Eagles...

2»

Comments

• Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like some lesser-known Eagles hits, in particular Please Come Home for Christmas and Life in the Fast Lane.
  • PCRosePCRose Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always loved the Eagles too but its a long time since I played them.
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always been amused that they said they wouldn't get back together until hell freezed over, and then eventually did get back together for the "Hell Freezes Over" tour. :D
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I like some lesser-known Eagles hits, in particular Please Come Home for Christmas and Life in the Fast Lane.

I know that from Home Alone - good song :)
    Previously I only knew that one and Hotel California (a classic) but I was surprised to learn recently that Journey to the Sorcerer was used as the HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy theme tune - very cool :cool:
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I know that from Home Alone - good song :)
    Previously I only knew that one and Hotel California (a classic) but I was surprised to learn recently that Journey to the Sorcerer was used as the HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy theme tune - very cool :cool:

I knew the Hitchhiker's music from the TV series but I didn't know it was by The Eagles until you just posted that.

I suppose it makes sense. I knew Douglas Adams was a bit of a classic rock fan and a big mate of David Gilmour from Pink Floyd.
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it was used as the music for the radio series beforehand too :)
  • DirtyhippyDirtyhippy Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the Eagles, I play their music at least once a week and yes they are middle of the road but they represent the very best of that genre in my opinion. Don Henley and Joe Walsh have done some great solo work and for me represent the sound of the Eagles between them.

Henley's Boys of Summer is ageless - it just doesn't get old.
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah, I forgot that one! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    rbautz wrote: »
    So what, should he find every artist lovable?

To the Eagles I love their Live albums.

Nowt wrong with that, I just dont like the use of the word he used.
  • TutorGirl89TutorGirl89 Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I love the Eagles. One of my all time favorite songs is New Kid In Town
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member

They didn't do that when we went a couple of years ago, we were gutted!
    Forum Member

Yeah, that and Desperado
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I have the Eagles greatest hits album, which I play quite a lot. I love the harmonies and the guitar solos, and their songs always seem so well crafted. Also I have seen Talon several times, who are a top quality tribute band. Haven't seen the real Eagles live though.
  • labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaah I love the Eagles...grew up with them playing all the time. My favourites are Best of My Love, One of These Nights, I Can't Tell You Why and Tequila Sunrise.

Also love Don Henley's solo stuff, like The Heart of The Matter and Last Worthless Evening.

Must go and listen to it all now :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eughh... I find their music so boring
  • TVGirl319TVGirl319 Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear it.... it always annoyed me on Money for Nothing... the rant he has about Gary Numan being a F***got :eek: ok it was 1985 but still very un-PC for the time.... apart from anything WTF!!!

The "**** with the earring and the make-up" verse in Money For Nothing isnt about Gary Numan, its about Prince!!
    Forum Member
    TVGirl319 wrote: »
    The "**** with the earring and the make-up" verse in Money For Nothing isnt about Gary Numan, its about Prince!!

ahh now that makes sense,.... but did Prince have an airplane?

It wasnt the mocking that bugged me it was the use of the word "F**ot"
  • TVGirl319TVGirl319 Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ahh now that makes sense,.... but did Prince have an airplane?

It wasnt the mocking that bugged me it was the use of the word "F**ot"

Americans call gays "****"!!! In the 80s, there was always speculation as to whether Prince was gay or not due to his image!!

By the way, I thought this thread was about The Eagles!!!:D:D
    Forum Member
    TVGirl319 wrote: »
    Americans call gays "****"!!! In the 80s, there was always speculation as to whether Prince was gay or not due to his image!!

By the way, I thought this thread was about The Eagles!!!:D:D

sorry, it wasnt me who started on about Mark Knopfler. :D
  • indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the Eagles. Don Henley & Glen Frey wrote some fantastic stuff together. Brilliant and very professional live. Saw them in Dublin a few years ago and will be seeing them in Tampa in November. The History of The Eagles is an excellent documentary to get an understanding of the band.
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish there more of these MOR bands about, just listening to Victim of Love and its almost Heavy Metal compared to what is in the charts at the moment, and Dire Straits are fantastic btw, I must be an old fogey :p
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only got into them thro a boy friend (as one does :o) about 15 yrs ago. He took me to their concert at Wembley and was amazing hearing everyone singing along to their hits. Hotel California etc. I still listen occasionally but no longer a big fan but their records do bring back happy memories of that relationship. Oh and we are still great friends now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...are shit