coffee machine update

2»

Comments

• Iggy's BoyIggy's Boy Posts: 3,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So good espresso with nice crema using non-pressurised basket then?
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iggy's Boy wrote: »
    So good espresso with nice crema using non-pressurised basket then?

Yes, i am getting there,, but I don't think the beans are really for espresso, so when they start to run out I will get some different ones that are more for espresso.

It is just getting the grind and the tamping right, even professionals don't always get it right. I remember last year I went for a coffee with a friend in our costa and the espresso for my coffee did not pour right and he had to try again, by that time the milk had cooled down so he had to do that again as well.

If it cost me a bag of coffee beans to learn again I am not bothered. what I would love to do is go on one of these training things, but there is none around here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iggy: The idea behind roasting your own is a fresh roasted flavour. Roasted beans go stale remarkably quickly.

I'm no purist - I use a bean-to-cup machine, but freshly roasted beans are the dogs danglies.

Plus, you can store green beans an awful lot longer.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Summat wrote: »
    Iggy: The idea behind roasting your own is a fresh roasted flavour. Roasted beans go stale remarkably quickly.

I'm no purist - I use a bean-to-cup machine, but freshly roasted beans are the dogs danglies.

You are right, i have had coffee made from fresh roasted beans and they flavour is amazing.

Maybe one day I will get a small oven and do some myself, not easy to get in this country and I have no idea how easy it is to get the beans.

I getting into this machine of mine now, getting coffee coming out at a good speed and good crema, lovely taste.

i am going to put the machine on to heat up, pop over the shop to get some spuds and have another cup when I come back..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Summat wrote: »

Sorry, I was quite cheeky. I have no doubt that you're right about freshly roasted beans tasting amazing. It's just for me, going as far as grinding beans is a big step forward from the pre-ground plus delonghi setup I've got now. Already my parents think I'm mad when they visit and I make them a cup of coffee that involves more than kettle plus powder. I can only imagine their faces if they saw me roasting my own beans! :D

By the way, interesting to hear you use a bean to cup, Summat, may I ask which make and model?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »

I getting into this machine of mine now, getting coffee coming out at a good speed and good crema, lovely taste.

i am going to put the machine on to heat up, pop over the shop to get some spuds and have another cup when I come back..

Glad to hear you're getting on well with your setup! You're gonna be wired with all this coffee though:D