the goldbergs (E4 pace)

chocolategagachocolategaga Posts: 318
Forum Member
hey all,

dunno if anyone will be interested in this show or not but its a comedy set in the 80's and was announced by E4 this morning to air early 2015 http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/12/e4-snaps-uk-rights-abcs-goldergs/. Already in its second season in the usa, I might give it a look myself am interested to see what people think when it begins

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a great show to be honest. Not laugh out loud funny but it has a great cast and it has a great 80's setting. Season 1 was a bit meh but season 2 is where the show blooms.
  • chocolategagachocolategaga Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    thought id bump this seeing as an airdate of the 20th of april at 7:30 pm has been confirmed http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2015/04/e4-sets-uk-premiere-date-for-the-goldbergs/ still curious to see it but the ads e4 are running make it seem a little cringy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Going to give this a go, adverts look good.
    Thursday nights are going to be full of American tv.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is currently one of my favourite shows, The mother is fantastic and the rest of the cast are very good too especailly Barry Goldberg.
  • albundy73albundy73 Posts: 2,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume this will be shown every weekday at 19.30? I would have preferred once a week at a later time.

Does anyone know if this is likely to be edited by E4? I generally won't watch daytime comedies on E4 due to the over the top cuts but not sure if programmes after 19.00 are shown uncut or only after 20.00.

Or is a comedy which wouldn't require much in the way of edits?
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    albundy73 wrote: »

Or is a comedy which wouldn't require much in the way of edits?

It's very innocent to be honest, can't see what they'd possibly need to edit

Kind of like The Wonder Years set in the 80s
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    It's a good show, on before Modern Family on ABC in the US. The only thing that may bug people is there is never a set year, it's always 'In 1980 something...' So you may get a reference to something from 1985 and something from 1987 in the same episode.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw the ad for it tonight. Probably give it a go. Is it replacing Baby Daddy on E4 - odd if it is as they'll be stopping mid-season.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starting very shortly (7.30pm) on E4. Seems to be on every weeknight at least.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a good show, on before Modern Family on ABC in the US. The only thing that may bug people is there is never a set year, it's always 'In 1980 something...' So you may get a reference to something from 1985 and something from 1987 in the same episode.

I prefer it that way. It means it doesn't get tied down to a specific year.

It more about the 80s feel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw the ad for it tonight. Probably give it a go. Is it replacing Baby Daddy on E4 - odd if it is as they'll be stopping mid-season.

I think Baby Daddy has stopped midseason because it's currently on a break in the states The second half of season 4 doesn't continue until June.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it on every night and not once a week?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Why is it on every night and not once a week?

Maybe E4 want to catch up? Season 2 finishes in two weeks in the US, so they are effectively two years behind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if Season Two has been show weekly in America?

Really enjoying this show.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jackles27 wrote: »

Really enjoying this show.

On and off it is shown weekly. There have been gaps, which is usual for US shows.
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Just watched first episode. Liking it so far.
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    I'd not heard of this until earlier. I watched the first two episodes on E4+1 & liked them.

After episode two finished, I went to record episode 3 ( which I assumed would be the next episode to be aired ) but it's not the next episode that they are showing!

For some reason the next episode to be aired will actually be episode 6, followed on tuesday by episode 7, and then 8, 9, 10 and so on.

I don't no what is wrong with episodes 3 & 4?

I'm a bit disappointed with that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Episodes 3-5 aired on Wed-Friday with no problem
    Of course Monday will resume with episode 6
    Forum Member
    Episodes 3-5 aired on Wed-Friday with no problem
    Of course Monday will resume with episode 6

So if 1 & 2 were on today, when are 3 & 4 to be shown again?
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    So if 1 & 2 were on today, when are 3 & 4 to be shown again?

Sunday 3rd May from 3pm

The first showing of each episode is weekdays at 19:30, we're now up to Ep. 5 with Ep. 6 airing Monday 27th.

Episodes 1 & 2 will be repeated again Saturday 2nd May from 11am, episodes 3 & 4 will air on Sunday as above and again from 11:30 on Saturday 9th with episodes 5 & 6 repeating on Sunday 10th and so on.

It's going to get very complicated trying to keep up if you just watch the weekend repeats so you might want to catch up on episodes 3-5 on All-4 or whatever they're calling 4OD these days!
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackles27 wrote: »

21 out of 24 have aired already. it finishes in May
    Forum Member
    phil solo wrote: »
    Sunday 3rd May from 3pm

The first showing of each episode is weekdays at 19:30, we're now up to Ep. 5 with Ep. 6 airing Monday 27th.

Episodes 1 & 2 will be repeated again Saturday 2nd May from 11am, episodes 3 & 4 will air on Sunday as above and again from 11:30 on Saturday 9th with episodes 5 & 6 repeating on Sunday 10th and so on.

It's going to get very complicated trying to keep up if you just watch the weekend repeats so you might want to catch up on episodes 3-5 on All-4 or whatever they're calling 4OD these days!

Excellent. I'm gonna get this sorted on my PVR right away.

Thanks.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its certainly a good show. It started off OK in the US in a usually bad slot but did quite well. It was then moved to a better slot and has done extremely well during the 2nd season as more people heard about it.

I'm guessing that they've only started showing it herenow vbecause its fate was undecided last year so they didn't know whether to show it internationally. But now it's doing really well in the US, they brought it here. Explains the lateness.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you are right salv
    There is a lot of worry from UK broadcasters on what US shows to pick up these days. They likely want to spend money on a show that has a few seasons under it's belt, not shows that barely last 13 episodes. I don't blame them. I remember how much effort WATCH went to, in order to pick up Believe and Almost Human. They both had major advertising from the channel but it was all a waste as both were cancelled. Sky 1 have been doing the same for Forever.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoying it so far, decent comedy with a great side order of nostalgia.

And the end credit real-life-reference is something different. And surprising, especially the one with the wedding ring.