Oh, Katie, Katie...

Comments

• GurglesGurgles Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think she was that good tbh. Now it's come out she's already got deal she'll be kicked off the show.
  • TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Could be disqualified according to the NOTW as she already has a management deal and this is against the rules.

A remember they disqualified a boyband for having a managment deal so if she has a record deal i think she will be disqualified.
  • rors401rors401 Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she's like the new Paloma Faith!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I LOVED her. No wonder she forgot her words when Simon just pounces and tells her not to sing the song she had planned. Thought the judges treated her pretty badly really.

I loved her version of At Last. Funnily enough she reminded me a bit of Diana Vickers, but with a much, much better voice.

Bit in bold - exactly. Myself and Mr Zip were saying the same thing.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I agree, she was treated badly IMO in that sense and she should have been allowed to sing At Last from the off.
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they stick to the rules. She shouldn't be allowed to go any further if she has a recording contract already.
  • funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope they stick to the rules. She shouldn't be allowed to go any further if she has a recording contract already.

Completely agree, plus the fact she couldn't carry a tune in a bucket and blatantly stole her image from Bananarama circa Cruel Summer.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    funci wrote: »
    Completely agree, plus the fact she couldn't carry a tune in a bucket and blatantly stole her image from Bananarama circa Cruel Summer.

She could clearly sing pretty competently. It wouldn't be to everyone's taste but to say she can't sing is incorrect. And I'd actually suggest she stole her image from 80s Madonna, but I suppose that is down to opinion :p

As much as I like Katie, I agree that if she does indeed have a record contract she should be disqualified. Not fair to the other contestants and kind of defeats the object of the show.
  • EllefEllef Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder why these stories about her already having had some sort of on-line reality show and a record deal are only emerging now. Is it because she did those things under another name?

I suspect a publicity stunt by the Cowell PR machine, but I suppose if she auditioned for XF under a new name she might genuinely have slipped through the net.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She could clearly sing pretty competently. It wouldn't be to everyone's taste but to say she can't sing is incorrect. And I'd actually suggest she stole her image from 80s Madonna, but I suppose that is down to opinion :p

She definitely has a touch of the Keren's about her hair.

You're right about the voice. It sounded like she was forcing it, but just watched it again and it was in tune.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks like she is covering things up. I mean she has three different names to hide her previous projects.

Katie Vogel
    Katie Waissel
    Lola Fontaine

Looks like she will be kicked out for having a recording deal, but with a dramatic X Factor moment. X Factor is going to milk it first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nate27 wrote: »
    She looks like she is covering things up. I mean she has three different names to hide her previous projects.

Katie Vogel
    Katie Waissel
    Lola Fontaine

Looks like she will be kicked out for having a recording deal, but with a dramatic X Factor moment. X Factor is going to milk it first.

I bet you they knew already! Why else would they feature her so heavily on tv?! It's all staged!
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Katie could clearly sing perfectly fine IMO :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    funci wrote: »
    I bet you they knew already! Why else would they feature her so heavily on tv?! It's all staged!

It might be, but it has happen before where contestants lied and the producers learn later their background.

I mean I doubt X Factor run background checks on everyone that auditions, and probably could care less until they become a main part of the show where your background is known to the public.

For Katie, now being shown, the media / X Factor will dig into her background to uncover her. Looks like she was hiding something and deceiving people.
  • Lofty ForeheadLofty Forehead Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    I thought that she was wonderful. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked her personality, voice wasn't up to much though
  • friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's annoying in one way but also in another someone you want to see again. Leona Lewis's first audition was nerve wracking without an audience in 2006.

She could get to the final 12 and reach the top 3 or she could go out at boot camp.
  • EllefEllef Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't one of the male singers last year get to the judge's houses stage even though he'd be in Popstars - The Rivals (or something similar)? He didn't get through to the final because Simon felt he'd already had his chance and the XF should really be about people who hadn't had a break before.

I suspect Katie may now be kept in the competition as a talking point but not make the live finals for the same reason. It probably suits the producers to bend the rules a bit to generate a bit of controversy in cases like this.
  • Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I agree, she was treated badly IMO in that sense and she should have been allowed to sing At Last from the off.

Each contestant has a list of songs they chose themselves and they should know them all. She was not treated badly, just unprepared. She acted bratty
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nate27 wrote: »

Katie Vogel
    Katie Waissel
    Lola Fontaine

Hmm that does look a bit suspicious. Shame, I like her. She may do well off the back of being shown on XF anyway :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellef wrote: »
    Didn't one of the male singers last year get to the judge's houses stage even though he'd be in Popstars - The Rivals (or something similar)? He didn't get through to the final because Simon felt he'd already had his chance and the XF should really be about people who hadn't had a break before.

I suspect Katie may now be kept in the competition as a talking point but not make the live finals for the same reason. It probably suits the producers to bend the rules a bit to generate a bit of controversy in cases like this.

I think it depends on whether she is still under contract, if she is then I think she will be and should be disqualified because thats against the rules. If the contract has expired then I think she'll be ok. Daniel did already have a record deal with One True Voice but that was years ago and they were dropped so he didn't have any current contract with anyone so it was within the rules of the show.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm that does look a bit suspicious. Shame, I like her. She may do well off the back of being shown on XF anyway :)

Katie should be safe provided her contract as "Lola" is no longer open. Even if not, she has already benefitted from being on X Factor last night. She has had an Appreciation Thread started here on DS!
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She reminds me of Becky in Coronation Street, both looks-wise and being OTT and annoying.:(
  • samcheesesamcheese Posts: 1,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's this years Rachel Hylton - everyone was wowed by her Winehouse impression in her first audition - but she messed up on every other song after that! (except big band week I seem to remember)

One trick pony
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie is whom I called quirky girl,when I saw the auditions