Inappropriate behaviour at concerts.

Comments

• Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had to persuade the man in front of us not to start smoking drugs and no we didn't want to share with him. It was at a Courtney Love gig though lol.

People were pissed around us at Madonna in Hyde Park which was annoying.

These women were arguing at Patti Smith (one pissed woman had literally gone around most of the venue picking fights with people- as did the man she was with He tried knocking me over so he could get in front of me.) Anyway Patti heard "GET YOUR F*CKING HANDS OFF ME BEFORE I KNOCK YOU OUT" stopped and told them to basically chill the f*ck out.
  • brunoloverbrunolover Posts: 2,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, it is just the constant general loud chatter a group of people will have throughout the gig as if they are in a busy pub listening to the jukebox in the background. It is only when a song they know or like starts will they bother to pay attention for 5 minutes.
    Plus, I never understand why people get so blind drunk before a gig that they are either vomiting or picking fights. You can do all that without having to pay the price of a gig ticket.
  • SweetHeartHollySweetHeartHolly Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucyloves wrote: »
    When I saw Florence and the Machine at Bestival some guy got on his friends shoulders and took all his clothes off, completely butt naked. Luckily we were a little way behind him I wouldn't have wanted to be near that, especially when he eventually fell off!
    To me, people who do that should be thrown out.

God bless you always!!! :):):)

Holly
  • chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Legacy o9 wrote: »
    I had a cup of piss thrown at me when I went to see Professor Green earlier this year, vowed never to see another act live again unless they have seating.

I got so angry but everyone else made out like it was part and parcel to going to see someone live! I'd rather not.

Thats awful. I must lead a sheltered life as I didn't know this sort of thing went on!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brunolover wrote: »
    For me, it is just the constant general loud chatter a group of people will have throughout the gig as if they are in a busy pub listening to the jukebox in the background. It is only when a song they know or like starts will they bother to pay attention for 5 minutes.
    Plus, I never understand why people get so blind drunk before a gig that they are either vomiting or picking fights. You can do all that without having to pay the price of a gig ticket.
    I hate when people act like no one is on the stage yet too and then to get completely wasted before the show even starts makes me wonder why they even came to the show in the first place. :confused::confused::confused:

God bless you always!!! :):):)

Holly
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another one is people waving their camera phones in the air for the entire gig. I get it you want to take a picture or record a song but it kills the atmosphere and blocks my view.
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    chris1978 wrote: »
    Thats awful. I must lead a sheltered life as I didn't know this sort of thing went on!

I'm afraid I've never been to a single gig where a cup of piss hasn't been thrown at some point! I've no idea why people do it though - absolutely no one finds it funny.

The worst was way back in 2005 when I went to see the Kaiser Chiefs and the cup was thrown in the first verse of the first song, right in front of me - so me and my friends had to stand in it for the entire set.

I agree that bad behaviour can ruin a gig, but I do hate it when people don't let other people have any fun. There is nothing worse than when you're at a rock concert and the guy behind you has a go at you for standing up even though everyone else is as well. That's just out of order.
  • DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    ^ One of my pet hates is singers turning up late. It is totally disrespectful to the crowd. They don't consider that these people take time off work to see them, get public transport which can be difficult to get home using if the gig doesn't finish at a reasonable time. All because they wanna act like a rock star.

It's ridiculous and they have no right to do it.

You wouldn't have liked Guns N' Roses when they didn't get on stage until 11 pm. Was suppose to be 9pm. The concert didn't finish until 2am.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Couldn't agree more, I went to 2 relatively 'mainsteam' concerts last weekend and both were ruined by morons not knowing how to behave in confined public spaces. At the Kelly Clarkson concert at Wembley a group of teenage girls started actually fighting, ended with blood everywhere and was ages before it got cleaned up and no-one even got thrown out!

Two nights later I treated my other half to very expensive tickets in the gold circle at the o2 to see Jennifer Lopez, a group of 4 Polish girls insisted on bouncing round pushing into everyone and then squaring up to anyone who told them to behave. Completely ruined the atmosphere for everyone who had spent their hard earned money to be there..
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    Another one is people waving their camera phones in the air for the entire gig. I get it you want to take a picture or record a song but it kills the atmosphere and blocks my view.

It is kinda annoying as you end up seeing the show through their 'phone. The worst though has to be people bringing iPads or other tablets to a gig and using them to take photos on. Why on earth would you wave a big thing like that around to take a photo on?
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    It is kinda annoying as you end up seeing the show through their 'phone. The worst though has to be people bringing iPads or other tablets to a gig and using them to take photos on. Why on earth would you wave a big thing like that around to take a photo on?

