Options

Predictions for Music in 2013 (Merged)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With a little over a week left in 2012 I though I would post a thread to find out what people's predictions are for music in 2013.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Make or break album for Gaga

More acoustic or fusion

Less X Factor domination (although I still want Leona Lewis to bounce back, because that voice is heavenly - but that won't happen)
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rihannas greatest hits

Girls Aloud will announce their split

Jessie J's sophmore album will smash it in the second half of the year

Britneys 8th studio LP will be even worse then FF

One direction will see a massive decrease in popularity

Diana vickers return to music will be underwhelming

Nicole shertzhoweveryouspellhername will have a couple of uk number ones off the back off her successful x factor stint

Ed Sherans 2nd album will break records here and in America

My up and coming artist has to be Hoodie Allen. If you don't know who he is, youtube him. I got a feeling he's guna be big next year
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JLS will announce their split after releasing a greatest hits.

Beyonce will return to much better commercial success than she had with 4.

Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Rihanna's lead singles will all be #1 in numerous countries (ok I know that's cheating but I want to get atleast one right!); and all three of their albums will get to the UK top spot aswell. Gaga will also get a UK #1 single this year as she won't release half way through the week.

Katy Perry's next album will sell less than Teenage Dream as she wont be able to keep up the constant smashes she had last era in order for the album to sell.

Emeli Sande will sweep the Brits.

Jessie J's popularity will hold this year and will get atleast one #1 hit and a #1 album unless she releases against a massive act in the winter.

Take That will return (likely with Robbie) and have ginormous first week sales.

Girls Aloud will announce no plans for a new album.

Boyzone will 'reunite' for their 20th anniversary.

Leona will get another album i.e won't be dropped yet.

Either Jessie, Pixie Lott or Rita Ora will match Geri Halliwell's 4 UK #1's by a British female.

Ed Sheeran will finally get a #1 single (and by finally I mean after smashes like Lego House and A-Team he will actually get to the top spot this year).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My predictions...

Gaga will release an amazing third album.

Tom Odell will be the biggest male artist of the year.

Emeli Sande will continue to release bland music.

James Arthur will be the most critically acclaimed X Factor winner.

Lana Del Rey will release a 2nd album.
  • Options
    madmark20madmark20 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    AMELIA LILY will be your next future female artist .Shes going to smash america.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thread for people to pimp their favourites. ^
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    Either Jessie, Pixie Lott or Rita Ora will match Geri Halliwell's 4 UK #1's by a British female.

Damn I meant to put Cheryl here aswell.
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emeli Sandé will continue to milk 'Our Version Of Events'

The Saturdays will split.

Rihanna won't release an 8th album this year.

Nicki Minaj will begin to fade away

PSY won't have another hit in the UK.

Jessie J will smash it with her new single/album later in the year

One Direction will continue to dominate everything

Someone young and talented will tragically die in a massive shock death

Adele won't do much at all

None of the 2012 X Factor finalists will do well (bar Rylan who won't have musical success but will be everywhere in the media)

Beyonce will come back but won't do brilliantly

Kerli will become big

Lana Del Rey will disappear for a while

Marina & The Diamonds will continue to flop (sadly) and disappear for a while

House music will start to become very prominent

Rita Ora will have a few more massive hits

Ed Sheeran's second studio album will be absolutely massive

Britney will release another album, it will do OK.

