~ | Caroline Flack & Pasha Kovalev Appreciation Thread | ~

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Ok so I just wrote a long essay explaining how I became a fan of the Kovalev and my laptop just shut itself down :( hopefully it'll work now...

I've been lurking in this thread/forum since the start of Strictly this year. While I was aware of phenomenon that is Strictly, I never watched it religiously until this year. I had heard of and seen Pasha (always thought what a strange name - later when I read his book and found Pasha agreeing made me chuckle :D I've come to appreciate it now and think it's lovely) actually dance a few times but since I was never really interested in the show I never truly paid attention to the dances (how narrow minded of me! if only I had paid attention earlier, I would've noticed Pasha sooner!) Anyways, so I found myself watching Strictly one night as nothing else was on (I think it was the opening show of the series - I have the memory span of a teaspoon) and I heard the name Pasha. Now obviously I thought hmm I know him so I watched him dance. Like PROPERLY watched him dance. I was mesmerised. I think it was the sheer look of joie de vivre on his face while he was dancing that did it for me. This was a man that truly loved dancing (I'm sure all the other pros do to) but there was something about him that stood out. I can't quite put my finger around it. He had this charm about him that fascinated me. Yet he exudes mystery like no one else does. I had to know more about him. Naturally I did what I thought the only logical thing to do - I googled him! I have never been more grateful for the internet :blush: I think I watched all his videos on youtube in a matter of days! Somehow I stumbled upon this lovely thread/forum and saw all the Pasha love and thought I had to join in :) I'm actually still going through all the Pasha app threads! (I know. Sad right? But you guys are so funny and all the Pasha-lusting makes me lol)

It's actually strange how our paths (I'm starting to sound slightly mad - please stop me) could have crossed a lot sooner. My sister is a big fan of the show and her fave celeb last year was Rachel Riley and I "watched" a few of their dances (she even voted for them through my email! lol). And I liked Rachel even before Strictly so why I never got into the show I have no idea. She hasn't kept up to date with Strictly this year while I've watched every episode and discovered the awesomeness that is Pasha - funny how things works out! :)

Honestly I don't normally ramble on like this but I thought I had to share my Pasha love out here. I'll keep them short and not so boring in the future! ;-)
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    You are in the right place to ramble about all things Pasha pash_pot ... :D

Lust/Ramble away .... ;):D

Wonder what Pasholine's VT will be this week given this pic posted by Caroline.... :confused::confused::p:p

http://instagram.com/p/v1v74nDDl-/?modal=true
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Thank you for all the friendly welcomes!

I was just brooding about the inconsistent and seemingly biased scoring that's been going on this series, last Saturday took the proverbial biscuit for me! I spent a small fortune voting for C & P.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Charleston, Caroline said she has been looking forward to this dance since the beginning so I'm pleased she has the opportunity to dance it, has it definitely got a Turkish theme?

I agree with those that want to see them dance an AT, I would love to see the do that dance.

Can I just say as well what a wonderful choreographer as well as dancer I think Pasha is? His dances are always wonderful to watch, they always use the music so well and often feel innovative and interesting, as well as getting the best out of his partner.

Plus I'm going to see Pasha on tour when he comes to my local theatre next year, I'm so excited!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »

Wonder what Pasholine's VT will be this week given this pic posted by Caroline.... :confused::confused::p:p

She tweeted a tweet saying 'I never really liked Glee anyway' and then deleted it so maybe she was trying to make up for that? I dunno, that woman is enigma wrapped in a riddle shrouded in mystery.
  • peppy5peppy5 Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »

Is Pasha a sheriff?? So probably nothing to do with a Turkish theme...

(Excuse my Ali Baba wanderings, more Middle Eastern (Persian?) than Turkish anyway:p)

Would love to just see normal training vids for all the couples, instead of these cringey VTs!
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes by quite a way, but we have no idea yet how the public vote is going.....

