Tactical Voting To Keep The Tories Out &

miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
Forum Member
✭✭
increase the chance of a hung parliament.

If the Labour party are the biggest party in your constituency, vote Labour. If the Lib Dems are the biggest party, vote Lib Dem. If either are the second biggest party, do the same. If you don't, it splits the Labour / Lib-Dem vote and lets the tories in.

Keep the tories out, out, out!

Comments

• tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks. I go by the mantra: Anyone But Labour.
  • CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    or the Liberals.
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miles19740 wrote: »

If the Labour party are the biggest party in your constituency, vote Labour. If the Lib Dems are the biggest party, vote Lib Dem. If either are the second biggest party, do the same. If you don't, it splits the Labour / Lib-Dem vote and lets the tories in.

I shall vote either LibDem or Tory in my constituency. They were neck and neck in 2nd/3rd last time. Which depends on which I belive has the best chance of defeating Labour, who have helicoptered a political office of Unite in at the eleventh hour.

I certainly want a hung parliament, but not if Labour are anywhere near the levers of power.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pretty difficult if you have an idiot like George Osborne with an 11,731 majority. I think that either the labour or Lib Dem candidate should step down to defeat him.
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Help Labour? I'd rather chew off my left arm. I'll be voting Lib-Dem because they come a very close second to Labour in my marginal constituency.
  • miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »

Well yes, if you want to wreck the recovery.:(
  • FrameBreakerFrameBreaker Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about no to all 3?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    I shall vote either LibDem or Tory in my constituency. They were neck and neck in 2nd/3rd last time. Which depends on which I belive has the best chance of defeating Labour, who have helicoptered a political office of Unite in at the eleventh hour.

I certainly want a hung parliament, but not if Labour are anywhere near the levers of power.

If you vote Lib Dem in a tight constiuency, u may let the tories in.

My natural leaning is towards Labour, but in my constituency, Labour is very much the third party and doesn't have a hope in hell of winning, so I will vote Lib Dem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you vote Lib Dem in a tight constiuency, u may let the tories in.

I'm well aware of electoral mathmatics in this country. I have been following them for 30 years.

If I let the Tories in by voting LibDem, then that is a good deal better than letting Labour in by any means.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty difficult if you have an idiot like George Osborne with an 11,731 majority. I think that either the labour or Lib Dem candidate should step down to defeat him.

Well indeed. I dont know why the Lib Dems and Labour dont come to some sort of arrangement all over the country, because like it or not, the Lib Dems split the left leaning vote, and the tories then slip in through the back door...having said that...if there is a massive Ukip vote...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Help Labour? I'd rather chew off my left arm. I'll be voting Lib-Dem because they come a very close second to Labour in my marginal constituency.

That's ok as the tories are third. My motive is to get people to understand that if you dont want the tories to slip in, tactical voting is essential.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's ok as the tories are third. My motive is to get people to understand that if you dont want the tories to slip in, tactical voting is essential.

Can you not appreciate that tactical voting works both ways?

I will vote tactically to keep Labour OUT.
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good for you. My motive is to help deprive Labour of the one seat I have a say in. If the Tories were 2nd they would be getting my vote for the same reason. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm well aware of electoral mathmatics in this country. I have been following them for 30 years.

If I let the Tories in by voting LibDem, then that is a good deal better than letting Labour in by any means.

Uh oh!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you not appreciate that tactical voting works both ways?

I will vote tactically to keep Labour OUT.

Ofcourse, but my mission is to not let the tories in. I remember the two recessions, the under funding of the public services and a more divided Britain under them.
  • raidon04raidon04 Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »

yes, you should always vote preferably and honestly
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Poor u. Glad I am not stuck with Boy George. I am convinced he is just a robot reading a script written by 'Call Me Dave...I Am A Nice Guy' Cameron.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ofcourse, but my mission is to not let the tories in. I remember the two recessions, the under funding of the public services and a more divided Britain under them.

You have a selective memory disorder similar to my own.

I can remember things that happened many years ago quite vividly, but recent events fizzle out like a Labour majority.

Even with this debilitating condition, I can remember the utter disaster of the last 13 years which was no better than the preceding 18 years of Torydom.
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Lib Dems are useless, and will not gain power. And why keep the Tories out? unless of course you live on benefits. 5 more years of a government that have lied, robbed the pension funds, sold our gold reserves when the market was at it's lowest, fought tooth and nail to keep expenses secret, lied about the Lisbon Treaty and the Iraq war and have done what every Labour government has done, bankrupted the country.

God help us if we get them back.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You want ID cards :confused:
  • The SnakesThe Snakes Posts: 8,940
    Forum Member
    How exactly was Britain more divided under the Tories? The gap between rich and poor is far higher under Labour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paralax wrote: »
    The Lib Dems are useless.

On what basis do you make that declaration?

We have moutains and mountains of evidence as to the utter incompetence of Labour and Tories. The LibDems have not had an opportunity to prove themselves useless or otherwise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    You want ID cards :confused:

What are you scared of. A lot of countrys have ID cards.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are you scared of. A lot of countrys have ID cards.

Not with the same database behind it they don't, and the amount of lies the government have told regarding it's purpose, changing each time they are disproven, means they are intended for a purpose they won't admit, which can't possibly be good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    Not with the same database behind it they don't, and the amount of lies the government have told regarding it's purpose, changing each time they are disproven, means they are intended for a purpose they won't admit, which can't possibly be good.

If your not invoved in any shady activety then a quick swipe with an ID card will prove your innocence if you are asked to produce it. There are too many people prepared to give false ID's just to get off small offences.
This discussion has been closed.