PICK TV to show Dog the Bounty Hunter

Comments

• Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The FB page appears to be real, Pick CA Michelle Livings is posting on the page.
  • PriliclaPrilicla Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3rd January 2013 from Digiguide:

Elementary S1
    Treasure Island
    Game of Thrones S1

This is getting better and better ! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elementary etc. flipping heck Sky must have lost the plot, they are putting real new programmes on Pick TV:D

Well I won't complain.

With these new shows maybe they will up the sitcom output and put season two of Modern family on sometime soon and The Middle.

The coverage for Sci Fi and drama has been fairly good but Pick needs a few sitcoms, I know you could class Futurama as a sitcom but some more would be nice.

The response for Voyager makes sense, from the guide it seems to the season after Seven of Nine joined the crew.

Is it just me or is it weird seeing her on Body of Proof:confused:
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pick TV will start airing Sky News headline bulletins from 9pm tonight.

http://tvnewsroom.co.uk/news/sky-news-to-launch-one-minute-bulletins-on-pick-tv-51887/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elementary etc. flipping heck Sky must have lost the plot, they are putting real new programmes on Pick TV:D

Well I won't complain.

The new appointed director Stephen Ladlow for Sky`s freeview channels has a love for tv programmes.

http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/news/1145672/

I now watch Pick tv more than ever,may he continue to show new US shows. :) !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know the reason Star Trek Voyager isn't getting a prime-time repeat?

Could it be that they will run back2back episodes at the weekend?
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Prilicla wrote: »
    The new appointed director Stephen Ladlow for Sky`s freeview channels has a love for tv programmes

Sky does also buy the FTA rights to the shows they acquire but have hardly ever used them. It was always a case of buy them to stifle competition but i think they have realized, finally, that using them makes alot more economic sense than keeping them and using them when they are on the verge of expiry, when they are next to worthless.

If they make a decent goof PickTV, it could be a cracking channel.
    I am still a little unsure where this move came from though and what its motives are.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,415
    Forum Member
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Sky does also buy the FTA rights to the shows they acquire but have hardly ever used them. It was always a case of buy them to stifle competition but i think they have realized, finally, that using them makes alot more economic sense than keeping them and using them when they are on the verge of expiry, when they are next to worthless.

If they make a decent goof PickTV, it could be a cracking channel.
    I am still a little unsure where this move came from though and what its motives are.

Sky are clearly improving and diversifying Pick's content and l hope that Stephen Ladlow continues this welcome trend. That said, Pick TV still has some way to go yet before it matches the varied content of the old Sky 3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that all explains why Pick TV has improved in the last 12 months or so.

And well done Mr Ladlow, now get some sitcoms on there to replace Futurama or one episode of each and Pick will be a fairly solid general entertainment channel that will get a solid number of viewers.

If only Sky had a freeview movie once a week or month that would be great, say 9 pm Friday or Saturday it would pull in extra viewer especially if they went for something fairly new.
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prilicla wrote: »
    3rd January 2013 from Digiguide:

Elementary S1
    Treasure Island
    Game of Thrones S1

This is getting better and better ! :)

Hi Prilicla i just look on Digiguide: and none of those shows are listed.

This might be because channel 5 have Celebrity Big Brother Live launch on 3/1/13 so may be pick have move then to the following week .

Time will tell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomee wrote: »

This might be because channel 5 have Celebrity Big Brother Live launch on 3/1/13 so may be pick have move then to the following week .

Time will tell.

Lets hope it was not an error on Digiguide !
    Forum Member
    Well that all explains why Pick TV has improved in the last 12 months or so.

And well done Mr Ladlow, now get some sitcoms on there to replace Futurama or one episode of each and Pick will be a fairly solid general entertainment channel that will get a solid number of viewers.

If only Sky had a freeview movie once a week or month that would be great, say 9 pm Friday or Saturday it would pull in extra viewer especially if they went for something fairly new

As I recall, TV Time Mike, Sky 3 did towards the end have a movie slot, e.g. on a Saturday evening although they tended to be of B movie/TV movie type. That doesn't necessarily mean that they were all bad since there have been many blockbusters that have turned out to be turkeys in terms of entertainment value.

Time will tell.

I just wanted to say thanks to tomee for all the updates in this and the Freeview forum for they are appreciated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let me agree there without Tomee keeping upto date we might have missed some rather good programmes this year.

Do we have any news on the New Year lineup for Pick TV yet or are we still waiting for a confirmation?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you TelevisionUser & TV Time Mike for your kind words.

Sun, 13 January 2013

6:00pm Stargate: The Ark of Truth
    This feature length follow-up to the action packed series sees the SG-1 team embark on their deadlie.

8:00pm Terra Nova
    Steven Spielberg's epic adventure has arrived. It's the year 2149, the world is dying and the only

9:00pm Warehouse 13
    A pair of secret service agents are transferred from the president's protection team to the secret u.

