnered up with American professional, Janette Manrara.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team GB Heptathlete Katarina Johnson-Thompson has been announced as celebrity number eleven for Strictly Come Dancing. Johnson-Thompson, 22, broke through at the 2012 olympics, and hopes to break through a Strictly champion?

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live, Johnson-Thompson said - 'I've watched Strictly every year, and I love it so much. I never thought I'd be asked to do it, so now that I have been asked, I had to say yes. It's a honour I suppose.'

Katarina Johnson-Thompson will be partnered up with Strictly Newcomer, Giuseppe Di Bella.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Desperate Housewives and Dallas Actor, Jesse Metcalfe has been announced as the twelfth celebrity for this season of Strictly Come Dancing. Metcalfe, 36, has been linked to Strictly in the past, but has finally decided to take part? Let's hope rumoured fellow contestant and ex girlfriend, Nadine Coyle doesn't mind!

Speaking to Ross King, Metcalfe said - 'I cannot wait, I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve. I'm waiting to fall asleep so I can wake up and open my presents. I just hope Nadine doesn't spoil it.'

Jesse Metcalfe will be partnered up with Season 2 Finalist, Karen Hauer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Singer and TV Presenter Charlotte Church is to become the thirteenth contestant to take part in Strictly Come Dancing Season 5. Church, 29, has been constantly rumoured with the show over the past few seasons, and now she's finally taking to the floor. The 'Crazy Chick' singer is now the bookies' favourite to win.

Speaking to This Morning, Church said - 'Oh my lord, I'm so so so excited! I love Strictly like I love nothing else, apart from my kids of course! It's like a dream come true for me. I cannot wait to do the waltz and foxtrot, it'll make me feel like a princess from a Disney film. How fabulous is this?'

Charlotte Church will be partnered up with Season 1 Champion, Kevin Clifton.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    England Football Legend and Match Of The Day Presenter, Gary Lineker has been announced as Strictly's final male celebrity of the fifth season. Lineker, 54, is constantly rumoured to be taking part on the BBC talent show, and finally it's a reality. He's currently second favourite with the bookies, behind only Charlotte Church. If he wins, he will become the show's oldest champion.

Speaking to BBC Breakfast, Lineker said - 'Why am I doing this? I cannot dance. I've decided to donate my fee to charity, so that's the only reason I'm still taking part I guess. My dance partner is going to have her hand's full with me. Sorry in advance!'

Gary Lineker will be partnered up with Season 4 Finalist, Lindsay Arnold.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The final celebrity will be announced this evening at 11pm.

Some hints to who they are:
    Female
    American
    TV Legend
    Played the 'original desperate housewife.'

HOPE YOU ENJOY!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dallas Actress Linda Gray has been announced as the final contestant set to take part in the fifth season of Strictly Come Dancing. Gray, 74, is best known for playing Sue Ellen Ewing in the hit American drama. Gray will face her former co-star, Jesse Metcalfe in the show, and she promises to be addictive TV gold.

Speaking on The One Show, Gray said - 'Dallas was huge for me, but it's been and gone. It's not coming back again, and I want to set myself a new challenge. Why not move over to the UK for a couple of months, and learn how to dance with a hot young guy. That sounds pretty damn good to me anyway. I'll probably be out on the first week, but you have to give these things a good go. And that's just what I'll do!'

Linda Gray will be partnered up with Reigning Strictly Champion, Aljaz Skorjanec.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam Thomas and Kristina Rihanoff
    Aston Merrygold and Otlile Mabuse
    Charlotte Church and Kevin Clifton
    Erin O'Connor and Tristan MacManus
    Gary Lineker and Lindsay Arnold
    Gemma Collins and Artem Chigvenstiv
    Jack Straw and Natalie Lowe
    Jesse Metcalfe and Karen Hauer
    Katarina Johnson-Thompson and Giuseppe Di Bella
    Linda Gray and Aljaz Skorjanec
    Max Whitlock and Iveta Lukosiute
    Mimi Keene and Mark Ballas
    Ruth Langsford and Anton Du Beke
    Sally Ann Matthews and Pasha Kovalev
    Tomasz Schafernaker and Janette Manrara
  • Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,915
    Forum Member
    Meteorologist Tomasz Schafernaker has become the tenth celebrity to be confirmed for Strictly Come Dancing. Schafernaker, 36, is possibly the BBC's most known weatherman, and has even branched into male modelling. But can Tomasz take Strictly by storm?

Speaking on BBC Breakfast, Schafernaker said - 'I don't know why I agree to do Strictly, I really don't. I cannot dance at all. I've got two left feet, hopefully so will the other fourteen contestants. I'm dreading anything slow, especially the rumba. Don't think I've got the hips for it.'

Tomasz Schafernaker will be partnered up with American professional, Janette Manrara.

Instant favourite.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cha Cha Cha -
    Billy Joel (Mimi and Mark)
    Bruce Springsteen (Jack and Natalie)
    Carly Rae Jepsen (Katarina and Giuseppe)
    Donna Summer (Aston and Otlile)
    Jessie J (Max and Iveta)
    Tina Turner (Linda and Aljaz)

Jive -
    Elvis Presley (Jesse and Karen)
    Outkast (Adam and Kristina)

Tango -
    ABBA (Gemma and Artem)
    Blondie (Charlotte and Kevin)
    Bruno Mars (Sally Ann and Pasha)

Waltz -
    Charlene (Erin and Tristan)
    Curtis Stigers (Tomasz and Janette)
    Neil Diamond & Barbra Streisand (Ruth and Anton)
    Paolo Nutini (Gary and Lindsay)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judges : James Jordan, Denise Van Outen, Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli

Aston Merrygold and Otlile - Cha Cha Cha - Hot Stuff - 6+7+7+7 = 27
    Tomasz Schafernaker and Janette - Waltz - I Wonder Why - 5+5+6+5 = 21
    Charlotte Church and Kevin - Tango - Call Me - 7+8+8+8 = 31
    Adam Thomas and Kristina - Jive - Hey Ya! - 6+7+6+6 = 25
    Erin O'Connor and Tristan - Waltz - I've Never Been To Me = 6+5+6+5 = 22
    Katarina Johnson-Thompson and Giuseppe - Cha Cha Cha - Call Me Maybe - 7+7+8+7 = 29

Mimi Keene and Mark - Cha Cha Cha - Uptown Girl - 6+6+8+7 = 27
    Gemma Collins and Artem - Tango - Lay All Your Love On Me - 3+5+5+4 = 17
    Max Whitlock and Iveta - Cha Cha Cha - It's My Party - 7+7+7+7 = 28
    Ruth Langsford and Anton - Waltz - You Don't Bring Me Flowers - 5+7+4+6 = 22
    Jack Straw and Natalie - Cha Cha Cha - Pink Cadillac - 2+5+4+4 = 15
    Sally Ann Matthews and Pasha - Tango - Locked Out Of Heaven - 6+7+7+6 = 26
    Jesse Metcalfe and Karen - Jive - Jailhouse Rock - 7+8+8+7 = 30
    Linda Gray and Aljaz - Cha Cha Cha - A Fool In Love - 4+5+5+4 = 18
    Gary Lineker and Lindsay - Waltz - Last Request - 6+7+8+7 = 28