World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXIV (Spoilers)

Comments

• ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    Lol hopefully you know I'm only messing about
    i know you are *winks

anyways i'm off to watch that wwe thing that costs under 10 dollars a month, later
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joooe wrote: »
    It is crazy how good Stephanie is. At promos or at fighting she's so great to watch. :D

She's had 15 years to get good. If she still sucked at playing her role by now, it'd be unjustifiable. At least she's not had to be suplexed through resistant plate glass and risked telescoping her spine for not rolling her hips at the weak points.
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some good stuff on Raw.

Anytime Y2J (who really is the best performer in the WWE at the moment) works with Steph is always good.

Glad to see Lana is still meantioning Putin and Russia, all this mock outrage is very boring. They are a couple of fictional characters (never are Russian) acting a storyline which is no different then you will see in 24 or The Americans or any James Bond film (or films of the like).

WWE get attacked for being "fake" but then get attacked "for being real". They are actors playing a role, As with many of the prevous conversial WWE storylines if a actress or actor had taken it on in a film or a tv drama nobody would have battered a eyelid but because its Vince and the WWE its Vince is the devil and will do anything for money. Its Cowboys and Indians for the modern day. Good vs Evil (and each side protray their side as good). Be it WWE,Film or TV its the basic idea behind any storyline
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed most of the show last night but I caught up this morning and I really must now admit to something.

I love Stephanie McMahon!
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,987
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    I missed most of the show last night but I caught up this morning and I really must now admit to something.

I love Stephanie McMahon!

Wooooohooooooooo :D

She's fitting her role very well and filling Vince's shoes (on screen) too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wooooohooooooooo :D

She's fitting her role very well and filling Vince's shoes (on screen) too.

I just wasn't sure whether the crowd was turning on them or chanting for them at the end. The match won't be pretty but it'll be a fun fight. I hope that the crowd are into it. They better be because if they aren't, they're going to have to consider that, at Summerslam, STEPHANIE IS GOING TO MAKE THEM HER BITCH! :D
    Forum Member
    I just wasn't sure whether the crowd was turning on them or chanting for them at the end. The match won't be pretty but it'll be a fun fight. I hope that the crowd are into it. They better be because if they aren't, they're going to have to consider that, at Summerslam, STEPHANIE IS GOING TO MAKE THEM HER BITCH! :D

I'm not quite sure what they were chanting lol, people were saying they were chanting for Jamie Noble lol.

It will be what it will be, I think if they get in the ring beforehand and work on it then it could be half decent. As I said before, Steph had a passable match at No Way Out with Trish before Trish was Trish.

Just watching it again, Steph's "I'm gonna make you my BITCH" after the slap was great! I also want Brie's jacket.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not quite sure what they were chanting lol, people were saying they were chanting for Jamie Noble lol.

It will be what it will be, I think if they get in the ring beforehand and work on it then it could be half decent. As I said before, Steph had a passable match at No Way Out with Trish before Trish was Trish.

Just watching it again, Steph's "I'm gonna make you my BITCH" after the slap was great! I also want Brie's jacket.

I've rewinded back to that slap like ten times already. :p
    I thought Brie had a nice jacket too and her promo was decent, though Stephanie did most of the legwork. Her match with Trish was great compared to what was expected and she had a decent match with Lita too. I agree that they need to choreograph it beforehand and just make a big fight out of it.
  • AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    Some good stuff on Raw.

Anytime Y2J (who really is the best performer in the WWE at the moment) works with Steph is always good.

Glad to see Lana is still meantioning Putin and Russia, all this mock outrage is very boring. They are a couple of fictional characters (never are Russian) acting a storyline which is no different then you will see in 24 or The Americans or any James Bond film (or films of the like).

WWE get attacked for being "fake" but then get attacked "for being real". They are actors playing a role, As with many of the prevous conversial WWE storylines if a actress or actor had taken it on in a film or a tv drama nobody would have battered a eyelid but because its Vince and the WWE its Vince is the devil and will do anything for money. Its Cowboys and Indians for the modern day. Good vs Evil (and each side protray their side as good). Be it WWE,Film or TV its the basic idea behind any storyline

It isnt mock outrage, its blatantly insulting not only to people connected to MH17 but well before that, it should never have been addressed, Russia is an enemy of the state and the current conflict is an extremely volatile one and its a pathetic rose tinted view once again from WWE to exploit it.

