Options

Pixie Lott - New Single

2»

Comments

• Options
    steven87gillsteven87gill Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of her first singles were great, but I'm not sure about some of her recent stuff.

I do worry that perhaps the record execs have got in her ear, telling her to be 'edgier' & make 'racy' videos.

Now, before the females on here crucify me, please hear me out.

It's just i sort of roll-eyes when i see the online news bits about her 'raciest video ever'.

I'm not a prude or anything, I've got no issue with artists (male or female) using their bodies to help sell records, if you've got it, flaunt it, & she is very pretty.

But I worry she's being a bit manipulated by Record Execs into doing what she thinks she has to do to sell albums.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I do like nasty with pixie's vocals ive listened to the christina cee lo version and I aint to keen on that version
  • Options
    Tombo60Tombo60 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does sound rather dated.
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's absolutely horrific! It sounds dreadful, and the video looks awful! She can do so much better than this, I actually liked her first few singles.

Sorry, but this is a terrible comeback.
  • Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know the midweek for "Nasty"?
  • Options
    StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Dated' is the word. It looks like something Rachel Stevens or an ex-member of Steps would have recorded as a B-side or second solo single. Those horns just sound so...late 90s early 2000s. Almost like Spice Girls or Geri Halliwell but without the charm.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    It was #5 in yesterdays midweeks, according to buzzjack.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pixie/her label have really messed up. She could have been absolutely huge. Her first album was fantastic, she sounded amazing and her music was quirky and different. Then she just went way, way too pop and cheesey. There's nothing special or different about her music anymore and her voice seems to have lost its beautiful husky tones that it had during the first album. Such a shame.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Currently #11 on iTunes. Just noticed it's 59p too...
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Currently #11 on iTunes. Just noticed it's 59p too...

She lets herself down releasing music like this, it's trash.
  • Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i would say number 5 is good
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a good comeback song at all
    Even the original demo with Xtina wasn't good.

She wasted her time in fighting the label to release this, as she claimed in a recent interview
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 51,038
    Forum Member
    Not a good comeback song at all
    Even the original demo with Xtina wasn't good.

She wasted her time in fighting the label to release this, as she claimed in a recent interview

Did Christina originally record this during the Back To Basic sessions, ditch it and re-record with Cee-lo Green? I ask only because (mainly because of the horns) it sounds like something that could have been on Back To Basics.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She lets herself down releasing music like this, it's trash.

She always was downmarket in my book.
  • Options
    LinseyapLinseyap Posts: 5,748
    Forum Member
    I just heard she'd covered this song today, compared to Christina she sounds pathetic. I've got nothing against Pixie but this was a bad idea! The big note makes me want to go "aaw well done for trying love."
  • Options
    FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    Some of her first singles were great, but I'm not sure about some of her recent stuff.

I do worry that perhaps the record execs have got in her ear, telling her to be 'edgier' & make 'racy' videos.

Now, before the females on here crucify me, please hear me out.

It's just i sort of roll-eyes when i see the online news bits about her 'raciest video ever'.

I'm not a prude or anything, I've got no issue with artists (male or female) using their bodies to help sell records, if you've got it, flaunt it, & she is very pretty.

But I worry she's being a bit manipulated by Record Execs into doing what she thinks she has to do to sell albums.
    You're not a prude Steven, as part of a research project I interviewed the head of the music video's production company and he highlighted Pixie Lott as an example of another artist being forced onto a flesh-bearing bandwagon.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Did Christina originally record this during the Back To Basic sessions, ditch it and re-record with Cee-lo Green? I ask only because (mainly because of the horns) it sounds like something that could have been on Back To Basics.

No it was recorded during the Burlesque sessions for the soundtrack of the movie she did.