Sony UK Gets Franklin and Bash

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
Forum Member
After being unceremoniously dumped by E4, Franklin and Bash s3 is going to air on Sony TV from August 28th

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/07/sony-entertainment-television-acquires-uk-rights-tnts-franklin-bash/

Comments

• NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great news, although I've already seen season 3, but hopefully they continue with season 4 in the future too.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's great news - I've also watched Season 3 but i'll keep an eye on the channel to see if they get S4.

Wonder if they'll go after Covert Affairs and Once Upon a Time ?
  • LMLM Posts: 63,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit annoying as I would like to see season 1 as i have never seen it before
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    That's great news - I've also watched Season 3 but i'll keep an eye on the channel to see if they get S4.

Wonder if they'll go after Covert Affairs and Once Upon a Time ?

No, it's a dumping ground for Sony Pictures TV shows. Covert Affairs is produced by Universal Television, Once Upon A Time is produced by ABC Studios.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great news, but I don't recall seeing S2 or 3 being over here. Shame they can't show them as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news, but I don't recall seeing S2 or 3 being over here. Shame they can't show them as well.

E4 showed Season 1 and 2 and then dropped it.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As has been said, season 1 and 2 aired on E4. Sony TV are starting with season 3 so that existing UK viewers can simply continue, but I suspect they will also air previous seasons too at some point, that’s what they have done with other programmes they have picked up mid-run from other broadcasters.

I’ve already seen season 3 and thought it was really good, maybe better than 1 and 2. Hopefully season 4 follows sometime next year.
    If you’re a new viewer you can start with season 3 and go back to seasons 1 and 2 later, its very easy to pick up with no long continuing plot lines spanning multiple seasons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Thanks for the info. I guess S2 just passed me by. Still, I doubt I'll have missed a great deal.

And although I like it, I still think The Defenders was a better show..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just in case anyone didn't know, Sony TV are starting Season 4 of this next Thursday at 10pm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just in case anyone didn't know, Sony TV are starting Season 4 of this next Thursday at 10pm.

Great, thanks for the heads up. I'd already seen season 3 so was waiting for season 4. I didn't expect it so soon!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad news for fans of the show; TNT has canceled it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Shame. At least we have season 4 to enjoy on Sony TV.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just saw that. Gutted. I love this show. It's light relief. I thought it might be on the cards though when they brought Heather Locklear in last season. She didn't really add anything and losing Carmen and Pinder this season is sad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know why Sony appear to have stopped mid-way through season 4? Is it just a Christmas/New Year break or something?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd imagine since most channels are pausing shows for christmas that sony will be no different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a reminder that season 4 resumes on Sony TV tomorrow night after its Christmas/New Year break.
    There are 4 episodes remaining, which are also the final ever 4 episodes.

It appears the SKY series link hasn’t picked up the remaining episodes so you’ll probably have to re-add it to your planner.