Where was the babyface anti usa storyline in 1988 when the USA wrongly shot down commercial airliner IRAN 655? Oh shit, there wasn't one because WWE are a sickly pro USA company who ignore all their countries cons.

Its cheap heat. Its unnecessary and rancid patriotism and its never going to stop.

200 year old USA RULES ALL. Everyone else can kiss their ass.
    Forum Member
    I've rewinded back to that slap like ten times already. :p
    I thought Brie had a nice jacket too and her promo was decent, though Stephanie did most of the legwork. Her match with Trish was great compared to what was expected and she had a decent match with Lita too. I agree that they need to choreograph it beforehand and just make a big fight out of it.

Yeah I said last night she's had a decent past two weeks, only little thing I don't like is her shouting at the end of her sentence, but considering she's going up against Steph it's not bad that's the only thing I can really pick up on that I dislike.

I'm looking forward to it though, it should be fun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AJ Wheels wrote: »
    It isnt mock outrage, its blatantly insulting not only to people connected to MH17 but well before that, it should never have been addressed, Russia is an enemy of the state and the current conflict is an extremely volatile one and its a pathetic rose tinted view once again from WWE to exploit it.

Where was the babyface anti usa storyline in 1988 when the USA wrongly shot down commercial airliner IRAN 655? Oh shit, there wasn't one because WWE are a sickly pro USA company who ignore all their countries cons.

Its cheap heat. Its unnecessary and rancid patriotism and its never going to stop.

200 year old USA RULES ALL. Everyone else can kiss their ass.

But Films and TV exploit it all the time.

Are TV Drama's going to stop making Russia the bad guys? Are films?

The next Die Hard film will more then likely have lots of people running around with dodgy russian accents blowing things up and trying to blow Americia up while good old Bruce saves the day and the good old U.S.A.

As for doing anto-USA storylines why would a company do something that would alienate their main customers? Would Coke come out and say Pepsi customers are better then coke ones? WWE's main customers are Pro USA so you aim your brand at them.

WWE is not there to be "fair or balanced" or hold itselfs to other peoples moral codes.

They are not doing a storyline that you couldnt go on to Amazon and find a 1000 films doing
  • KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finlay, Noble and Birch could make a good stable. They could be The Authority's henchmen.
  • RedundantRedundant Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FIrst world problems when I have stuff to do and I usually skip alot of stuff on raw, however this raw was full of stuff!
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know, a bit of fantasy booking here, once Rusev is through with Swagger, Lana bangs on about how there aren't anymore true Americans who are worthy of challenging Rusev, suddenly this hits

With the network renewals soon upon us this would be the perfect way to get people to renew :D
  • guttridgeguttridge Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys bit off topic here but what did you make of the wwe game 2011 smack down vs raw ? Any good what is the bex wwe game that had been on The ps2? Or Xbox 360? Wwe smack down 03 was the best for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Films and TV exploit it all the time.

Are TV Drama's going to stop making Russia the bad guys? Are films?

The next Die Hard film will more then likely have lots of people running around with dodgy russian accents blowing things up and trying to blow Americia up while good old Bruce saves the day and the good old U.S.A.

As for doing anto-USA storylines why would a company do something that would alienate their main customers? Would Coke come out and say Pepsi customers are better then coke ones? WWE's main customers are Pro USA so you aim your brand at them.

WWE is not there to be "fair or balanced" or hold itselfs to other peoples moral codes.

They are not doing a storyline that you couldnt go on to Amazon and find a 1000 films doing

Ok on that comparison to films and tv, it doesnt hold merit because they are two different things to WWE. WWE is fictional reality, not total fiction like films are. WWE often refers to itself as the reality era through all the various things they create and shill out on tv, alot of it is based off real life, real life situations or filmed as reality. Films are 100% fictional so can be as crazy, wacky, farfetch'd and fake as they like, this company cannot.

People don't treat wwe in the same way as a film and they shouldnt because it doesnt make sense to do that.

