The Emmerdale Discussion Thread (Spoilers in tags — Part 15)

Comments

• crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Wyezed wrote: »
    So do they live in Robblesfield or Hotten or somewhere? Don't remember them being mentioned. Only Shirley I know of in it is Edna.

Your right :D:D Weatherfield is very very off topic :p
  • Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Please Please I beg you not to pollute Emmerdale with anything about that absolutely unwatchable show, I can't even fast forward to the good bits anymore like I used to since there aren't any, none at all.

LOL Hollyoaks isn't that bad, I think its way better than Neighbours which has terrible actors and is written like its for kindergartners and I really enjoy the new family on Holyoaks, the Lovedays, the mom is amazing. I'd like to see Corrie and Emmerdale introduce a black family like them.
    Yes well Star's hatred for Donna is long standing and for a specific reason I won't talk about here for fear of her Wrath which is terrible when it comes to Donna.:D:D:o

LOL know I really want to know what its about. I don't see how anyone could hate her she was so nice.
    I have no opinion on the actors themselves other than they are by no means the strongest actors but the characters they play are hateful, and we don't need both of them since they are essentially the same character.

While Aaron and Ross are both the thug with a heart, they do have some differences, Aaron was never a career criminal like Ross and Ross isn't gay. Plus Aaron tries do the right thing as he's matured now where as Ross gives zero F****s about his actions.
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL Hollyoaks isn't that bad, I think its way better than Neighbours which has terrible actors and is written like its for kindergartners and I really enjoy the new family on Holyoaks, the Lovedays, the mom is amazing. I'd like to see Corrie and Emmerdale introduce a black family like them.

LOL know I really want to know what its about. I don't see how anyone could hate her she was so nice.

While Aaron and Ross are both the thug with a heart, they do have some differences, Aaron was never a career criminal like Ross and Ross isn't gay. Plus Aaron tries do the right thing as he's matured now where as Ross gives zero F****s about his actions.

Star was and is very fond of Jasmine Thomas (Jenna Coleman now of Doctor Who), she and Debbie killed Shane the rapist policeman as he attacked them and WPC Donna stuck her beak into the affair where in Star's opinion it wasn't wanted and got Jasmine sent to prison which caused her to leave the show (not the only reason) and Star has never forgiven Donna alive or dead, i'm sure Star will explain it better but those are the basic facts.

When I say fond I mean she loves her as much as I Hate Aaron and Hound loves Ross combined.:cool::D
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say I've seen much maturity from Aaron during this entire affair storyline.

He's behaved as if he has the moral high ground because Robert is gay - therefore his feelings for Robert are somehow more legitimate than Chrissie's.

He has lied to his friends & family - not only about the affair, but about the circumstance of Katie's death.
    He knew what Katie thought was true whilst the entire village branded her as an obsessed lunatic. Has he even tried to apologise to Andy for that?

Has hasn't taken responsibility for "his" actions over the affair - merely "reacted" to Robert's actions.

His reasons for telling Chrissie about the affair were simply to engage with his own anger and hurt pride because the man he "loved" put a gun to his head.

Of course - he cried a lot and tried to self-harm - therefore he gets the sympathy vote "poor Aaron" - but in reality is just the same old "pity-me" Aaron that's always been.

And yeah - bashing a bottle over James's head was incredibly mature.

Aaron hasn't matured in the slightest - if anything, he has completely regressed since he came back from France.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member

Sheepiefarm got there before me, but Aaron also gives zero f**ks about his actions. Katie dying didn't stop him happily shagging Robert. Chrissie's marriage being wrecked didn't stop him happily shagging Robert. He doesn't give a toss, as long as he gets his way.

His poor ickle mee boohoo victim act doesn't wash with me. :cry:

I hope both Chrissie and Andy destroy him. :cool:
  • crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    star89 wrote: »
    So? She started on ED. She got her other roles off the back of ED. Of course she is an ED product. That was her first job and where she got her other roles from.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't understand.

