Options

Steven Moffatt invites Steven Spielberg to direct Doctor Who

2»

Comments

• Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's an American. He has no inherent right to live or work in the UK.

Saving Private Ryan was filmed in the UK.

Indeed Saving Private Ryan only happened because Tony Blair was willing to give large tax breaks on the production, after meeting Spielberg about it. Steven Spielberg has praised Blair in interviews for this.

Somehow I doubt Steven Spielberg would have issues getting a work permit.
  • Options
    FATCHOPSFATCHOPS Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doubt it will happen, which is a good thing, Steven Spielberg is terribly overrated, him and James Cameron.

Terribly overrated? Yes they've only made a handful of the most popular movies there will ever be.
  • Options
    NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »

There is a difference between a foreign production shooting in a country and a domestic production using foreign crew members - as I mentioned in my first post bringing up the issue. American directors work in Canada all the time - but not on Canadian TV productions.

Kevin Smith, while not in the Spielberg category, is a noted director and could not direct or write for Degrassi, much as he wanted to, while he was allowed to act in several episodes. I'm not suggesting things have to work the same way in the UK as in Canada, but mentioned the possibility because of that precedent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »

Indeed Saving Private Ryan only happened because Tony Blair was willing to give large tax breaks on the production, after meeting Spielberg about it. Steven Spielberg has praised Blair in interviews for this.

Wasn't that in Ireland? Band of Brothers was the one that was filmed in England.