Options

You're Fired - Guests having a go at each other?

Magic8BallMagic8Ball Posts: 3,808
Forum Member
✭✭✭
On You're Fired tonight that chef guy guest seemed to be purposely laughing in an over the top way at that Iranian comdiennes jokes.

The only time I have seen someone laugh in an over the top way with a delay like that they were blatantly taking the piss. Did it look that way to anyone else.

Was he having a go for some reason like a ****, or was he just a bit slow?

He soon stopped it after she put him down with the 'are you watching me on satellite?' quip!

Comments

• Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Magic8Ball wrote: »
    On You're Fired tonight that chef guy guest seemed to be purposely laughing in an over the top way at that Iranian comdiennes jokes.

The only time I have seen someone laugh in an over the top way with a delay like that they were blatantly taking the piss. Did it look that way to anyone else.

Was he having a go for some reason like a ****, or was he just a bit slow?

He soon stopped it after she put him down with the 'are you watching me on satellite?' quip!

She just wasn't very funny!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like every comedian, she felt she couldn't say enough (trying to get as much exposure on the telly as possible), only she wasn't funny at all, well except for the satelite bit.
  • Options
    Mgar9Mgar9 Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    She was horrendous on mock the week ages ago
  • Options
    KookyKatieKookyKatie Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found them both funny, and no, I didn't detect sarcasm in his manner.

I was going to come on DS to praise this episode of You're Fired for its humour (admittedly, James' peeing anecdotes having a lot to do with that :D ), but it seems some people disagree.
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    KookyKatie wrote: »
    I found them both funny, and no, I didn't detect sarcasm in his manner.

I was going to come on DS to praise this episode of You're Fired for its humour (admittedly, James' peeing anecdotes having a lot to do with that :D ), but it seems some people disagree.

I agree with you. :)
  • Options
    ~V~~V~ Posts: 17,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My take on it was that she was very dry and Gregg Wallace was taking a while to catch on. Sometimes when it sinks in slowly you are more amused. Her humour was extremely subtle which was made even funnier by the fact her delivery wasn't
  • Options
    TernTern Posts: 2,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~V~ wrote: »
    My take on it was that she was very dry and Gregg Wallace was taking a while to catch on. Sometimes when it sinks in slowly you are more amused. Her humour was extremely subtle which was made even funnier by the fact her delivery wasn't

Absolutely.

Unfortunately I think a lot of her humour went right over people's heads.
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I found her very funny personally, and they guy's late laughing did seem a bit sarcastic to me. Whether he actually was sarcastic, I don't know, but I hope he wasn't, as it's not a very nice thing to do, especially on TV.
  • Options
    robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought it was very genuine he just took a while to get her jokes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 430
    Forum Member

She was quite funny but there wasn't anything particularly complex or subtle about her humour.

The joke about how many different ways are their to grill something was the one he had a delayed laugh to.

It was a simple joke and not one that would take 2 minutes to click onto.
  • Options
    Marmite BabyMarmite Baby Posts: 3,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite simply a very lousy comedian. I remember hearing her on the radio 4 'News Quiz' where the she was hopelessly out of her depth with the quick-wittedness of the likes of Andy Hamilton, Jeremy Hardy & Sandi Toksveg. She could learn a few things about comic timing from Nick in fact.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    I think he was just very slow
  • Options
    PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought it was very genuine he just took a while to get her jokes

Ditto. And he who laughs last was laughing longest.

But, the program did appear a bit laboured last night. Can't put my finger on why. Maybe a lack of dynamic between the guests.
  • Options
    maybemaybe Posts: 4,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ditto. And he who laughs last was laughing longest.

But, the program did appear a bit laboured last night. Can't put my finger on why. Maybe a lack of dynamic between the guests.

I couldn't really see the point of the chef and the comedian -neither seemed to contribute anything much. I prefer it when they have genuinely business-minded people on the panel.

It was great to see Nick though.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the pair of them very amusing, along with Nick.

One of the best episodes of 'You're Fired' yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gregg Wallace is a greengrocer not a chef. ;)
  • Options
    maybemaybe Posts: 4,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nightstar wrote: »

I had never heard of him :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was very funny! I think he just took a while to get the jokes. Nick was hilarious as always :D
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    nightstar wrote: »

Ingredients guru if you please.;)

He did apologise for being slow,said it had been a long day I think. I wondered if the vodka and tonics might have been to blame.

I thought they were pretty good personally, and went very easy on Rocky
  • Options
    Cherie FlairCherie Flair Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    I thought she wa not that funny but have seen her on comedy store before and she was hilarious
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member

I couldn't disagree any more strongly.

Initially I didn't think I would enjoy the programme as I don't find the female comedian very funny, and Gregg seemed to be trying a bit hard ... but after a while it turned onto the funniest epsiode I can remember seeing in a long time.

It was probably around the point where the guy adimitted wetting himself that the programme really caught fire.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    I found her very funny personally, and they guy's late laughing did seem a bit sarcastic to me. Whether he actually was sarcastic, I don't know, but I hope he wasn't, as it's not a very nice thing to do, especially on TV.

I think he's just a bit thick, and unsubtle.

The satellite line was class!
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her humour was extremely subtle which was made even funnier by the fact her delivery wasn't
    It seemed to be the cooking jokes that he (a) took a moment to understand, then (b) found funniest. I reckon when he heard the line about different ways of grilling, he was chef enough to stop and count them, and then was struck by the incongruity of it more heavily than a non-chef would be.

Also, I though he might have fancied her a bit as a consequence of liking her humour. Men sometimes laugh too loud at women's jokes.