Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too thin for what? She is still functioning
  • Options
    Michelle12Michelle12 Posts: 3,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Of course beautiful people can and do work regular jobs. What an odd comment 😕

what's odd about it? I did say 'IMO' so not everyone agrees but with the right stylists/lighting/make up she has the ability to look stunning. This is what they want in showbiz.

And yes there are beautiful girls everywhere but it is quite rare to see someone with that kind of beauty, this is just subjective. Obviously you don't agree which is fine. Again not putting her on a pedestal, could not care less about peoples appearances, we will all age one day.

She is not looking that great now with all the weight she has lost, but she has done well and it is mainly down to the way she looks as well as the way she carries herself (confidence)
  • Options
    Michelle12Michelle12 Posts: 3,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh please! Yes, she's a pretty girl but she does get quite a lot of help!

Look at her sister - that's what Cheggs would look like without money!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2061179/Cheryl-Cole-Brad-Pitt-Jennifer-Lopez-lesser-spotted-siblings.html

That's her half sister.
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Michelle12 wrote: »
    That's her half sister.

So....? She's a Tweedy isn't she? They're still related aren't they? They look fairly similar don't they?

Not sure what your point is :confused:
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    And yes there are beautiful girls everywhere but it is quite rare to see someone with that kind of beauty, this is just subjective.

I can't believe you actually just said that.....🙈
    Michelle12 wrote:
    Again not putting her on a pedestal, could not care less about peoples appearances

Sounds awfully like you are to me. On both counts.
    Michelle12 wrote:
    She is not looking that great now with all the weight she has lost, but she has done well and it is mainly down to the way she looks as well as the way she carries herself (confidence)

She's not that confident. She suffers terrible stage fright. But that's probably because she can't sing.
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's not too thin, but those clothes she wore were completely stupid, almost as if she was deliberately trying to draw attention to her frame. Now imagine that.
  • Options
    Super_FurrySuper_Furry Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Why take the risk?

What makes you think any risk is involved?
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what's odd about it? I did say 'IMO' so not everyone agrees but with the right stylists/lighting/make up she has the ability to look stunning. This is what they want in showbiz.

And yes there are beautiful girls everywhere but it is quite rare to see someone with that kind of beauty, this is just subjective. Obviously you don't agree which is fine. Again not putting her on a pedestal, could not care less about peoples appearances, we will all age one day.

No your post said that she couldn't work in a 9-5 looking like that which is what I am calling nonsense.
    No one is too beautiful to be normal and having a pretty face doesn't give someone the God given right to be famous just for their looks.
    Imo, she is extremely lucky that her limited talent combined with her sob story has put her to a level of fame that she doesn't really deserve,
    I think she's pretty in a painted doll way but has no sex appeal what so ever as she's so vacuous
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No your post said that she couldn't work in a 9-5 looking like that which is what I am calling nonsense.
    No one is too beautiful to be normal and having a pretty face doesn't give someone the God given right to be famous just for their looks.
    Imo, she is extremely lucky that her limited talent combined with her sob story has put her to a level of fame that she doesn't really deserve,
    I think she's pretty in a painted doll way but has no sex appeal what so ever as she's so vacuous

All this, basically.

Yes, sure, she is pretty, but there are trillions of girls just as pretty walking down the street every day. Also, let's not forget when she was in court in 2003 when she was a bit chubby with a hook nose (definitely had her nose done IMHO, and the snarky teeth that she's also had work on).

She cannot sing and is a competent dancer. I don't doubt that she works hard but she is lucky that she has had the time, money and opportunity to become Cheryl the brand. She is also strangely sexless.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What makes you think any risk is involved?

How do you KNOW that she's doing that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I admit, she doesn't look very appealing when she looks thin, but she does when she looks curvy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's not too thin, but those clothes she wore were completely stupid, almost as if she was deliberately trying to draw attention to her frame. Now imagine that.

I think she does need to get more weight on. She looks much better when she has.
  • Options
    Bonnie ScotlandBonnie Scotland Posts: 2,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's probably some people out there that would be able to better than some presenters. I suppose you'd have to have nerves of steel to be a successful presenter/host. I think some celebrity work might be quite easy.

i remember an F1 driver, maybe david coulthard, being interviewed years ago. the interviewer was essentially blowing smoke up his ar5e saying how amazing he was as a driver etc etc. coulthard basically replied saying 'there are thousands of ordinary folk out there who would be every bit as good as me ... it's just that i got the breaks and had a commited family behind me.'

i admired that honesty.

don't get me wrong i ain't koncking cheryl, i admire anyone that has the drive, guts, determination to 'go for it', i just think it's to an extent laughable to see her judge singers when she herself isn't a great one :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i remember an F1 driver, maybe david coulthard, being interviewed years ago. the interviewer was essentially blowing smoke up his ar5e saying how amazing he was as a driver etc etc. coulthard basically replied saying 'there are thousands of ordinary folk out there who would be every bit as good as me ... it's just that i got the breaks and had a commited family behind me.'

i admired that honesty.

don't get me wrong i ain't koncking cheryl, i admire anyone that has the drive, guts, determination to 'go for it', i just think it's to an extent laughable to see her judge singers when she herself isn't a great one :blush:

Paul O'Grady is terrible for kissing his guests' backsides as well.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a beauty
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last time she was this thin was after Ashley cheated on her (the first time). Seems when she's depressed she doesn't eat.
    Wish I was like that:(

**Not implying her new husband did the same thing! Just that she might be sad, so not eating. She's said before she can't eat or sleep when upset.
  • Options
    Super_FurrySuper_Furry Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do you KNOW that she's doing that?

I said that weight loss can be linked to heavy cocaine use.
    No names were mentioned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said that weight loss can be linked to heavy cocaine use.
    No names were mentioned.

The below in a thread about Cheryl? You were almost saying it was her that you were talking about. Doesn't matter anyway.
    You're bound to lose weight if you're shovelling all that gak up your hooter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last time she was this thin was after Ashley cheated on her (the first time). Seems when she's depressed she doesn't eat.
    Wish I was like that:(

**Not implying her new husband did the same thing! Just that she might be sad, so not eating. She's said before she can't eat or sleep when upset.

It's been claimed that she's thin because she's lost her father-in-law.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    She looks really gaunt in some of the pictures published today in the tabloids.
  • Options
    twellstwells Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The below in a thread about Cheryl? You were almost saying it was her that you were talking about. Doesn't matter anyway.

I have no idea about Cheryl ,but there's no doubt that that cocaine is the easiest way for celebs to get and stay skinny. And many use it for that as well as for the empowering "rush".
  • Options
    ConcretepigsyConcretepigsy Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scary thing is young girls aspire to be like this kind of celebrity.
  • Options
    bmac1072bmac1072 Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Far too thin , this so called look is not good , needs a good feed
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh please! Yes, she's a pretty girl but she does get quite a lot of help!

Look at her sister - that's what Cheggs would look like without money!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2061179/Cheryl-Cole-Brad-Pitt-Jennifer-Lopez-lesser-spotted-siblings.html

Would she? It's not a secret that Cheryl had her teeth done, but she was already a pretty girl. Money may have helped with her style, but what else? You don't need lots of money to have decent skin or hair. I can't think of any reason why Cheryl wouldn't be as beautiful without money (teeth aside).
  • Options
    jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To answer the question posed: clearly she seems to have lost a lot of weight. Too thin though? By what objective criteria?

Personally I think she looks better when she looks like she's had a few decent meals. But it's her decisions/life.