War On The Dancefloor (Series 4) - Show Six

2»

Comments

• Options
    AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm back! :D

Sorry about being banned. :blush: I'll make sure it doesn't happen again. :p

Great performances! I was watching on private browsing :blush:

I'll be back for round seven!
  • Options
    DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    So, after six weeks of drama, we're down to our final three couples, all fighting for one of two spaces in the grand final. But what last obstacles stand in your way? ;-)

As with last week, you will each be tackling two previously unlearned dance styles, one Ballroom and one Latin, but this time, they will be individual performances. ;-) Your ballroom dance has an unusual theme to contend with, which is... NUMBERS. :D Another slightly bizarre theme, I know, but all it means is that your song choice has to have a number present in either the title of the song or in the name of the artist - I won't be any fussier than that. :p For this routine, you also have to provide both male and female costumes, but ONLY LINKS are allowed (bar the odd connecting word!), so it will definitely be a test of quality over quantity. ;-)

For your Latin dance, there is no theme, but you do have a tricky challenge which was featured back in Series One and hasn't been repeated since. ;-) It is... THE SOLO DANCE. :D Basically, for this dance, you will be taking to the floor without your partner, so it's a real chance for you to showcase your conceptual creativity. Yay for you. :p As this is the semi-final, I'm going to give you the freedom to include whatever extras you like - your costume, any props, a storyline, the stage set-up, etc. It's entirely down to you, and there's no word limit, either, so you can write as much as you so wish. ;-)

PM's will be sent out shortly, but if I could have all routines sent to me by 9:00pm on Friday 10th July, that would be great. :)
  • Options
    ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    ...my Latin dance is dreadful.
  • Options
    Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,917
    Forum Member
    The Ballroom round challenge is setting my teeth on edge... :p
  • Options
    TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I'm a lot more confident with my Latin than the Ballroom, Ballroom was just like 'ok, so I don't want to use the obvious, but then how on earth am I going to find something for a _____ ?'

Whereas my Latin I LOVE, I've wanted to use the song for a little while so I'm happy that I got a chance to use it :) good luck though boys, it's in the laps of the gods now!
  • Options
    Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,917
    Forum Member
    Neither of my dances inspires the same joy in me as my Fusion, but neither were written in 5 minutes like my Paso, either, so hopefully they'll find a happy medium with the judges. :D