How To Get Away With Murder (UK pace)

Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,159
Forum Member
✭✭✭
"Shonda Rhimes’ new ABC drama How To Get Away With Murder will receive its UK premiere on Universal Channel on Wednesday October 22nd at 10pm, it has been announced.

How To Get Away With Murder is described as a sexy, suspense-driven legal thriller about a group of ambitious law students and their brilliant, mysterious criminal defence professor who become entangled in a murder plot that will rock the entire university and change the course of their lives...."

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/09/universal-channel-sets-uk-premiere-date-get-away-murder/

Comments

• Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's the night then. Anybody else going to watch?
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to give it a go to see if I like it.
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Only heard about this show by chance today on another forum, did a quick search and it starts tonight. Result!
  • chocolategagachocolategaga Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    this and the flash are the ones im most excited for CANT WAIT just over half an hour folks
  • chocolategagachocolategaga Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    just watched it & omfg one of the best pilots i watched in a long time. Viola Davis is too brillant if that is even possible shonda rhimes i solute you.

P.s. i have never watched a shonda rhimes show so not sure if its anything like her other shows
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greys anatomy and scandal are awesome shows as was greys anatomy spin-off private practice. Really enjoy this too,very intriguing ending
  • TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pilot was brilliant. Got me hooked straight away.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots going on including flashes back/forward so you needed to pay attention. Not sure they can keep up that pace! ;)
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff until they went with the police doctoring the video defense which was rather stupid. Very fast paced show which we can expect with Shonda Rhimes shows. The young black guy who caught her in the act is like C3PO. :D
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brilliant pilot!

Im hooked

cant wait for next week
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :blush::blush::blush: I forgot about it!!!!! :o I was all ready to watch knowing it started this week. No idea why but I just forgot.

So I have it V+ to record on a Thursday night.
  • King_MrhKing_Mrh Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed it, looking forward to seeing the story unfold.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good stuff until they went with the police doctoring the video defense which was rather stupid. Very fast paced show which we can expect with Shonda Rhimes shows. The young black guy who caught her in the act is like C3PO. :D

Dean Thomas from Harry Potter
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dean Thomas from Harry Potter

He's British? He's very good. Is his character supposed to have aspergers?
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    He's British? He's very good. Is his character supposed to have aspergers?

:o As far as I know, nope! He's supposed to be the naïve, innocent one...
  • lolla_7lolla_7 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed it! I knew I recognised Wes from somewhere but I think the accent threw me. When I googled and saw Dean Thomas I was immediately kicking myself for not realising without google.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the episode. It did sometimes a little too fast and a lot of tropes from a Shonda Rhimes show were definitely there but yeah, the central mystery is interesting enough.

Annalise intrigues and I do see an Emmy in Viola Davis future for the show.

Connor was the more interesting out of the students but I did like Michaels and Wes.

Laurel and Asher seemed like blank canvases for now.

Will definitely keep watching this for now, 7/10.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched and loved it.

Hope it can keep up the pace as it goes along.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    For me, a poor opening episode - but I liked the body in the rug scenes......case, not so good, found that stuff all unbelievable.

Never heard of Shonda Rhimes.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    For me, a poor opening episode - but I liked the body in the rug scenes......case, not so good, found that stuff all unbelievable.

Same here. Didn't really bond with any of the characters. They are all unlikeable in some way, even if it's because they're too nice/weedy.
    I watched becuase of the hype on this thread and didn't get it myself.

It's worth a look in next episode to see how it develops but it didn't grab me as a must see.
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »

Creator is Pete Nowalk, Shonda Rhimes is the producer. She created Grey's Anatomy and Scandal.
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Same here. Didn't really bond with any of the characters. They are all unlikeable in some way, even if it's because they're too nice/weedy.
    I watched becuase of the hype on this thread and didn't get it myself.

It's worth a look in next episode to see how it develops but it didn't grab me as a must see.

Funny because other places are saying they're all smug, obnoxious characters :D:o.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I thought that was why Wes was there though.

He's the one who's different. He's not a go for the throat lawyer and not (supposed) to be smug and/or obnoxious.

He's the nice guy who isn't a shit hot law student, got into the class by the skin of his teeth and probably the one the fans are supposed to follow and releate to.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Wes is played by Alfred Enoch, the son of William Russell (Ian from Doctor Who).