• Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if anyone will get D.I.S.C.O. :D
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Ugh. I'm sure some people love disco which is fine but it's such an irrelevant genre to me.

So we get an 80's week, Movie Week, Disco Week and soon Big Band week. Can we get some 21st century themes please.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh. I'm sure some people love disco which is fine but it's such an irrelevant genre to me.

So we get an 80's week, Movie Week, Disco Week and soon Big Band week. Can we get some 21st century themes please.

Agreed more current themes please.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fraid not - coz most 21st Century music is pants!!:D
  • Options
    steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so no Halloween themed show
  • Options
    steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol i know right whats the odds big band will be week 5 :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed more current themes please.

Would could these themes be?

When I think of modern genres, I think electronic music mostly.... Drum & Bass, Electro, stuff from will.i.am's laptop. Not sure how it could be translated into a live performance on a singing show.

I suppose you could do 'Chart Week' or something.

- tim
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect there to be an X Factor Alumni week
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Wonder why we're getting them confirmed so early? Usually the themes are a mystery and often changed mid week

I was wondering that. I hate the sound of Disco week.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Disco is a far from irrelevant genre. You could trace just about any contemporary dance genre back to disco. In it's traditional form it's also enjoying something of a resurgence in popularity (Daft Punk's insanely popular Get Lucky being an obvious example).
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Disco is a far from irrelevant genre. You could trace just about any contemporary dance genre back to disco. In it's traditional form it's also enjoying something of a resurgence in popularity (Daft Punk's insanely popular Get Lucky being an obvious example).

Absolutely. A lot of bands that were treated with contempt on the 70's by being lumped together as disco were actually brilliant musicians, superb vocalists, talented songwriters and are still influencing most dance music these days
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member

I totally understand that but tbh I said it was irrelevant "to me", I don't like that song either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Absolutely. A lot of bands that were treated with contempt on the 70's by being lumped together as disco were actually brilliant musicians, superb vocalists, talented songwriters and are still influencing most dance music these days

And are sampled in a lot of dance music these days. House music is a direct desendent of disco.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I totally understand that but tbh I said it was irrelevant "to me", I don't like that song either.

Fair enough. They're never going to do grimecore or even a hiphop week, though. They'll always play safe.

There were a few nods towards dubstep last year I suppose, but I always suspected that was tailored towards James Arthur's 'edgy' credentials. To be honest, they probably tailor the themes towards contestants they favour, generally.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]
    Fair enough. They're never going to do grimecore or even a hiphop week, though. They'll always play safe.

There were a few nods towards dubstep last year I suppose, but I always suspected that was tailored towards James Arthur's 'edgy' credentials. To be honest, they probably tailor the themes towards contestants they favour, generally.

That's not a typo is it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    [/B]

That's not a typo is it?

Nope. Note it's in inverted commas though.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disco Week eh

Kingsmill - YMCA or Staying Alive

Abi - I will survive (slowed down dramatically)

Tamera - Maybe something from Diana Ross like Chain Reaction (60's I know but still may work)

Rough Copy - The Real Thing "You to me are everything" or Billy Oceans "Love really hurts without you", but probably end up with something cheesy like "Build me up buttercup"

Hannah "Thank you for the music" - I'm nothing special in fact I'm a bit of a bore........Slight Lyric change later on - Because everyone mutes the channel when I start to cry.

Miss Dyanmix - Probably the remake of Car wash that Pink Christina etc etc done.

Have no idea about the boys, but whatever it is, they will surely murder it.

Sam Bailey - Could do something like Dancing Queen as she is pretty good at key changes & there is plenty of them in Dancing Queen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abi - Boogie Wonderland - mmmmm...
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    So. Who wants to take bets on who sings 'Get Lucky'?
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's gonna be the group song! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member

Rough Copy, Kingsland Road...then Louis will have a fit and get out his rule book because he wanted that song for Sam.... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    It's gonna be the group song! :D

It's already been the group song!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's already been the group song!

It shouldn't be anyway because it isn't disco - wrong era.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    It shouldn't be anyway because it isn't disco - wrong era.

It's still a disco song.

Personally I'm hoping someone does a borderline inappropriate version of I Feel Love. Damn, why did Shelley have to get voted out ;)
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Tamera - Maybe something from Diana Ross like Chain Reaction (60's I know but still may work)

You mean the song released in 1986?