And then some of these people have the audacity to kick off or moan when their iPads almost inevitably get damaged. Anyone who holds a £400 piece of tech up in the air in front of a drunken crowd of thousands of people is just asking for trouble...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    brunolover wrote: »

I once read Nina Simone used to stop playing if people were talking too loudly during her performances. She used to walk off stage because she was so furious about it.
  • XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Never seen that happen before.
  • XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I went to see Beyonce and she sang listen to me I cried like a blubbering mess, I was literally acting like somebody had butchered my family I was that inconsolable. But I don't care, I enjoyed myself and let Alexandra Burke how it's done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I went to see Azealia Banks last month. She was amazing, despite not performing for long. However, it was the worst crowd I'd ever seen in my life. They were shoving each other, screaming, fighting, and the guy behind me tried to set me on fire. There were a number of big fights in the concert, some because people were pushing to get to the front, and some for no reason. At multiple times during the concert, the girl behind me was kicking me in the leg and she eventually shoved me aside and stood right in front of me. This girl also kicked up a fuss after the concert because she cut in when people were buying t-shirts and demanded to be served. Turns out this girl lives a few flats away from me :O For 15 minutes I'd been shoved between 2 massive people and I left the concert with a damaged foot, my right leg in pain and bruising all on my upper back. Azealia was fantastic, but the crowd was the worst I'd ever seen.

Ren Harvieu was also amazing (better than Azealia), but at that concert a woman drunk out of her head hassled me for the entire concert.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once read Nina Simone used to stop playing if people were talking too loudly during her performances. She used to walk off stage because she was so furious about it.

On a similar note I know of a singer who now refuses to play certain venues because of the crowd nattering during the set.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    franster wrote: »
    I often wonder how some DM posters function in society..

What on earth has expecting people to behave appropriately in certain environment got to do with what newspaper someone reads?

I've found people's lack of basic decency at the theatre/concerts/cinema growing increasingly awful over the last few years and it's one reason I don't go to such events as often as I used to myself. These things are expensive to attend so what's the point of paying a lot of money to go to an event only to have your time there ruined by some ignorant buffoon? The fact that people like franster appear to condone such behaviour due to some sort of misplaced inverted snobbery tells me things will not improve any time soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If someone is waving a camera phone/ipad in front of you at a gig, play a little game.

See how many times you can knock into them, thus spoiling the camera shot. Bonus points if you knock it out of their hand and double bonus points if you break it!

Another annoyance is people a the front of a rock gig moaning when they get knocked about by the mosh!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    t-swizzle wrote: »
    I HATE it at concerts nowadays people just stand and fil the whole thing on there phones!!!!!!!!! Why?! It really pisses me off.

I agree. I don't get why people would want to ruin the full experience by standing there juggling their phone all night rather than properly enjoying the concert. It actually makes me feel kind of sad, when you watch a live performance or whatever on television and all that you can see is a crowd full of phone screens.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex_Duffy wrote: »
    I went to see Azealia Banks last month. She was amazing, despite not performing for long. However, it was the worst crowd I'd ever seen in my life. They were shoving each other, screaming, fighting, and the guy behind me tried to set me on fire. There were a number of big fights in the concert, some because people were pushing to get to the front, and some for no reason. At multiple times during the concert, the girl behind me was kicking me in the leg and she eventually shoved me aside and stood right in front of me. This girl also kicked up a fuss after the concert because she cut in when people were buying t-shirts and demanded to be served. Turns out this girl lives a few flats away from me :O For 15 minutes I'd been shoved between 2 massive people and I left the concert with a damaged foot, my right leg in pain and bruising all on my upper back. Azealia was fantastic, but the crowd was the worst I'd ever seen.
    Was there any security people there at all during the show? If yes, they should have been fired for all that they let carry on! :mad: :mad: :mad:

God bless you always!!!

Holly
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I don't get why people would want to ruin the full experience by standing there juggling their phone all night rather than properly enjoying the concert. It actually makes me feel kind of sad, when you watch a live performance or whatever on television and all that you can see is a crowd full of phone screens.

This.

People seem obsessed with creating moments which will be good Facebook or Youtube oppertunities. I'm grateful to fans who film good quality concert footage for other fans but that's not the sort of stuff I'm talking about.

Whatever happened to just enjoying the actual moment for what it is and not obsessing about "sharing" it later? :(
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

At a Tori Amos gig last year (I think) she stopped during one of her songs because a couple of people in the front row kept on distracting her by their constant talking. She told them to leave.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blossom85 wrote: »
    At a Tori Amos gig last year (I think) she stopped during one of her songs because a couple of people in the front row kept on distracting her by their constant talking. She told them to leave.

Good for her - although why do we even have ushers/security if they won't deal with these things themselves. A performer should never have to feel the need to make a stand like Tori did. Ridiculous!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Never seen that happen before.

Maybe it depends on the gig. But why would anyone even think of taking an iPad to one? Has anyone else seen people with iPads at gigs?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    This.

People seem obsessed with creating moments which will be good Facebook or Youtube oppertunities. I'm grateful to fans who film good quality concert footage for other fans but that's not the sort of stuff I'm talking about.

Whatever happened to just enjoying the actual moment for what it is and not obsessing about "sharing" it later? :(

Exactly, it just seems a bit of a shame that people seem to value getting a few poor quality videos over having an amazing time.