Jenna is not the only one Star, if we go down the Dr Who route Sam Anderson was also an ED regular. Karl Davies has also built a nice wee career for himself :D

These are just a couple of people off the top of my head without much thinking, this however does not suit spunger's version of history. So just let him post way to his hearts content :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Star was and is very fond of Jasmine Thomas (Jenna Coleman now of Doctor Who), she and Debbie killed Shane the rapist policeman as he attacked them and WPC Donna stuck her beak into the affair where in Star's opinion it wasn't wanted and got Jasmine sent to prison which caused her to leave the show (not the only reason) and Star has never forgiven Donna alive or dead, i'm sure Star will explain it better but those are the basic facts.

When I say fond I mean she loves her as much as I Hate Aaron and Hound loves Ross combined.:cool::D

Oh yeah Donna was involved in that story, however its Jasmine and Debbie's actions that got them in trouble not Donna. That cop attacked Jasmine so she could have just told the police and it would have all been fine, but she and Debbie decided to dump the body in the lake.
    I can't say I've seen much maturity from Aaron during this entire affair storyline.

He's behaved as if he has the moral high ground because Robert is gay - therefore his feelings for Robert are somehow more legitimate than Chrissie's.

He has lied to his friends & family - not only about the affair, but about the circumstance of Katie's death.
    He knew what Katie thought was true whilst the entire village branded her as an obsessed lunatic. Has he even tried to apologise to Andy for that?

Has hasn't taken responsibility for "his" actions over the affair - merely "reacted" to Robert's actions.

His reasons for telling Chrissie about the affair were simply to engage with his own anger and hurt pride because the man he "loved" put a gun to his head.

Of course - he cried a lot and tried to self-harm - therefore he gets the sympathy vote "poor Aaron" - but in reality is just the same old "pity-me" Aaron that's always been.

Aaron hasn't matured in the slightest - if anything, he has completely regressed since he came back from France.

I think he has matured, he has accepted his sexuality and generally tries to stay out of trouble, now he does make some mistakes and he does owe several people an apology like Andy and Chrissy however Aaron does show remorse where as Ross doesn't. As for Aaron hitting Papa Barton on the head with the bottle, Jame had that coming, he cheated on Chas and was dogging Aaron out.
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sheepiefarm got there before me, but Aaron also gives zero f**ks about his actions. Katie dying didn't stop him happily shagging Robert. Chrissie's marriage being wrecked didn't stop him happily shagging Robert. He doesn't give a toss, as long as he gets his way.

This:D:D:D

saved me a long rant heh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he has matured, he has accepted his sexuality and generally tries to stay out of trouble, now he does make some mistakes and he does owe several people an apology like Andy and Chrissy however Aaron does show remorse where as Ross doesn't. As for Aaron hitting Papa Barton on the head with the bottle, Jame had that coming, he cheated on Chas and was dogging Aaron out.

Pot, kettle, black - at least James wasn't trying to murder Chas's family & friends eh?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

LOL, you make a good point but I think Aaron was so dickmatized by Robert he wasn't thinking straight and even then he wasn't ok with all of it, it really tore him up inside.

I don't think Chrissy or Andy will go after him though, they will be focused on Robert.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ha - you know that's not gonna happen

Angry Andy who can't control his temper will probably pat him on the back and commiserate with him for falling in love with his skank of a brother.

Hell - even Victoria's more concerned with her vol-au-vents than her brother shagging an ex of hers :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pot, kettle, black - at least James wasn't trying to murder Chas's family & friends eh?