will.i.am will have at least one number one single

JLS will flop
  • Options
    RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shall burst on to the music scene and set teenage hearts a flutter
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Thrift Shop will be a massive hit (especially in the US).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix will crack America and the Saturdays new US single will flop and then they'll split up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    • Britney will release her 8th studio album in the 4th quarter.
    • Rihanna won't, for a change.
    • Gwen Stefani will begin work on another solo project after No Doubt's disastrous 'comeback'. It will also bomb.
    • Miley Cyrus will release her 4th studio album and it will flop everywhere.
    • Jessie J will suffer from the 'sophmore slump'.
    • Diana Vickers will continue to say her new album is out 'soon' for the duration of the year, with no release materialising.
    • Nicole Scherzinger will have schamazing success with her 2nd studio album.
    • JLS will split up.
    • Charli XCX will receive raving reviews from critics for her debut, but wont bother the charts much.
    • Amelia Lily's album will flop as let's face it, 3 singles before an album has never not been disastrous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -The Saturdays will release a Greatest Hits collection in November 2013 with a farewell tour confirmed for early 2014.
    -Little Mix will have a hit in America with Wings.
    -"Rylan"will represent the UK in Eurovision 2013.
    -Will.i.am will have a number 1 album with #WillPower
    -Alexandra Burke will return in the summer with a summery smash hit single, new album due in time for XF (people will be surprised with the success after her last album "flopped")
    -A group called The Original Rudeboys will make it big in the UK and have a top 10 album.
    -The Sugababes will officially announce their split (with the majority of us assuming this had already happened)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I predict 2013 will be the year of the break ups and being dropped from your record label.

Bye bye to-
    The Saturdays - after years of promising us their next single will be their best to date and never actually staying TRUE to their word, The Saturdays will be forced to call it a day after low sales and lack of interest.

JLS - The boys will stay together but will be dropped. They will sign to an independent record label with little success. 2012 was a terrible year for these boys.

Lawson - A short but sweet career. Similar to that of Parade. The boys will just fade away never to be heard of again until one member appears on Celeb Big Brother in the near future.

Which other acts to you think will "vanish" or see a major dip in 2013??

Perhaps Cover Drive? Alexis Jordan? Amelia Lily??
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Musick1 wrote: »
    I predict 2013 will be the year of the break ups and being dropped from your record label.

Bye bye to-
    The Saturdays - after years of promising us their next single will be their best to date and never actually staying TRUE to their word, The Saturdays will be forced to call it a day after low sales and lack of interest.

JLS - The boys will stay together but will be dropped. They will sign to an independent record label with little success. 2012 was a terrible year for these boys.

Lawson - A short but sweet career. Similar to that of Parade. The boys will just fade away never to be heard of again until one member appears on Celeb Big Brother in the near future.

Which other acts to you think will "vanish" or see a major dip in 2013??

Perhaps Cover Drive? Alexis Jordan? Amelia Lily??

The Saturdays might go on a break (because of their children) but they have been signed in America so I don't think interest has died in them.

JLS won't get dropped but I think they might take a break too so Marvin can do acting and Aston can do a solo career.

I'm pretty sure Lawson are trying to crack America next year so I strongly doubt they will have a short career.

I think Alexis' and Cover Drive's next album will be make or break. Amelia will do great I think though, she's like a UK Miley Cyrus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Saturdays might go on a break (because of their children) but they have been signed in America so I don't think interest has died in them.

JLS won't get dropped but I think they might take a break too so Marvin can do acting and Aston can do a solo career.

I'm pretty sure Lawson are trying to crack America next year so I strongly doubt they will have a short career.

I think Alexis' and Cover Drive's next album will be make or break. Amelia will do great I think though, she's like a UK Miley Cyrus.

I hope Alexis Jordan does well... I too agree Album number 2 will make or break her. I just hope it makes her. She deserves more credit. She needs a cracking 1st single to launch album 2. (Remember Rihanna - Umbrella? )
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    You can't really compare Lawson to Parade. Lawson have been a LOT more successful than them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Since the New Year is fast approaching, I thought I would make a thread to see your predictions for artists/ bands in 2013!

It will be interesting this time next year to go back and see how we all got on!

My predictions are:
    JLS- will probably take a break due to Marvin having a baby. Upon their return, they will struggle to reconnect with their teenage fan base.

Girls Aloud- After the tour is finished; we will have constant speculation in the newspapers whether they have split for good. I think people forget when I read comments and articles that Cheryl has put her solo career on hiatus for the GA reunion that Cheryl’s main responsibility was Girls Aloud? Maybe I’m wrong! Individually, they all have been successful with their solo ventures, except Sarah, well at least Nadine tried! I hope this isn’t the end for them though; I want another album like Tangled Up!