10:00pm Strike Back
    Adapted from the Chris Ryan bestseller, Richard Armitage and Andrew Lincoln headline an all-star cast

Look like pickTV are going to start showing some good show from this date.I will bring you more news when i get it. I think there may be more good show coming in that week but detail have not been release yet.
    Forum Member
    Thank you TelevisionUser & TV Time Mike for your kind words.

Sun, 13 January 2013

6:00pm Stargate: The Ark of Truth
    This feature length follow-up to the action packed series sees the SG-1 team embark on their deadlie.

8:00pm Terra Nova
    Steven Spielberg's epic adventure has arrived. It's the year 2149, the world is dying and the only

9:00pm Warehouse 13
    A pair of secret service agents are transferred from the president's protection team to the secret u.

10:00pm Strike Back
    Adapted from the Chris Ryan bestseller, Richard Armitage and Andrew Lincoln headline an all-star cast

Look like pickTV are going to start showing some good show from this date.I will bring you more news when i get it. I think there may be more good show coming in that week but detail have not been release yet.

This is good news, tomee, and I am pleased that Stephen Ladlow, the new director of Pick TV and Challenge, is improving the entertainment content of Pick TV. I only wish he'd been a few years earlier!
  • Dar WDar W Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that Strike Back the 1st or 2nd series because Pick showed the 1st series a few months ago.Very enjoyable so hoping its the 2nd series
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dar W wrote: »
    Is that Strike Back the 1st or 2nd series because Pick showed the 1st series a few months ago.Very enjoyable so hoping its the 2nd series

Hi Dar W.Its season 1 season 2 is called Strike Back: Project Dawn.Which i hope pickTV will shown after season 1.
  • Dar WDar W Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Dar W.Its season 1 season 2 is called Strike Back: Project Dawn.Which i hope pickTV will shown after season 1.

Cheers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yippee Warehouse 13!

Saw a few of them via TUTV they could be a little odd but great Sci Fi fun.

Wonder if they will also do A Town Called Eureka as well.

Once again well done Tomee looks like a bright New Year for Pick TV.
  • Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    Yippee Warehouse 13!

Saw a few of them via TUTV they could be a little odd but great Sci Fi fun.

Wonder if they will also do A Town Called Eureka as well.

Once again well done Tomee looks like a bright New Year for Pick TV.

Do you work for Sky? Your posts on the subject of Pick TV are nauseating and sycophantic to say the least.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So who peed in your morning coffee then?:p

No I don't work for Sky and if you've seen some of my other posts regarding their pay tv service you would see I'm no fan of them or their big stick approach to dealing with other companies.:mad:

But as I have freeview and like Sci Fi shows it's nice to be able to watch them.:D

Lets not forget that Pick TV hasn't been very good since it changed from Sky 3 so it's nice to see something alittle more varied on the service after all Sky have the right to broadcast so much stuff just so it stops other providers, e.g. those on freeview, broadcasting a lot of shows.

But as it's Christmas and as I have to keep my blood pressure down what the heck you believe what you like if it makes you feel better:cry:
    Forum Member
    Do you work for Sky? Your posts on the subject of Pick TV are nauseating and sycophantic to say the least.

That is an unfair, unnecessary and unfounded comment. TV Time Mike, like others of us, has commented that the content on Pick TV has improved (which it has) and that it's also started to show science fiction shows such as Stargate Universe, Stargate and so on. Many people appreciate that genre as we can see from this Digital Spy forum here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you TelevisionUser for your support :)

Ginger Daddy if I wanted abuse I'd call up my in-laws;)

Anyhow I won't let it get me down (Buy Sky TV you know you want to:D) No but seriously I just like Sci Fi and comedy and it's nice to have a station broadcasting it. Even if it is the freeview arm of 'evil' Sky.

I also see that Pick is running The Middle in a 6am- 7am from the 31st which I assume will be series 1 again so I'll be able to watch that too so that's my holiday nicely tied up
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am going off topic just for this post as i think this information will be useful to some members.

Wednesday, 02 January 2013

9:10am Charmed
    3:00pm Charmed (Repeat of the 9:10 show)

Weekdays on E4.

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thursday, 24 January 2013

7:00pm Modern Family
    The Emmy-winning comedy is back for a second season. Phil finally agrees to sell the family's old st.

7:30pm Bradley Wiggins
    Compelling documentary following Bradley Wiggins in a year when he became the first Briton to win

9:00pm Elementary
    Classic detective series Sherlock Holmes gets a US twist as Jonny Lee Miller plays the iconic sleuth.

10:00pm Game of Thrones
    Treachery, lust and murder reign as Sean Bean and Lena Headey star in the opening episode of HBO's s.

11:20pm Modern Family
    The Emmy-winning comedy is back for a second season. Phil finally agrees to sell the family's old st.

11:50pm Bradley Wiggins
    Compelling documentary following Bradley Wiggins in a year when he became the first Briton to win

1:10am Elementary
    Classic detective series Sherlock Holmes gets a US twist as Jonny Lee Miller plays the iconic sleuth.

2:10am Game of Thrones
    Treachery, lust and murder reign as Sean Bean and Lena Headey star in the opening episode of HBO's s...

Season two of Modern Family + new shows pick TV is picking up nicely.:D