True, but at the time Aaron didn't know that Robert had pushed Katie and before he tried to kill Paddy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True, but at the time Aaron didn't know that Robert had pushed Katie and before he tried to kill Paddy.
    But he'd shagged Robert a damn sight more times than James had with his ex-wife
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah Donna was involved in that story, however its Jasmine and Debbie's actions that got them in trouble not Donna. That cop attacked Jasmine so she could have just told the police and it would have all been fine, but she and Debbie decided to dump the body in the lake.
    No. Shane was about to rape Jasmine and she acted instinctively in self defense, but there was no guarantee that the police would see it that way. Sadly in the UK the victim doesn't have the automatic right to self defence in the way the US does. Debbie (and Eli) helped Jasmine in the way a true loyal friend might do - yes in hindsight it was wrong, but in the heat of the moment they acted on instinct to protect the innocent party (ie. the intended rape victim!).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Brilliant posts!
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    LOL, you make a good point but I think Aaron was so dickmatized by Robert he wasn't thinking straight and even then he wasn't ok with all of it, it really tore him up inside.

I don't think Chrissy or Andy will go after him though, they will be focused on Robert.

Did it? I didn't notice him do anything but cry with self-pity and then just carry on doing whatever he wanted.
    Ha - you know that's not gonna happen

Angry Andy who can't control his temper will probably pat him on the back and commiserate with him for falling in love with his skank of a brother.

Hell - even Victoria's more concerned with her vol-au-vents than her brother shagging an ex of hers :o

Nope, it won't happen. For some bizarre reason, the showrunners seem to think Aaron's a hero, so he gets a pass. He could run over Tootsie and he'd still just cry some pretty ickle tears and we would all blame Tootsie for getting in the way.

But if I was Chrissie, I would honestly be slapping him into next Wednesday and calling him out for the selfish little sh*tty tart that he is. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But he'd shagged Robert a damn sight more times than James had with his ex-wife

True, but I think what really got to Aaron was how James called him a coward and told him he's always hiding behind Paddy and his Mom which was pretty nasty. And James who is about 50 years old should have better control of himself to go at a 20 something year old like that.
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True, but I think what really got to Aaron was how James called him a coward and told him he's always hiding behind Paddy and his Mom which was pretty nasty. And James who is about 50 years old should have better control of himself to go at a 20 something year old like that.

He had enough control over himself to not bash Aaron over the head so it's not really Evens Stevens as far as they're concerned, I'm afraid.

Aaron is not a child, he should have had the self control to not resort to violence over an insult.
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spunger wrote: »
    That is half my problem. Why can"t people just enjoy the characters and actors wirhout resorting to posting ridiculous OTT hyper nonsense? If Exeter City fans posted on a sports forum saying how amazingly brilliant their teams players are they would be laughed off the forum.

Why does it matter so badly if they do? It's not harming anyone or anything. It's a fan forum for soaps, fans are going to post enthusiastically and hype up about actors and characters they like. Their not stating it as cold hard fact that someone is great or someone is terrible, their posting their own opinion, and there's no right or wrong opinion as its just that - somebody's own opinion of something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samcains90 wrote: »
    He had enough control over himself to not bash Aaron over the head so it's not really Evens Stevens as far as they're concerned, I'm afraid.

Aaron is not a child, he should have had the self control to not resort to violence over an insult.

True, but Aaron has had a history of violence and I think he's done a lot better since his return than when he was younger....you gotta give him some credit.
  • star89star89 Posts: 23,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't bring logic into my severe hatred >:(:blush::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

I don't think it was just over that he was also hurt and angry over being let down by Robert again because he chose to spend time with his wife over him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ME1234567 wrote: »
    I don't think it was just over that he was also hurt and angry over being let down by Robert again because he chose to spend time with his wife over him.
    He should have expected that, having started an affair with a married man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Pandora. wrote: »
    He should have expected that, having started an affair with a married man.

I know but he always seems to act annoyed or the hurt party when Robert doesn't choose him or lets him down to be with his wife.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    Don't bring logic into my severe hatred >:(:blush::D

You should transfer your hate to Debbie, that was Jasmine's friend and she should have been level headed enough to deal with the situation properly. :D
    ME1234567 wrote: »

You make a good point but I think James' comments took Aaron over the edge