Lady Gaga- she will never achieve the amount of attention or success received in 2009/ early 2010. However, I feel Art Pop will do well; hopefully it is better than the mediocre Born This Way.

Beyoncé- I doubted that she would regain her success after having the baby, but then I heard she was doing the Super Bowl and a HBO documentary, it’s fair to predict we will have a Beyoncé dominated 2013. Is that a good thing?

Mariah Carey-Despite the disaster that was Triumphant, I actually feel that Mariah will do well next year! However, it’s sad that the world’s best-selling female artist of the 90s has to rely on sensationalist stories coming from a feud with Nicki Minaj on American Idol to regain her popularity.

Nicki Minaj- IMO, the 2 albums she released this year were horrible with trashy songs! I’m a fan of Hip Hop and it’s frustrating to see her represented as a Hip Hop female artist, when her biggest song this year was ‘Starships’ which is a sh!t dance song!! Anyway, she will probably release another album that will see her destroy the genre of Hip Hop (Listen to I Endorse these strippers at your own risk!!)!

Rihanna-she will probably release another album which lacks artistry! Enough said about her!

Britney- I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that she is releasing an album next year, but don’t quote me on that! Lol! I hope it’s a development of Blackout! I want to see the artist in Britney come out in full force, something which Femme Fatale lacked and resulted in so-so sales!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    You can't really compare Lawson to Parade. Lawson have been a LOT more successful than them.

My comparison is based on my assumption that Lawson will have a short career just like Parade. To say they've been a LOT more successful than them is debateable.
    Its a debate I don't wanna have, as for me its like what would you rather have? Chicken Pox or a head cold - both equally as annoying
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Christina Aguilera will quit music
    JLS will "take a break" aka split up
    The Saturdays will have a top 20 hit in the US
    Alexis Jordan will have a top 10 album
    Alexandra Burke will come back big
    Amelia Lily's album won't be near top 10
    Nicki Minaj will release a new album but with more hiphop and pop combined (Super Bass, Moment 4 Life) than pure pop
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The same thing happened to Mis teeq (not the children bit) but just as i was getting into them they tried their luck in america had a decent enough hit (i think top 20?) then called it a day
    interest in the sats here ain`t that great tbh i don`t mind them but they seem the public have never really taken fully to them :/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beyonce` could have a big year it will be embarrassing for her if she doesn`t deliver with the album especially with the promo that the superbowl brings and the hype around her if she has the right single(s) i imagine she`ll be fine but we`ll have to wait and see i`m not too fussed with her anyway she ain`t my fave but good luck to her :)

Lady GaGa i expect to have a good comeback hopefully the fun gaga returns not the all serious born this way shit gaga that era made me dislike her

Girls Aloud as much as i`d love another even if just one more studio album i`m expecting them to announce on one of the last night of the tour they are calling it a day and that the tour was a closure of GA :(

Nicki will prob re re release the re up

Mariah i don`t know about her i guess even with Idol it could go either way I`d say a hit single but whether the almost does well who knows.

Britney i`d love a mixture of Blackout, Circus & in the zone would be epic

i hope Nicole Scherzinger has a good next era i loved her last album "Killer love",

is it true that Madonna had started her next album? if true maybe a late 2013 release ?
  • Options
    digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina Aguilera will quit music
    JLS will "take a break" aka split up
    The Saturdays will have a top 20 hit in the US
    Alexis Jordan will have a top 10 album
    Alexandra Burke will come back big
    Amelia Lily's album won't be near top 10
    Nicki Minaj will release a new album but with more hiphop and pop combined (Super Bass, Moment 4 Life) than pure pop

Thanks for the laugh:D
  • Options
    digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beyonce is going to come back and be massively successful in 2013. You can tell this is going to be her year.

ARTPOP... blah.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digichant wrote: »
    Thanks for the laugh:D

Funny enough, I think Alexandra Burke will also come back big!! 2012 was a disaster and a lesson learnt!!! Her label will stick to rnb pop instead of that awful 90s dance sound which did NOTHING for her vocals.
    I would imagine a tune with a similar sound to Alica Keys-Girl On Fire would work well as a "comeback single" for Alex in 2013.