Maybe the music today will give us a clue to their theme - or maybe not :p

That pic of Caroline's might just be from Blackpool beach :confused:
  • music girlmusic girl Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ;-) The music is nice - sounds like 'Putting on the Ritz'.....:D:D

I liked the fact that Karen Hardy praised Caroline last night on ITT and 'wanted her to feel like a champion' when she dances - very positive! :)
    Forum Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sl4XCVmoXg

I love the song that they're dancing to! It's very cheeky and I think the Charleston will suit Caroline very well. I'm sure Pasha and Bill Dreamer (?) have come up with an amazing choreography. Not keen on the backing dancers tho... I find them a bit distracting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I think Istanbul by They Might Be Giants, is going to make a brilliant song for the Charleston! I really like it.
    Forum Member
    http://instagram.com/p/v6Gvf7DDkO/

For a second there I thought that was her dress for Saturday night... :o:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pash_pot wrote: »
    http://instagram.com/p/v6Gvf7DDkO/

For a second there I thought that was her dress for Saturday night... :o:o

Oh dear, cue another terrible VT:o:D, with Caroline/Pasha getting the wrong end of the stick about Turkey....

I'm back with the sparkly bolero and fez for Pash and could they persuade Caroline to be a bellydancer?!

Looking forward to some training footage tonight for all the couples -last night's ITT was dire. Apart, of course, from Erin and Katya, lovely to see them back. Is there a glimmer of a possibility that Katya could return next year? :)
  • GeorgousgeorgeGeorgousgeorge Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peppy5 wrote: »
    Oh dear, cue another terrible VT:o:D, with Caroline/Pasha getting the wrong end of the stick about Turkey....

I'm back with the sparkly bolero and fez for Pash and could they persuade Caroline to be a bellydancer?!

Looking forward to some training footage tonight for all the couples -last night's ITT was dire. Apart, of course, from Erin and Katya, lovely to see them back. Is there a glimmer of a possibility that Katya could return next year? :)

Oh god, why do they do this!!!!!!! It's just not funny.

Not a bad song for the charleston...............................never heard of it before........................yes Music girl, reminds me of "putting on the ritz". Here's hoping!!!!!

Hello to Mossy, Pash_pot and Caramel. Looking forward to IT2 tonight. Having withdrawal symptoms about training!!!!! Caroline not giving anything away, except for the bloody turkey!!!!!

Yes, lovely to see Katya ." Pasha is..................................Pasha!!!!!!! " Why didn't Zoe just ask her the question and let her answer it.................................I love her, but she tends to put words into the mouths of her interviewees!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know, when you get the email about tickets...........................................................and you're just that tiny bit excited, fluttery in the stomach and you're opening your email and..........................................................................bugger.!!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know, when you get the email about tickets...........................................................and you're just that tiny bit excited, fluttery in the stomach and you're opening your email and..........................................................................bugger.!!!!!!!

Yes GG, it happens to me all the time! Such a pain! :o

Lovely ITT show this evening and I do hope our couple get a 40 on Saturday!! If the dance is as entertaining and joyous as Kimberley's dance, we're in for a treat! ;-)
  • KartemAddictKartemAddict Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks so much for these KA - magnificent! You are so gifted....;-) - please post them on twitter - Pasha and all the fans will definitely appreciate it I am sure!:D:D
    Forum Member
    music girl wrote: »
    Thanks so much for these KA - magnificent! You are so gifted....;-) - please post them on twitter - Pasha and all the fans will definitely appreciate it I am sure!:D:D
    already have :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    already have :)

Brilliant pics KA.............................................Calvin Klein, eh:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant pics KA.............................................Calvin Klein, eh:D

Very observant GG -had to go back and check! :D

Loved their ITT interview last night, and thanks to SCDObserver for putting it up on YouTube so promptly :cool:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jp_3OQFMKdA

Really looking forward to the charleston, hope Craig makes up for his little lapse last week by getting his 10 paddle out :p

Thanks to KA too for those lovely pics :)
    Forum Member
    Pasha and Caroline SCREENCAPS from Thursdays ITT :D
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their charleston is looking very good.
    Forum Member
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3jaR88CAAArf0J.jpg:large

Charleston is looking amazing, far more Charleston like than Trent and Pixie's last week!!
  • fawkesfawkes Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Can't wait to see this Charleston! Tho not 100% sure about the theme...

Really enjoy watching both of these two both on and off stage, and I felt so bad for C with her dress mishap last week. The rest of the routine was beautiful - she moves so well.

Go Pasholine! (Is that the official team name?)