Of course they won't shit on their own country, but its the meaning behind it, USA do no wrong, everyone else is second best and we bow down to them. Its total bullshit. The amount of debatable. Questionable. Downright abhorable things USA have done whether in war or outside of war is a primary reason they are the most hated nation on earth, along with Russia. Lets just consider some of the things Vinc...Zeb Colter says, how he spunks at the mouth on how clean and pure Merica is, and how in contrast Russia is. Its risky ground, its poking at a bear as cliched as that sounds, but its true, its just lame at how they uncoincidentally brought up a russian guy and a cali girl as a ruski girl when the Russian Ukrainian conflicts began. Was it outright offensive? Nahh not really. Was it when they continued and had Lana allude to the MH17 crash offensive, 100%. Cashing in on a tragedy like that. Just lame.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok on that comparison to films and tv, it doesnt hold merit because they are two different things to WWE. WWE is fictional reality, not total fiction like films are. WWE often refers to itself as the reality era through all the various things they create and shill out on tv, alot of it is based off real life, real life situations or filmed as reality. Films are 100% fictional so can be as crazy, wacky, farfetch'd and fake as they like, this company cannot.

People don't treat wwe in the same way as a film and they shouldnt because it doesnt make sense to do that.

Of course they won't shit on their own country, but its the meaning behind it, USA do no wrong, everyone else is second best and we bow down to them. Its total bullshit. The amount of debatable. Questionable. Downright abhorable things USA have done whether in war or outside of war is a primary reason they are the most hated nation on earth, along with Russia. Lets just consider some of the things Vinc...Zeb Colter says, how he spunks at the mouth on how clean and pure Merica is, and how in contrast Russia is. Its risky ground, its poking at a bear as cliched as that sounds, but its true, its just lame at how they uncoincidentally brought up a russian guy and a cali girl as a ruski girl when the Russian Ukrainian conflicts began. Was it outright offensive? Nahh not really. Was it when they continued and had Lana allude to the MH17 crash offensive, 100%. Cashing in on a tragedy like that. Just lame.

What part of WWE is real? Is it Kane? The monster who walks though hell fire and brimstone? Is it the Undertaker? The dead man? The person who body has been stuck with lighting and been buried more times then Damon Sandow? Maybe it's the Mizz who is one of the biggest stars in the world at the moment. Or is it the fact you can be beaten with a steel chair and be running around like a nutter 5 seconds later? All very realistic

Big Brother shite x factor and many more shows are called "reailty" TV, it's a advertising tag line and should be taken as much notice of a washing powder company saying they get clothes cleaner then someone elses.

Pro-USA hero's and Anti-USA villains have been money in wrestling since day 1. People's views about if the storyline's are lame or nonsense or fantastic are not important, they get crowd heat and that's what a Wrestling Promoter wants when setting out a storyline.

If anything the pairing is based on the Rocky film so it makes perfect sense to come out with pro-russian and Anti-USA remarks.

Wrestling heel is about "offending" people it's the best way to get a crowd reaction. If as a heel your not offending people your doing it wrong
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is not 1980s WWF. This is 2014 WWE. Times have changed withon the world, and certainly in this company. Take Y2Js brazil flag kicking, justify that and the reaction from the brazilian government and try and deflate the importance of it.

And im sorry but your argument on reality tv is an insipid one, because reality tv always whilst it has parts of scripting in it, always has real life as the basis of it. Big brother...set in a spaceship? Towie featuring flying dragons? Made in chelsea featuring a resurrected mussolini ? Nahhh, cus reality tv is built on REALITY. its in the F'n name! Films is one category, WWE and reality tv is another. You can make an offensive tasteless film about MH17 all you want starring bruce willis as putin and jamie foxx as a hip rappy president who at the end of the film beheads Putin with his air jordans cus its 100% film fluff. We know this.

And your last line on heels having to offend people; i disagree with that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is not 1980s WWF. This is 2014 WWE. Times have changed withon the world, and certainly in this company. Take Y2Js brazil flag kicking, justify that and the reaction from the brazilian government and try and deflate the importance of it.

And im sorry but your argument on reality tv is an insipid one, because reality tv always whilst it has parts of scripting in it, always has real life as the basis of it. Big brother...set in a spaceship? Towie featuring flying dragons? Made in chelsea featuring a resurrected mussolini ? Nahhh, cus reality tv is built on REALITY. its in the F'n name! Films is one category, WWE and reality tv is another. You can make an offensive tasteless film about MH17 all you want starring bruce willis as putin and jamie foxx as a hip rappy president who at the end of the film beheads Putin with his air jordans cus its 100% film fluff. We know this.

