Options

Rita Ora in the Sugababes

MadeInHarryMadeInHarry Posts: 825
Forum Member
✭✭
Rita was suppose to complete the UK in the 2008 Euroviston Song Contest which she dropped out and was replaced by Jade Ewen, if Rita had stayed do you think she would of been put in the Sugababes like Jade, she has the look and image so I would of been surprised if they didn't ask her.

Do you think Rita would of done well solo if she was part of the band and fit into the girlband?

Comments

• Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,995
    Forum Member
    No I don't think they chose Jade because of her Eurovision slot and it would have been an awful choice. I don't think she would have fitted in at all and Jade's vocal worked (like the other replacements) because it was quite similar to the departing members.
  • Options
    MadeInHarryMadeInHarry Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I don't think they chose Jade because of her Eurovision slot and it would have been an awful choice. I don't think she would have fitted in at all and Jade's vocal worked (like the other replacements) because it was quite similar to the departing members.

I don't agree with the first bit. I think she was picked because the UK hadn't had a good enough entry for years and we finally came in the top 10 in years, if she came last I don't think she would of been in the Sugababes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't agree with the first bit. I think she was picked because the UK hadn't had a good enough entry for years and we finally came in the top 10 in years, if she came last I don't think she would of been in the Sugababes.

Jade was already signed to Island Records at the time she joined the Sugababes, that was probably more of a factor than Eurovision.

Either way, Rita would have been a terrible choice.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really think the eurovision aspect has little to do with it and more likely Jade was already signed to the same label as Sugababes and was readily available on the managements' books for hire.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    I also doubt Rita would have done as well as Jade did at Eurovision.
    Jade has a better voice
  • Options
    WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita Ora has too big a personality to be in a group. I don't mean that in a positive way, from what I have seen of her she is brash, arrogrant and generally unlikable.

The Sugababes were done by then anyway. I feel sorry for Jade but putting her in the band was a total waste of time. Without Keisha they were nothing. For me, they jumped the shark when Mutya left and many fans agree.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wuthering wrote: »
    Rita Ora has too big a personality to be in a group. I don't mean that in a positive way, from what I have seen of her she is brash, arrogrant and generally unlikable.

The Sugababes were done by then anyway. I feel sorry for Jade but putting her in the band was a total waste of time. Without Keisha they were nothing. For me, they jumped the shark when Mutya left and many fans agree.

Now there's one I agree with you on.

For a while there we had MKS with Mutya and Keisha back together, I wonder what happened to them?
  • Options
    WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »

For a while there we had MKS with Mutya and Keisha back together, I wonder what happened to them?

Is that sarcastic? I genuinely can't tell.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wuthering wrote: »
    Is that sarcastic? I genuinely can't tell.

No, I really wanted to know if 'Flatline' is all we are going to get from MKS? Because if it is that would be disappointing. And MKS are a lot more interesting than Rita Ora being in Sugababes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    No, I really wanted to know if 'Flatline' is all we are going to get from MKS? Because if it is that would be disappointing. And MKS are a lot more interesting than Rita Ora being in Sugababes.

Hold on its coming....... Still!
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    I also doubt Rita would have done as well as Jade did at Eurovision.
    Jade has a better voice

Eurovision is about who's the best singer???
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Eurovision is about who's the best singer???

For that particular song, yes. It would have flopped with a mediocre voice or mans voice.