And your last line on heels having to offend people; i disagree with that.

I yet to hear the words MH17 uttered on WWE programming.

People can assume that's what they meant or even believe it but unless they said it it's neither here nor there.

What the actual facts are is that they are using age old stereotypes as the whole of wrestling has always used from the son of a plummer being a hard working man to a millionaire buying people to get their own way to the boss being a nasty piece of work who uses his power to get his own way to English people being snobs to the Irish loving to fight to the working man drinks beer from a can, all of them can be classed as "offensive" all based on some form of "reality".

Yes this is 2014 but wrestling is no different then in 1950 then it was in 1980 then it is in 2014, if you watch the show you should be more then aware if what's going to happen
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I yet to hear the words MH17 uttered on WWE programming.

People can assume that's what they meant or even believe it but unless they said it it's neither here nor there.

What the actual facts are is that they are using age old stereotypes as the whole of wrestling has always used from the son of a plummer being a hard working man to a millionaire buying people to get their own way to the boss being a nasty piece of work who uses his power to get his own way to English people being snobs to the Irish loving to fight to the working man drinks beer from a can, all of them can be classed as "offensive" all based on some form of "reality".

Yes this is 2014 but wrestling is no different then in 1950 then it was in 1980 then it is in 2014, if you watch the show you should be more then aware if what's going to happen

Are you serious bro?

Wrestling is of course different than 1950 and 1980. Hell its barely recognisable from the 50s.

And even the thickest viewers in the world realised thats what she was referring to. It was 72 hours after the shooting and without referring to MH17 itself by name, it was blatant what they were referencing. Im sure the chick playing Lana inside felt shitty about it, if not shes as classless as the people behind the writing of the promo.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know, a bit of fantasy booking here, once Rusev is through with Swagger, Lana bangs on about how there aren't anymore true Americans who are worthy of challenging Rusev, suddenly this hits

With the network renewals soon upon us this would be the perfect way to get people to renew :D

Like it :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you serious bro?

Wrestling is of course different than 1950 and 1980. Hell its barely recognisable from the 50s.

And even the thickest viewers in the world realised thats what she was referring to. It was 72 hours after the shooting and without referring to MH17 itself by name, it was blatant what they were referencing. Im sure the chick playing Lana inside felt shitty about it, if not shes as classless as the people behind the writing of the promo.

The entire promo could have been made at anytime during the run.

Yes it was done after the tragedy but it could just have easy done before, it was perfectly in fitting with what was said in the past. Yes they could have done what they did on Raw and have the music hit before the promo BUT considering he was facing a "American patriot" a promo was in fitting with the storyline.

The characters in wrestling have not changed that much "the authority" could be any era same as Roman Regins and Dean Ambrose etc, a dancing cowardly heel hello Honkey tonky man show me a promo from today's guys and you will find a similar one from a hundred different guys. Ambrose chucking loads of chairs in the ring? Mmmm where have I seen that before? Every storyline in wrestling has has been done before. It's slightly tweaked here or there.

Society has changed since those days but the basic parts of wrestling have not, yes it's more difficult sometimes to distinguish between heels and faces and a heel today who gets the cheers would have been booed out the building 20 years ago but the basic framework of the characters are the same

Is the current storyline in bad taste? Maybe but it's nothing near as serious as people are making out. If people are offended then tough it's part of life
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey bro let me just clarify i havent got a vandetta against the wwe lolz. Ive been watching 20 years now, always watched it and been posting here since 2009 with the likes of harris, jcr, sergio, nik matty, dmn, grabbi, steel, iamhuman jasonwat and dejavoodoo and all of these guys . Love it. Always been and still is my fav tv show. I love 90% of the things they do, but there are few things that gets me rolling my eyes. Not the kiddy comedy cus thats cool, its part of the product and i loved that stuff when i was a kid so why complain about that, but the political storylines i just insist they keep away from it, because they always go with the american agenda. The MH17 thing just had me disappointed in them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    Like it :)

Perfect booking, same as if real America played (and he could still go in the ring) or the American Bad Arse, so many ways of booking it
This discussion has been closed.